Skate America 2014 Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate America 2014 Practice Reports

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's not even started yet and already I'm taking it way too seriously :biggrin:

I will note that people who win these predictions thing, tend to get burned by using TOO much information.

You're way better off choosing winners based on their outfits, haha.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I will note that people who win these predictions thing, tend to get burned by using TOO much information.

Watching practice can be so deceiving. I just finished listening to a talk show Akiko gave about her win at Japan Nationals last year. She said leading up to the competition she was doing so badly in practice that her coach asked her if she would rather just withdraw...but then they really put everything into it and she won.
Or some skaters do a perfect practice and lose it at the last moment.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia's practices at Euros were so bad and she thought she was going to skate so poorly that she would lose her shot at going to Sochi. Frustrated and on the verge of defeat she looked at her mom before her FS and said "today I go out to die". She had maybe the best skate of her life!

I'm still thinking Gracie Gold wins this thing.

I'd love to know how Denis Ten is skating in practice.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lynn Rutherford practice tweets:

Lynn Rutherford @LynnRutherford · 2h 2 hours ago
Mens practice: Machida FS strong - opens 4t, huge 3A/3T; fell final 2 jumps. Great closing sequence of spread eagles, kicks, steps. #SA2014

Lynn Rutherford @LynnRutherford · 2h 2 hours ago
More mens practice: @Tenis_Den incredibly expressive FS runthru w/o jumps. I saw a solid quad toe & several 3A's outside of program #SA2014

Lynn Rutherford @LynnRutherford · 29m 29 minutes ago
A bit more from men's practice: @namnamnoodle coach Ernest Pryhitka happy with "two beautiful" quad Salchows his skater hit. #SA2014

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yulia's practices at Euros were so bad and she thought she was going to skate so poorly that she would lose her shot at going to Sochi. Frustrated and on the verge of defeat she looked at her mom before her FS and said "today I go out to die". She had maybe the best skate of her life!
I don't know about early practices, but I saw her landing clean 3-3s and loads of triples in both her warm-ups and in the morning FS practice... she was making some mistakes here and there, but not "disastrous" at all (at least, for human standards :laugh: )

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Isn't that how Johnny and Tara determine their ID winners?
:slink:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

Well Im off to a good start with ladies, ice dance and pairs then :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason fell on his lutz, but had 2 good 3A's, according to Jennifer Comeaux. Huge Russian split!

s_parks

Record Breaker
According to lynn rutherford's tweet, apparently steuer is at skate america with zimmerman and denney/frazier? very interesting.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@maggiehendricks
Really enjoying Denis Ten's free skate. Very drum-y. Yes, that's a word.
8:38 AM - 23 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/maggiehendricks/status/525310372291809281

@ISU_Reporter
"In my programs, I want to show something from my heart. My goal is to keep progressing." @Tenis_Den at #SA2014 .
1:16 PM - 23 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/ISU_Reporter/status/525380215749750786 (off-ice photo attached)​

Jason fell on his lutz, but had 2 good 3A's, according to Jennifer Comeaux. Huge Russian split!

Comeaux's full comments re the Russian split:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Reports on FSU indicate that Artur is skating well. I hope so!

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
""Also, what a run through for Mirai! 3F3T & 2A-3T... 7 triples. Girl is killin' it. #SA2014"
why practice :cry:

"Gracie is off. Fall on the 3Lo, several other pops. Looks uncomfortable, for sure. #SA2014"

"Squeaky-clean run through for Radionova, including a lovely 3Lz-3T. #SA2014"

"I just love @SammiCesario's Carmen. She looked great in her run through. #SA2014"

https://twitter.com/FromTheBoards

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
There isn't an emoticon joyous enough to express how excited I am :biggrin: Thanks for the reports everyone, keep it up! :clap:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... "Gracie is off. Fall on the 3Lo, several other pops. Looks uncomfortable, for sure. #SA2014" ...

https://twitter.com/FromTheBoards

However ... @LynnRutherford's impressions of Gracie Gold were far more positive :):

@GraceEGold 3Lz/3t solid; also hit some 2A3T. Missed a few jumps in run-through of FS but no biggie. #SA2014
2:38 PM - 23 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/525400995921399810

... Her triple-triple was very strong.
2:46 PM - 23 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/525402969970593792

Are there three U.S. pairs there or only two?

Three U.S. pairs:
  1. Aaron/Settlage
  2. Scimeca/Knierim
  3. H. Denney/Frazier