Random Confessions | Page 173 | Golden Skate

Random Confessions

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Adopted dog number 3 from a Thailand shelter last March.. her name there was Hangbaum and I changed it to Hannah because she looks like a Hannah!
She 10+ years and blind.. had severe glaucoma while living on the streets there and too late to save her sight when rescued.. She is a total inspiration and has taught me so much since she arrived. I feel truly blessed to have her.. patient, quiet, calm. I am awestruck by her daily..
D98030D1-8F25-4A24-AC27-A04EB601D517.jpeg

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I just needed to use the mixer to prepare lunch, but my boyfriend was like "There are currently two cats resting in the kitchen, you can't use the mixer now, it would disturb their slumber!". This sounded totally reasonable to me, so I prepared lunch in the bathroom....

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
I just needed to use the mixer to prepare lunch, but my boyfriend was like "There are currently two cats resting in the kitchen, you can't use the mixer now, it would disturb their slumber!". This sounded totally reasonable to me, so I prepared lunch in the bathroom....
Never disturb the masters when they sleep. I grew up with two cats and a dog. A Persian/Himalayan (sister's cat) then we got a German Shepherd - who stayed in our massive backyard - then a stray black and white kitten who liked walking on top of our fence and goading our dog. Fun times.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
(I guess I'm double-posting?)

I found a story where the winter Olympics were still held in the same years as the summer ones and the USSR was still around (at least, at of 2008), and I was trying to mentally figure out what figure skating would be like and then realized that there are a bunch of American men's skaters who are the children of former Eastern European skaters who would not be in America in this universe, so...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
(I guess I'm double-posting?)

I found a story where the winter Olympics were still held in the same years as the summer ones and the USSR was still around (at least, at of 2008), and I was trying to mentally figure out what figure skating would be like and then realized that there are a bunch of American men's skaters who are the children of former Eastern European skaters who would not be in America in this universe, so...

I'm curious about the men's skaters, do you think this is because the parents would have found it too difficult to emigrate? It would not have been as easy, very true, but the Protopopovs managed.:shrug:

I don't want to imagine a world where Andrew T. is not driving his Jeep on the California beach like the All American boy he is:biggrin:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I'm curious about the men's skaters, do you think this is because the parents would have found it too difficult to emigrate? It would not have been as easy, very true, but the Protopopovs managed.:shrug:

I don't want to imagine a world where Andrew T. is not driving his Jeep on the California beach like the All American boy he is:biggrin:
This story didn't really go into figure skating at all and it was more a random stray thought from me. (the ones that I thought of were Malinin, Torgashev, Krasnozhon, and Ponomarenko, but there's probably a few more that I forgot)

I'm still thinking up podiums.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know if phones have flimsier screens these days or if I'm a bigger klutz now that I'm approaching the big 4-0 (maybe both!) but I completely smashed my phone screen this morning...the second time this year I've done that!

Admittedly, the first one was just a crack at the top of the screen and I'm using it now (still super annoying). Now I have to buy another new phone.

Question is should I just buy the exact same phone or something different (although I already gave a nice phone wallet for the current one I have...)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know if phones have flimsier screens these days or if I'm a bigger klutz now that I'm approaching the big 4-0 (maybe both!) but I completely smashed my phone screen this morning...the second time this year I've done that!

Admittedly, the first one was just a crack at the top of the screen and I'm using it now (still super annoying). Now I have to buy another new phone.

Question is should I just buy the exact same phone or something different (although I already gave a nice phone wallet for the current one I have...)
Upgrade to one that you marvel at but is easy to use and fits your phone wallet if possible! :)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Upgrade to one that you marvel at but is easy to use and fits your phone wallet if possible! :)
That probably won't work because the phone wallet is like this That is, it matches the phone exactly, a different one even of the same brand probably wouldn't fit right (different camera placement etc).

I do like this particular phone a lot though...maybe I'll stick to being an old fogey and just buy the same one otherwise I'll have to buy a new case and who knows what might happen while I wait for it to arrive! ;)

Let this be a lesson to us all, when using your phone as a radio in the bathroom make sure to CLOSE the cover lest you knock it off the sink and it lands face first on the tiles 😱

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ It is a pretty case! Actually, my own old fogy side wanted to say order one just like the old one -- you won't have to learn anything new that way. :laugh: And then I remembered that I'm always amazed at the jumps in technology, how easy it often is to use new fabulous features, etc. etc. But I definitely have both sides.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
^^ It is a pretty case!
Well, mine's not that stylish, it is green though! I'd take a photo, but the phone is in it :laugh2:

Get a tempered glass screen protector. I used to break my screen, and I don't any more.
This is the kicker. I DID have one of those...then it got cracked so I removed it and then promptly forgot I didn't have one on it anymore.

So when I heard the crunch this morning I was like "Phew! Thank God for tempered glass."

Then I found out when I tried to peel it off...

Darkness my old friend.jpeg

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OK...made an executive decision and ordered the exact same phone off eBay (New), but I might have to wait for about two weeks for it to arrive...

In the meantime I'll have to suck it up with the phone crack...which is really quite small compared to a cracked screen but it peeves me off...