Sasha's Move - From her Website | Golden Skate

Sasha's Move - From her Website

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
It's the Grammar Police!

IDLERACER said:
Thine prodigal maiden returneth

Idle - "thy" and "thine" were used like "a" and "an" are today. "Thine" (and "mine", come to think of it) were used when the following word began with a vowel. Examples: "drink to me only with thine eyes..." and "mine eyes have seen the glory..."
End of "ye olde" English lesson. ;)
Rave

Thou swell, thou witty, thou sweet, thou grand.
Wouldst kiss me pretty, wouldst hold my hand
Both thine eyes, etc. (I forgot the rest)

I still want a musical emoticon.

Joe

IDLERACER

Medalist
Joesitz said:
I don't know about emoticons, but if you have a computer that's equipped with Windows 98 or later software, this should appear as a giant musical font:

&

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
I don't know about emoticons, but if you have a computer that's equipped with Windows 98 or later software, this should appear as a giant musical font:

&

I've got Windows XP and all I see is a giant ampersand.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
“I hope Sasha is rejuvenated by going home with her family to the warm California climate and devotes herself to meeting the challenges ahead,” Wagner said.
Did Sasha hate the Northeastern winter weather? As a native California girl, that would make sense. Perhaps the cold may have even aggravated her back.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I'm sure the ice rinks in california are just as cold as the ice rinks in nj,ct or ny. We've had a relatively mild winter to date here in the northeast, and I'm sure
Sasha's apartment was always toasty warm.

IDLERACER

Medalist
RealtorGal said:
I've got Windows XP and all I see is a giant ampersand.
Hmm. :think: My Windows 98 comes with a set of fonts entitled "Mozart" that turns the ampersand into a giant treble clef. Does anybody besides me see that?

Peggy

On the Ice
bronxgirl said:
I'm sure the ice rinks in california are just as cold as the ice rinks in nj,ct or ny. We've had a relatively mild winter to date here in the northeast, and I'm sure
Sasha's apartment was always toasty warm.

Home is what makes you feel comfortable, weather it is cold or hot outside, and I think it is just what the doctor ordered for Sasha. It just shows that she needs more than figure skating in her life in order to enjoy her skating. As I read Sasha's journals, I see a girl who is warm and kind and cares about people so I think she is going to be a more complete skater emotionally now. I also believe this move is going to be a treat for all of us who love to watch her skate. Go Sasha!

kyla2

Final Flight
I predict that good things will come out of this for her. I would love to see her skate a performance she can be really proud of, and that would reflect her gifts and talent. He is her best chance to realize her full potential.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
During the GPF telecast this evening, they commented on Sasha's newest coaching change. My husband was incredulous, commenting, "She changes coaches like I change my socks!" :rofl:

Ravyn Rant said:
Idle - "thy" and "thine" were used like "a" and "an" are today. "Thine" (and "mine", come to think of it) were used when the following word began with a vowel. Examples: "drink to me only with thine eyes..." and "mine eyes have seen the glory..."
End of "ye olde" English lesson. ;)
Rave
I love this board!!

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
During the GPF telecast this evening, they commented on Sasha's newest coaching change. My husband was incredulous, commenting, "She changes coaches like I change my socks!" :rofl:

:laugh: :laugh:

S

SkateFan4Life

Joesitz said:
Thou swell, thou witty, thou sweet, thou grand.
Wouldst kiss me pretty, wouldst hold my hand
Both thine eyes, etc. (I forgot the rest)

Joe

:rofl: (with a treble clef)

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
The Sasha News

Sigh :sheesh:

All the information on Sasha's activities is beginning to sound like this to me...

"blah blah blah blah blah," and then some more, "blah blah BLAH BLAH blah blah", and even a little bit of the old, "blahblahblah blah BLAH blah blah."

I am ready for all the main competitors to be quiet now and train hard and put on a great competition in just three weeks or so. I am ready to see the competition without any more fluff pieces and paparatzzi/glitterati pseudo-journalistic reports.

I would love to see what happens if Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Jenny Kirk, Amber Corwin and Angela Nikodinov all skate perfect, as-planned programs with no mistakes what-so-ever! I don't really care about how they get to that point beyond hard work and training unless they are over-coming some adversity (like Irina) that makes their participation special in some way outside of the ordinary.

I am ready to hear nothing until the competition, but sadly, there is so much hype out there. But I guess it is good for the sport to have an interested fan base. I just wish the journalism was better.

Idle, is that the Mozart font package that lets you write and listen to the music that you create? You are lucky if you got that for free with your operating system. I asked a few people and nobody seemed to have it. Pretty cool.

Hey, Joe, check this out! music-smiley-026.gif

MM

Mathman said:
Idle, is that the Mozart font package that lets you write and listen to the music that you create? You are lucky if you got that for free with your operating system. I asked a few people and nobody seemed to have it. Pretty cool.Hey, Joe, check this out! music-smiley-026.gif
MM
Yes, yes, but how do I get them?

S

SkateFan4Life

Mathman said:
Idle, is that the Mozart font package that lets you write and listen to the music that you create? You are lucky if you got that for free with your operating system. I asked a few people and nobody seemed to have it. Pretty cool.

Hey, Joe, check this out! music-smiley-026.gif

MM

COOL! COOL!