Team Eteri Tutberidze | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Team Eteri Tutberidze

NaVi

Medalist
I'd like to see Eteri's group work more on skating power. From various videos and photos from them training, I think there's a chance Eteri's group has their students do a lot of slow treadmill work to keep the fat off(you can create new fat cells but after they're created you can only shrink them... you can't actually burn them away)... and in the process they're promoting the production of slow twitch muscle fibers in the legs. I wondering switching to fan bikes and rowers for cardio might help things power wise. Or elliptical machines might make a better substitute to the treadmill...

fan bikes:
https://www.roguefitness.com/schwinn-airdyne-pro
https://www.assaultfitness.com/products/airbike-classic
https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-bike

rower:
https://www.amazon.com/Concept2-Model-Indoor-Rowing-Machine/dp/B00OUGNUO8

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Whoa.

I came to this thread and for a second there I thought I was on the "Home Shopping Network"

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
One of the interesting things about coach/team threads is definitely seeing the different training methods.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
One of the interesting things about coach/team threads is definitely seeing the different training methods.

OK, we finally getting a translation for that recent interview of Eteri.

Thanks to Tinami Amori at FSU.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
The second half of the interview is to come soon. I love how precise and accurate this translation is.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
@mods: Deleted? Should I just post a link to the interview translation? Or no links to FSU is allowed and I should just post a text of the interview?

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
“External Cross Posting” is prohibited by Goldenskate Forum Guidelines. Please refer to the guidelines, which state:

“Copying/pasting full posts from forums outside GS is not allowed. You may, however, provide a brief comment with a link to the post”.

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
“External Cross Posting” is prohibited by Goldenskate Forum Guidelines. Please refer to the guidelines, which state:

“Copying/pasting full posts from forums outside GS is not allowed. You may, however, provide a brief comment with a link to the post”.

OK, thanks for clarification. I guess I will rephrase dozen of the parts I dont find accurate enough and just post my modified version here in full. Though I can just leave also a link to original version I used. Will it work?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please use a link to FSU and credit the source, but do not copy/paste the entire interview :)

Here is a snippet to the Guidelines:

Copyright Infringement
Do not post photos, entire articles, translations etc. unless you have received permission from the author to do so. If you'd like to share an article from an external news source, forum, etc., just use a few "lead-in" sentences with a link to the original work and credit the source.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, thanks for clarification. I guess I will rephrase dozen of the parts I dont find accurate enough and just post my modified version here in full. Though I can just leave also a link to original version I used. Will it work?

If you have your own version that you have translated, you are welcome to post it here in full along with a link to the original translation (news source).

Last edited:

Orlov

Medalist

Especially funny knowing that this is a song from the Soviet film "Mary Poppins". The song is called "Lady whose name is Perfection". Well it's all true - and Mary Poppins' part and about perfection :)

"Кто от шпильки до булавки, кто от туфелек до шляпки,
Элегантность сама? От меня без ума,
И весьма почтенный джентльмен седой,
И мальчишка любой!"

"Who, from a small pin to shoes and hat, is Elegance itself?
Сrazy about me,
And a very respectable gray-haired gentleman,
And any boy!"

It's all true, ma'am :) :eek:: :luv17: