Patrick Chan | Page 371 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
definitely... it was at his highest level of skating and interpretation... the zone... same as 4cc last year... so only 93?? :) i agree with you... i'd given him 97
After watching Patrick's FS again I believe the way he skated that program his PC's should have been 3-5 points higher,
he was that amazing!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
i so knew you'd be happy to see your old friends Guru :) you really win today on all accounts

i hope they stick around with us.... we are crazy but fun :)

Yes! Yes! Yes!

definitely... it was at his highest level of skating and interpretation... the zone... same as 4cc last year... so only 93?? :) i agree with you... i'd given him 97

I'd give him 98 but for the fall and some room for even more amazing performance to come. But compared to PCS given to others, I'd give him 120.

spikydurian

Medalist
Welcome back spikydurian and Emdee! :ghug: I missed you so much!

Some old friends stopped showing up for a while for their reasons but there is nothing like a fabulous :luv17: wonderful :love: amazing :bow: performance and come from behind win :yes2: by our beloved Patrick for them to come back for the celebration! :yahoo::cheer::party2:

Always lurking in this thread but just hardly post. You all are doing a good job cheering Patrick on. :love:

MIM

Medalist
I was only able to stay up until the ladies event. I wish I had been awake watching him live but...

Watched his fp. It was transcendent, beautiful... it made up any resentment from his less remarkable skating at the WC in Boston, and the SC a few weeks ago. I was heartbroken at the WC after all the beautiful, self-evolving performance after performance over the course of last season. I couldn't believe what just had happened.

He regrouped himself. With new coaches and new approach to pick the music, he built the program that is better than what I had thought was his best work. I am so proud of him. I know how you would feel as his fans. I just want to let the words out before I rewatch maybe ten times...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
from the article in the edge

“This year is all about the process,” the reigning Four Continents champion said. “One thing I’ve learned since coming back to the competitive scene is that I really need to let go of the fact that I’m doing this for the results. That isn’t the right train of thought for what I’m trying to do, which is a hard thing to do. It is not easy to forget about results, but that was my approach today. I didn’t really expect to win my two Grand Prixs, because my goal was more to put out my quad Sal.”

yes!!!!

emdee

Final Flight
i so knew you'd be happy to see your old friends Guru :) you really win today on all accounts

i hope they stick around with us.... we are crazy but fun :)

I will definitely stick around. I went to see Patrick and bought some of his ice wine autographed by him.

Enjoyed seeing him live at Skate Canada but unfortunately am not able to go to nationals. However booked my hotel for next year's skate Canada already.

emdee

Final Flight
Welcome back spikydurian and Emdee! :ghug: I missed you so much!

Some old friends stopped showing up for a while for their reasons but there is nothing like a fabulous :luv17: wonderful :love: amazing :bow: performance and come from behind win :yes2: by our beloved Patrick for them to come back for the celebration! :yahoo::cheer::party2:
Great to be back! Spiky came to Toronto and we were able to meet up and have lunch together.

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
from the article in the edge

yes!!!!

Double yes!! So happy that he's getting into the right mindset! :hap57: I put this quote in my blog post along with others.

One example of this is shown in the GIF I created of him picking up something off the ice right before he was supposed to skate his FS:

https://twitter.com/PCSkatingFan/status/800189754390122497

Whatever it was, it didn't faze him at all. He just turned it in and went on to start his FS. See it on the video here:

https://youtu.be/RiTOjONygv0?t=2

It's such a blip of a moment that I didn't even notice until after watching the video a few times, but it's very telling about his level of calm and focus. He said that he did what he does at home for his FS, and it was obvious that he felt comfortable and "at home" this time. :)

By the way, I love the bowl of fruit salad served up by this fan fest!:agree: :laugh:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i am going to nationals!!!! waiting to get the schedule before i book anything...

won't go to regina... no no no ;)
I will definitely stick around. I went to see Patrick and bought some of his ice wine autographed by him.

Enjoyed seeing him live at Skate Canada but unfortunately am not able to go to nationals. However booked my hotel for next year's skate Canada already.