Random Confessions

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, we absolutely could use a Spiderman emoticon for Boyang! These will have to do in the meantime! 🕷️🕸️ I had a a little Spiderman item for him that I wanted to throw on the ice @ Worlds in Montreal last year, but it never happened. :cry: I'm still holding on to it in hopes that we get to see him skate again (in person) before he retires for good.

A Wonder Woman emoticon for the talented & beautiful Gal Gadot? Yes!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, we absolutely could use a Spiderman emoticon for Boyang! These will have to do in the meantime! 🕷️🕸️ I had a a little Spiderman item for him that I wanted to throw on the ice @ Worlds in Montreal last year, but it never happened. :cry: I'm still holding on to it in hopes that we get to see him skate again (in person) before he retires for good.

Although I don't think sporting events should be happening during a pandemic, this is the one reason I feel disappointed when they get cancelled. For those fans that have missed out on an opportunity to see their favourites, and may not get the opportunity to see them again.

I am still kicking myself that I did not go to the 2011 Trophée de France or the 2012 Europeans in Sheffield.

A Wonder Woman emoticon for the talented & beautiful Gal Gadot? Yes!

Oh, I thought you would have been like me and automatically think of Lynda Carter when you think of "Wonder Woman".

But, I can't argue with what your description of Gal. She is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

I'm ashamed to admit that, after looking through her filmography, the only thing on the list that I have seen is a cartoon ("Ralph Breaks The Internet"). But, I am really looking forward to seeing how she portrays Cleopatra whenever it gets released. In the past year, I've seen Vivien Leigh, Elizabeth Taylor and Rhonda Fleming play her, so it will be interesting to see what Gal's version is like.

And I just loved Gal's reply to those people who were criticising her being chosen for the role rather than an Egyptian actress. "First of all, if you want to be true to the facts, then Cleopatra was Macedonian". You tell 'em, girl! :biggrin: :clap: :points:

Gotta love somebody who actually knows the history of the person they are going to play before they actually start working on it. ;)

That said, I thought everybody knew Cleopatra was from a Greek family. But, maybe I'm blinkered because I have long been interested in ancient Egypt.

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

My cat jumps better Axels than me.
Medalist
Country
Austria
Random confession: After what happened at my recent outdoor skating session (I whined in detail over in the Lutz Corner, but suffice to say I couldn't even do the simplest exercises anymore) I signed up for core strength classes via zoom. The classes were advertised as a "gentle workout". Yeah, right.... I had the third class today and I anticipate that I will not be able to climb the stairs to our flat tomorrow due to my muscles aching so much. Anyway, the coach wants us to keep our webcams running during the workout so she can correct us, and even though we have super fast internet, I just pretend that my connection is so bad that I can't have my camera turned on. That way, when it gets too much, I just stop with the exercise repetitions, lie panting on my mat, and question all my life choices...

Amei

Record Breaker
Random confession: After what happened at my recent outdoor skating session (I whined in detail over in the Lutz Corner, but suffice to say I couldn't even do the simplest exercises anymore) I signed up for core strength classes via zoom. The classes were advertised as a "gentle workout". Yeah, right.... I had the third class today and I anticipate that I will not be able to climb the stairs to our flat tomorrow due to my muscles aching so much. Anyway, the coach wants us to keep our webcams running during the workout so she can correct us, and even though we have super fast internet, I just pretend that my connection is so bad that I can't have my camera turned on. That way, when it gets too much, I just stop with the exercise repetitions, lie panting on my mat, and question all my life choices...

Not all heroes wear capes, my cat has a tendency to park in front of the webcam for ab class

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My latest confession is that I have been watching The Horror Channel every weekday for the past 5 weeks.

Those that have read my posts will know that I am squeemish at blood and gore and things like that. So, you are probably wondering why on Earth I would be watching The Horror Channel. Well, due of the watershed rules, they aren't able to show real horror shows and films during the day. So, they fill up their daytime schedules with sci-fi shows.

The reason I am watching The Horror Channel is that they started showing "Star Trek: Enterprise" from the start!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I am too enthusiastic about figure skating. And Star Trek.

Today, I wanted to research good socks for the future, as I'll get proper skates soon.

I googled for something way more interesting - iceskating spocks. :scratch3:

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/495466396478186443/

Spock was always my favourite character. And I was genuinely upset when Leonard Nimoy died a few years ago. (Wow! Really can't believe it will be 5 years at the end of this month! :shocked: )

Did you by any chance watch the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] of the new films ("Into Darkness") on Film4 tonight? I was planning to watch it LIVE (so to speak), but didn't manage to get tea over in time for it starting. But, I've taped it, and will hopefully get it watched in the next few days, before 4 Continents starts.

I enjoyed the first one when I saw it a few months ago, but you still can't beat the older films with the Original Series or Next Generation casts.

