Rika Kihira | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Maria Anna

Rinkside
I'm so so so happy for Rika :hap10: She snatched wigs and set a world record :yahoo:

I literally screamed when she landed 3A. I hope she can do her best for FS. :pray:

Good luck queen :luv17:

Ulrica

On the Ice
I just want to say that it was a privilige watching her skate today, my first time watching a competition live and I got to witness a world record.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
K I know this is Rika’s fan thread and all but as a Rika fan who loves a lot of Japanese ladies, may I suggest the following who also fulfill those criteria:

Japanese ladies who can jump higher than 2 inches off the ice:
Wakaba Higuchi
Kaori Sakamoto
Mako Yamashita
Tomoe Kawabata
Nana Araki
Mai Mihara

And of course, nobody has ever jumped higher off the ice than Midori Ito.

leoleo

Medalist
long post

I did not even feel like paying attention to that comment because it's messy & also very untrue :confused2: There's loads of talent among the japanese ladies and apart from Satoko & Marin, i don't see who else has small jumps! There are several big jumpers and no personality? come on now, i mean this has got to be a joke :laugh2:

MRani

On the Ice
And of course, nobody has ever jumped higher off the ice than Midori Ito.

Absolutely! But I was thinking of the girls that are competing today when I replied.

I did not even feel like paying attention to that comment because it's messy & also very untrue :confused2: There's loads of talent among the japanese ladies and apart from Satoko & Marin, i don't see who else has small jumps! There are several big jumpers and no personality? come on now, i mean this has got to be a joke :laugh2:

It may have been better to ignore it but I couldn’t resist lol. Sorry for the off topic moment.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Rika was AMAZING!

And finally landed the 3A. I feel truly privileged to follow her and her journey. She is wonderful.

Danny T

Medalist
I don't hang out here a lot, but I HAVE to go in and say I'm very proud of Rika today :luv17: I was low-key scared that SP 3A was going to haunt her for much longer, but she proved this doubter wrong!

The FS is another day, and I hope she can skate well and be happy. It'll be fantastic if she can go clean, I don't want to pressure her haha. She gave me wayyy too many heart attacks last season phew :p

macy

Record Breaker
holy cow i didn't realize the seniors skated short programs already...

she dethroned the queen!

:jaw:

lzxnl

Final Flight
Her tech score doesn't look shabby amongst the men too. Consider that if she got a level 4 spin, which is worth about another 1.5 points, her tech score would have been close to leading the men's field (I know, they fell/made mistakes, but that's part of the sport). I'll be interested to see how she goes with quads next season, assuming she skates Worlds cleanly. And why not? When her 3A is online, the GOE is ridiculous. Her IdF skate was probably a little shaky due to time zones (she confessed she wasn't feeling great). Guess where Worlds is held. Yup. No time zone problems. You know what happened the last time she skated at home? Yup. So imagine that skate, plus higher PCS, plus a clean 3A in the short. It's falling together for her now.

Logirl

On the Ice
Not yet

holy cow i didn't realize the seniors skated short programs already...

she dethroned the queen!

:jaw:

Rika hit the 3A in the short. Great job Rika and you showed me. Fingers cross that she has a wonderful Free. She and the queen are still close so the Free will determine it. But Great Job Rika.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Congratulations Rika! ❤️❤️❤️����Can‘t wait for the free!

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
The start of TV Asahi evening news program was Rika Kihira's entire performance uncut. She has officially become The Next Big Thing.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Press con after the short program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRR06uXUV4c

I am forever amused by Rika's facial expression. She always looks like she's lost or scared but in a cute way. Like pikachu...

The question towards Alina tho are so rude. They just want to stir some drama but she handled it well. Great job, Alina! :thumbsup:

It's scary how in the end of the press conference the reporters surround Rika like zombies surround a human in a horror movie... :laugh:
Rika said she does not mind the attention, she's aware of the media pressure and all of the fans she has now rooting for her and she is just focusing on doing her best. (I saw that somewhere but I can't find the source now).

I feel like a proud mama. Rika is doing so well, better than I expected but as good as I hoped for. :luv17: