Skate Canada 2024 Junior and Senior Sectionals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada 2024 Junior and Senior Sectionals

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought the short from Corey was very him. Fall on the axel, turn in between on the combo. They announced the score as 67.97 (guess they got something working now). Good to see him back 👍
At least they are announcing the results now. So, that is progress 👍

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Roman will be at Nationals if healthy. There is no doubt about it. There is no way they would not allow special circumstances to a former national champion, especially when last year's champion has retired and the other men are not even steady. I will say it here, all Roman needs to do is finish top two at Nationals and he will earn his spot to worlds.

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Top 3 men after the short:

1 - Corey Circelli
2 - Alec Guinzbourg
3 - Bruce Waddell

Bruce had a great step sequence, I think he missed the combo. They don't have the elements in the results yet.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Top 3 men after the short:

1 - Corey Circelli
2 - Alec Guinzbourg
3 - Bruce Waddell

Bruce had a great step sequence, I think he missed the combo. They don't have the elements in the results yet.
Of course there are no posted results yet. I want to see results of Senior Women.

I wonder who will get Romsky’s spot at Skate Canada 🤔

I think it will be (most probable)

1) Gogolev - Gets a second assignment. He has posted the best score out of all the Canadian Men this year

2) Some other international athlete

3) Aleksa Rakic - Has potential and would be a good opportunity

4) Mathew Newman did score 210+ last year. Is he even competing?

5) Corey, If he wins this event.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Of course there are no posted results yet. I want to see results of Senior Women.

I wonder who will get Romsky’s spot at Skate Canada 🤔

I think it will be (most probable)

1) Gogolev - Gets a second assignment. He has posted the best score out of all the Canadian Men this year

2) Some other international athlete

3) Aleksa Rakic - Has potential and would be a good opportunity

4) Mathew Newman did score 210+ last year. Is he even competing?

5) Corey, If he wins this event.
forget number 2.

I think it may be Gogolev but it could certainly be Aleksa.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
forget number 2.

I think it may be Gogolev but it could certainly be Aleksa.
Don’t underestimate Skate Canada giving the spot off to some American skater 🫣

I’m hoping for Aleksa. But, will be happy if it is Stephen (we need three Canadian men at this event)

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skate Canada has the spot as TBA on the Events page, so I doubt they're giving up the spot to another country.

I'd rather see the spot go to Aleksa or Matthew. It's an opportunity to give the experience to another man that needs it, especially when the podium tends to have surprise medalists. Gogolev is high enough on the alternates list that he could get another assignment without using this spot.

For Matthew, he's on the entry list for the Skate AB/NT/NU Sectional Championships.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, I woke up to watch Bradie skate. They posted the Senior Women results. Only one lady over 50 and I didn’t even click on her name, as I didn’t think she was a contender. Katherine is in 2nd place

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Women's Free started and right after the first skater, they announced the scores will be available tomorrow. They were able announce the Senior Rhythm Dance scores right before this event (all two teams that competed).

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So much Paint It Black in Canadian women this year. I like the red underside on Natalie Roccatani's skirt, kept it black with a pop of the other colour referenced in the song.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think Miriam won. I predict she scored 80/90+ in the free skate. Katherine Medland Spence made too many mistakes. Natalie was not bad. That is my prediction. What a disorganized run event…

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If this is how the scoring will work, I'll skip going to Challenge. Good job to Miriam, I agree that she should be the winner here.

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Junior Men get scores announced, I'll edit them in here as they go since they probably won't be posted.

1 - David Shteyngart - 69.72
2 - David Bondar - 62.92
3 - Jake Ellis - 60.36
4 - Herman Lau - 54.46
5 - John Kim - 46.61
6 - Gavin Mahoney - 42.69
7 - Christopher Manis - 41.99

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Junior Men get scores announced, I'll edit them in here as they go since they probably won't be posted.

David Shteyngart - 69.72
David Bondar - 62.92
Herman Lau - 54.46
John Kim - 46.61
Gavin Mahoney - 42.69
Christopher Manis - 41.99
Oh! Wow!! I gave up. If they announce scores, I might watch the Senior Men tonight.

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It wasn't too bad tracking with seven junior men, hopefully they announce the full scores for the senior men. They don't have the start orders up yet for them. I guess they'll announce those too.

saine

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Scores to be edited in here, hopefully it will make sense.

Senior Men Free Scores:

1 - Corey Circelli - 129.21 - total 197.18
2 - Alec Guinzbourg - 124.88 - total 189.97
3 - Bruce Waddell - 125.24 - total 189.06
4 - Jack Dushenski - 114.85 - total 177.59
5 - Mikhail Mogilen - 116.78 - total 175.45
6 - Rio Morita - 111.14 - total 174.33
7 - Damien Bueckert - 99.73 - total 154.11 (ahead of Jackson Ellis)
8 - Jackson Ellis - 87.21 ** no total announced
9 - Howard Leung - 68.74 - total 117.76 (behind Jackson Ellis for total)

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I didn’t expect to see a quad landed in this competition. Rio’s 4S was so good!! Too bad the 3A’s and some other triples are not quite there. Plus, lack of skating skills…..