Rika Kihira | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Hello! Is there anybody here who can translate the message Rika has just written on her last Instagram story? I’m afraid is nothing good 😭

Vemvane

On the Ice
Hello! Is there anybody here who can translate the message Rika has just written on her last Instagram story? I’m afraid is nothing good 😭
Instagram's auto translation says:

Fatigue and fracture in my right ankle

Things are getting a whole lot better!!
😭✨

MRI when left was terrible and right is today's picture! There are a few holes, but it's good to start moving little by little ✨✨✨

Until last month, I had a tooth ache, and sometimes it was pain, so I was about to hold on a little longer, so I'm glad I was able to bear it so that I don't move too much this month, especially so I can't bear it in my legs 😭😭 Ah, I'm so happy 😭😭😭✨✨✨

The last paragraph of the translation seems a little dodgy to me, but the general gist is that her fracture is improving.

Edit: @ansalda has a much better translation!

Anna K.

Final Flight
Country
Latvia
Hi there, this is a help call from Define Lambiel's Coaching Style thread !

We kind of started to discuss Rika's collaboration with Stephane and I realized that we don't have the basic facts, such as: when did their collaboration start? What exactly did they do together? Has there been any feedback from Rika and/or her former or current team regarding her work with Stephane?

I would really appreciate if you could find some time (and links to programs and interviews, maybe there are fan-translated interviews from Japan :slink: ) to contribute. Thank you!

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Rika's post after the Chubu Championships.

DeepL translation:

The Chubu Championships are over!
We qualified in 6th place, which was our goal for this year's event, and we've been selected for the All-Japan! 🥹✨
I'm relieved for once 😮💨💦.
Now I'll refrain from jumping for the next round and focus on healing my injury, training and practising with less stress on my right leg! 💪🔥.
I hope you can look forward and wait carefully for my full recovery 🤍.
It's been about a year and a half since I competed, but thank you so much for all your support 😭💕.
I'm going to heal my injury first, practice what I can do and train a lot so that I can meet you all at All-Japan with full of energy ‼️🔥.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I presume All-Japan is Nationals?

Vemvane

On the Ice
And another instagram post from Rika, talking about her struggles with injury last year and her personal growth.

DeepL translation:

My first encounter with skating was when I was three years old.
At that time, I was just practising with a single mind to get better.
From there, I joined skating lessons, practised in the morning before school, left early for general skating, practised at night and practised a lot from a young age.
My family and a lot of people have supported me, and that's how I got to where I am today.

Last year I had to miss a competition due to injury, but now I think it was an important period for me to learn and grow a lot.
At that time, I regretted training because it caused me more pain, and even when I rested, I was worried that I was doing this. I didn't know what was the right thing to do, and I spent every day with my mind in shambles.
But now, because of that time, I am able to hold strong in times of pain, and I feel how happy I am to be able to just live, to be able to pursue what I want to do, and to be able to keep working hard with the support of those around me.
Last year, there were many periods when I couldn't jump, but I have worked a lot on my skating, expressiveness and training, and I would like everyone to see the results of that.

The season is about to start in earnest.
I will continue to do my best so that I can repay the support and expectations of many people. I am very happy to be able to do this.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

lzxnl

Final Flight
I did the numbers. If Rika had skated her short cleanly, she would have won a medal at Skate Canada. Assuming that she gets her lutz and flip back for her second assignment in Finland, and presumably wins the event, she would even have qualified for GPF. That would have been amazing. Even so, her free was clean, and we'll have to wait and see her progress after a month.