South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging | Page 21 | Golden Skate

South Korean federation's complaint to the ISU about judging

gmyers

Record Breaker
Because South Korea has made it clear they want sotnikova stripped of her medal and given to Yuna I am sure Adelina is the Harding of South Korea and the snl parody shows that too and personal safety would be a major concern

sk8in

Match Penalty
Adelina will not be skating two years from now, let alone at Pyeongchang. It is highly unusual for figure skaters to have senior careers lasting more than 5 years even.

usethis2

Medalist
Because South Korea has made it clear they want sotnikova stripped of her medal and given to Yuna I am sure Adelina is the Harding of South Korea and the snl parody shows that too and personal safety would be a major concern

And Adelina will stop skating after her first jumping pass and ask the judges for a second chance. Wardrobe malfunction, oops. Yuna will be there sitting behind the judges, smiling down. :rofl:

P.S. Of course the above is a fan fiction. I am sure Adelina will do just fine.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was so proud of Virtue and Moir when the fix was in

Oh yes, the fix was in so tight it FORCED Virtue to stumble on her twizzles! :rolleye:

I do not believe the prospect of a Yuna comeback is any laughing matter. I strongly believe that the Korean feds will pressure her into skating in 2018 whether she wants to or not.

ILuvYuna

On the Ice
I do not believe the prospect of a Yuna comeback is any laughing matter. I strongly believe that the Korean feds will pressure her into skating in 2018 whether she wants to or not.

She would be 27, and I think she's mentioned in interviews that she would like to start a family before her 30's. I think it will be a lot harder to convince her of a 2018 comeback if it clashes with her personal goals.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh yes, the fix was in so tight it FORCED Virtue to stumble on her twizzles! :rolleye:

Look at the programs between D and W and V and M and you can see why the sophistication and the fact V and M really dance don't just do tricks and you can see why the pcs could be higher significantly than D and W. My point is that the results are in the real of possibility in all the events though all the second place teams good arguments could be to have them first. And in the end as we kill skating and skating is on a downhill roll who really cares sadly. The sport is being attacked left and right and doesn't have the skating personalities anyways to help its case - No one has the personality of say a Weir. Almost all the American girls can be switched - miss america, princesses. The Asian dominating ladies have had trouble getting their personalities, not great skates out there. and in Russia you never know who the champion will be.

skatingpunk

Rinkside
Not only should we maintain anonymity, I believe the judges should be invisible at rinkside. They should be sitting inside titanium boxes connected to wormholes that whisk a person away to an unknown corner of the globe. Scores should be entered not with numbers, but with source code that can only be unscrambled by cryptography keys found on Mars. Under no circumstance are results of events to be made intelligible to the viewing public within 100 years of the completion of the event. This way we can all die in peace.

usethis2

Medalist
Not only should we maintain anonymity, I believe the judges should be invisible at rinkside. They should be sitting inside titanium boxes connected to wormholes that whisk a person away to an unknown corner of the globe. Scores should be entered not with numbers, but with source code that can only be unscrambled by cryptography keys found on Mars. Under no circumstance are results of events to be made intelligible to the viewing public within 100 years of the completion of the event. This way we can all die in peace.

I think that's a little overkill yet not very secure at the same time. It's probably better to have a 3rd party person collect the scorecards and manually write down the total scores on a piece of paper. After the event hire another 3rd party and make the data person disappear.. :biggrin:

Or feed the paper to goats. ^^

winky97

Medalist
After Sochi, the ISU will never dare to eliminate anonymous judging. We will have to pry anonymous judging from Mr. Cinquanta's cold, dead hand.

Can you imagine the uproar and outrage that would erupt if we could ever prove all the stuff that now we can only suspect?

It certainly sounds like it from that article. That is disappointing.

winky97

Medalist
And Adelina will stop skating after her first jumping pass and ask the judges for a second chance. Wardrobe malfunction, oops. Yuna will be there sitting behind the judges, smiling down. :rofl:

P.S. Of course the above is a fan fiction. I am sure Adelina will do just fine.