No, I usually don't watch TV, just Netflix or YT :D But my hubby and me are actually just going through all the shows as I hadn't watched most ST before. We watched TNG + films, Enterprise, Discovery, now we're busy with DS9 and Picard. Looking forward to Voyager as well!

I watched the "Original Series", "Next Generation", and "Voyager" back in the late nineties, and enjoyed them. For some reason, I didn't really get into "Deep Space 9". And I was away at Uni when "Enterprise" was on (you could only get a pretty bad terrestrial signal at the Halls Of Residence). But then I didn't watch any of the newer stuff until I spotted the first of the new films on the TV over Christmas. And I thought "well, I may as well give it a try to see what it's like". And it was actually quite good, so I have been waiting for the next one to appear. And now it has. :biggrin:

Nearly 20 years after it was first broadcast, I am now finally catching up on what I still tend to refer to as "the new series"!!! :p

Series 1 will finish on Monday night / Tuesday morning, with Series 2 starting straight away on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.

So far, I have been enjoying teh series. Admittedly, it is bothering me how wooden Captain Archer is. But I think it is the case that the character is deliberately written that way, rather than Scott Bakula not being able to act (hey, if he couldn't act, he wouldn't have gone on to get the main role in "NCIS: New Orleans" as well!) So, I am quietly hopeful that he will lighten up as time goes on.

As somebody whose favourite character in the original series was Spock, I just love the way the series is developing the back-story of the Vulcans. And that we have a Vulcan as part of the main crew! :biggrin: I liked the way that the series was written in a way that you weren't sure for a long time whether to turst T'Pol or not. I was constantly changing my mind! :laugh:

I realise it is all part of playing a Vulcan, but Jolene Blalock really does not suit short hair. There was one episode where she had long hair as part of a disguise, and that suited her a lot better! ;)

One thing I was disappointed with is that the writers seem to have gone full-on with the British stereotype for Malcolm. Come on, not everybody from the UK is "stiff upper lip" and all that! :rolleye:

Oh, and can I just add, I hope they develop Hoshi into a bigger character. Because Linda Park is just :love:

I wonder if they are going to show all 5 series in a row, or whether they are going to break it up with something else. I hope they do show them all at once!

And maybe then go straight onto "Discovery" when they have completed showing "Enterprise"! :biggrin:

Live long and prosper! 🖖

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two minor confessions....

Someone remind me next time I blithely volunteer to update the (possiby) longest and most complicated fan fest bio on the site that I don't know what I'm doing with even simple computer code. I keep telling myself that the mental exercise is good for the brain. Or something.

For my current studies, one of my assignments involved rather precise descriptions of people: I picked three skaters, not naming them because at least two of the descriptions I did were, ummm, probably not exactly kind. And I got a very very good grade, which is rather worrying...

anonymoose_au

Making sequined tie and vest combos cool
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Serious question...do any of you guys follow fellow skating fans on Twitter?

I have the most unbelievable talent of following people who turn out to be completely opposite to me in taste and favourites.

And I never realise until I'm scrolling along and find them being all "(Insert my fave here) is an overscored hack and probably paying off judges too".

As you can imagine I just WTF at this and have absolutely no idea how to respond since telling them off when I'm the one following them seems rather rude.

So like...how do I find more like-minded persons? I have no trouble with finding people with like-minded (or least not stunningly offensive) political or social views. I'm just really terrible when it comes to skating fans!

Apple1078

Rinkside
Serious question...do any of you guys follow fellow skating fans on Twitter?

I have the most unbelievable talent of following people who turn out to be completely opposite to me in taste and favourites.

And I never realise until I'm scrolling along and find them being all "(Insert my fave here) is an overscored hack and probably paying off judges too".

As you can imagine I just WTF at this and have absolutely no idea how to respond since telling them off when I'm the one following them seems rather rude.

So like...how do I find more like-minded persons? I have no trouble with finding people with like-minded (or least not stunningly offensive) political or social views. I'm just really terrible when it comes to skating fans!
I try not to do any fs related Twitter searches (I made that mistake a couple of times) and don't really follow skaters or fans either. I find Twitter too toxic when it comes to most things, fs included. I'd lose my mind if I were a skater and I hope they stay away from it.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
1. I kind of want someone to write a YOI spinoff called Yayoi on Ice based off of Akiko Suzuki's career.
2. every time I hear the song Audition from La La Land, I think it's about committing suicide.

Arriba627

🔥CRAZY FIRE🔥 🐕🐕🐕
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
True confession -- On Easter last year, my area was one month into a Stay At Home order. I remember thinking "Oh well, this will be over by summer." No one celebrated Easter last year! Posting this special cake in honor of everyone's resilience. Yes, we have made it through what was a nightmare of a year for many. There IS light at the end of the tunnel! Happy Easter!
Lamb Cake.jpg