Rika Kihira | Page 90 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Bad news. Apparently the administration made a mistake and entered the wrong entry list on the website, Rika won't participate in the Trophy Romand :(
It's possible she'll still skate there, if the competition goes ahead following the federal council decision about further COVID-19 response measures on Wednesday, but skate hors concours. There's been a rule change this season and international skaters are no longer allowed to participate in the main Swiss-cup competitions, but have to skate in a section of their own. Olga Mikutina from Austria and a few Icelandic skaters competed that way in earlier events.

The Trophée Romand has never been livestreamed, I'm afraid.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Rika has just tweeted in Japanese that she won't participate in the Trophy Romand, acknowledging that her name was included in the entry list by mistake. Rika had no intention to compete in the Trophy Romand in the first place and she was surprised to find her name on the list. I thought it would be a good practice run ahead of the Japanese championships after the French GP was cancelled.

https://twitter.com/rika_kihira/status/1320635205678489600

Last edited:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Quad Salchow :)

Oh, that looks nice and easy! Thank you for sharing the link! Hopefully she will have a chance to try it out in competition some time this season, otherwise I guess we all just wait till next year, and she has lots of time to become more comfortable with it.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Really like Rika’s SP music. It has some Yuzuru-level epic sound. Curious to see her SP, and of course, her 4Sal!

readernick

Medalist
I just saw a piece on Japanese television and it appears that Rika is going to backload one of her 3As this year. According to the graphic her planned content is:

4S
3A+3T
3F Eur 3S
3Lo
3A
3F+3T
3Lz

However, that must be a mistake because she can't repeat the 3A, 3F, and 3T. Perhaps, she is will change the first 3T to a 2T if it is difficult to rotate it fully after the 3A. Anyway, if she lands this 3A, will this be the first time a lady has landed a backloaded 3A? I think she can do it since the 3A was her fourth jumping element last year. It isn't that big of a change.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I just saw a piece on Japanese television and it appears that Rika is going to backload one of her 3As this year. According to the graphic her planned content is:

4S
3A+3T
3F Eur 3S
3Lo
3A
3F+3T
3Lz

However, that must be a mistake because she can't repeat the 3A, 3F, and 3T. Perhaps, she is will change the first 3T to a 2T if it is difficult to rotate it fully after the 3A. Anyway, if she lands this 3A, will this be the first time a lady has landed a backloaded 3A? I think she can do it since the 3A was her fourth jumping element last year. It isn't that big of a change.
Rika said in the interview that one 3T will be replaced with a 2T