I am going to re-write your fanfic a little. Instead of Yuna sitting behind the judging panel, have her ON the judging panel.

vegarin

On the Ice
You're right for most people figure skating only matters every 4 years now. That's one reason why I do not care about their opinion tbh.
Anyway, we'll see till then. If Korea doesn't have another good skater they will probably be too busy with speed skating to care about figure skating. :biggrin:

Oh, far from it. If Russia actually thinks that Koreans would forget about it, they would have an unpleasant wake up call in four years, that's for sure. Even if Yuna weren't an insanely popular national hero, a common reaction from Korean media seems to be that this would not have happened if she had been a Russian or an American skater (and let's face it, it's not exactly wrong; if Yuna Kim had been a reigning Russian OGM going for her second, no way Adelina would have beat her -- no way they would've let Adelina beat Yuna at that point). That's the kind of indignity that a country wouldn't easily forget, come next Olympics when it gets to be the host.

usethis2

Medalist
Oh, far from it. If Russia actually thinks that Koreans would forget about it, they would have an unpleasant wake up call in four years, that's for sure. Even if Yuna weren't an insanely popular national hero, a common reaction from Korean media seems to be that this would not have happened if she had been a Russian or an American skater (and let's face it, it's not exactly wrong; if Yuna Kim had been a reigning Russian OGM going for her second, no way Adelina would have beat her -- no way they would've let Adelina beat Yuna at that point). That's the kind of indignity that a country wouldn't easily forget, come next Olympics when it gets to be the host.
It's not Russia! At least not the most Russian skating fans, according to melissa_ire. Russian skating fans all know there was a fix with a mob lead by Lakernik & Co. You do not mistake corrupt officials for the entire nation's people. I hope Koreans will show the same grace that Yuna displayed to every nation's athletes come 2018. (Adelina will not be there to compete, IMO)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

So if you support this type of "fixed"or unfair competition ,albeit in Korea,why do you speak out against this one in Sochi. I mean you dont seem to be speaking out agsinst it and it leads me to believe you would be allright with it. It must be hilarious for you to be a part of the same problem you claim to stand against.

To be clear I'm 100% in favor of fair transparent judging and think a bigger win for Korea would be to host the best Olympics ever and lead by example....not pety vengeance and poor sportsmanship. Just my 2 cents.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Where's more reports of Russian fans all hating adelina's win? If all Russia Hates adelinas win more ammo for South Korea to take it away and give it to yuna

ILuvYuna

On the Ice
Hating?? Last I heard, many of them disagree with the win - very different from hating if you ask me (or the dictionary).

vegarin

On the Ice
It's not Russia! At least not the most Russian skating fans, according to melissa_ire. Russian skating fans all know there was a fix with a mob lead by Lakernik & Co. You do not mistake corrupt officials for the entire nation's people. I hope Koreans will show the same grace that Yuna displayed to every nation's athletes come 2018. (Adelina will not be there to compete, IMO)

Oh no, I didn't mean that Koreans would retaliate or what in the same fashion (and honestly, I don't even think Korean Federation has the same gumption even to pull similar maneuvers). I was just responding to a post that seems to suggest that people will have forgotten about Sochi's figure skating, uh, events, by 2018 in Korea. I highly doubt that.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I♥Yuna;894786 said:
Hating?? Last I heard, many of them disagree with the win - very different from hating if you ask me (or the dictionary).

That is a much better way to put it! Hard to argue with reason.

chalk5

Match Penalty
I think from how things are going, the gold medal will be handed to the rightful owner. It is just embarrassing for for the nation itself , and I think the Russian officials will make note of that. However, if they are trying to show their power and let the western countries know how capable they are, sadly enough, Adelina will still have the gold on her neck. The moral of the story is that, it is now so blown out of the picture, there are only politics playing. Simply who has more power and who will be played around. I truly believe that Adelina knows that she does not deserve the gold medal, and quite frankly, she does have respect for Yuna. For example, look when she was to shake her hands and her gesture showed Yuna is still dominant to her, in a good way. It is just terrible how things are happening to these innocent young women who just want to do their best and please their audience rather than the rankings themselves. In the figure skating community, we already know who is good and who is not good, and quite frankly, Olympics is just one event, but one that everyone in the world watches. And to comment on your post @vegarin, I do too believe that even though Yuna may or may not get her gold, this story will only fuel the Koreans until the next Olympics. Perhaps, it will be a good story to fuel their athletes and the citizens themselves for the next upcoming Olympics. Koreans are not the people who will just forget, but use this to better themselves.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I♥Yuna;894786 said:

Well whatever. If its the majority opinion in Russia that adleina shouldn't have won and she won because of corruption than that helps South Korea get Yuna the gold.