THE ICE 2015 - Mao's Ice Show! From Sapporo to Sendai (07/22 - 08/02) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

THE ICE 2015 - Mao's Ice Show! From Sapporo to Sendai (07/22 - 08/02)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
pyri_mids, you sat on arena seats?! I envy you!!! I soooo wanted to watch Benedictus in arena level seats. The closer the better. :hopelessness: I wasn't able to get arena seats in Sapporo. Glad to know Mao's Ritz jumps were all good in Osaka. And yes, Satoko's FS is beautiful. She only fell once in Sapporo... looked landed but slipped a sec later. Did Mao speak in English in the interview? I was glad they interviewed Adam and Ashley in Sapporo... because I can understand them and not wait till someone post a translation. hehe.

Since most skaters skate a different program in the 2nd show I was hoping Mao will skate to her SP but unfortunately I think I expected too much. *wishful thinking*

Yes, I was lucky enough to get arena seats! Since I asked my relatives from Japan to enter a lottery through Rakuten! All seats in the Osaka show were sold out on the first day tickets were available, so I've heard!

Mao didn't speak any English, but I could pick up some of what she said in Japanese with my AP Japanese "skills" haha! I'm glad they interviewed two English speakers for the show I went to also!

I would've loved Mao to skate to her new SP but I figured it was also good for her to show all sides to her skating! Beautiful and serene skating in Benedictus, fun and jazzy in her exhibition, and fierce in the collaboration with Jeffeey!

iceberg

On the Ice
Mao Carolina and Joannie "Benedictus" was just so heavenly beautiful!!!!

Kudos to these 3 ladies and of course Nichol..

also i love Misha performance such a beautiful boy! :D

minze

Medalist
So exciting. Thank you everyone for the recaps and comments

I saw the video and my higights are Mao of course :cheer2: Satoko one of the most beautiful skaters I have seen. The trio Mao Caro and Joannie was :points:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Mao & Carolina & Joannie - THE ICE 2015 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z7i45_mao-carolina-joannie-the-ice-2015_sport via @DailymotionUK

Hahhahaha finally Karl Jenkins! Been pushing his music for 3 seasons, finally Lori!! Well done! Joannie should consider return. She is good for it, and Canada need her help! Osmond keep getting injured. Good luck Mao this season.. Rule!!

What a fab program/present for some of Lori's fav leading ladies.

npavel

On the Ice
Okay, I just got back from THE ICE in Osaka ...

Sorry this recap was super long, I tried to be quick about everything! If anyone wants me to elaborate more on any skater I mentioned, I'll be glad to do it! Overall, going to THE ICE was such a fun experience! I loved how interactive it was and how much fun the audience was having. If I have the chance to, I'd love to watch more skating in Japan!
thank you so much. I enjoyed to read every word. If you can elaborate about Carolina I would be so happy. She injured herself in China and tried really hard to get better until The Ice.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed the behind the scenes prep with Lori in Canada. I suppose Mao can go to Starbucks w/o being mobbed there, lol.

What a beautiful program, gorgeous costumes and choreography. Would love to see these three collaborate more in the future.

minze

Medalist
Does anyone know why the Shibutanis are not there this year ,because their videos will be missed .

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why the Shibutanis are not there this year ,because their videos will be missed .

Suggest that you ask either Mao and her management team for The Ice and/or the Shibutanis and their agent.

If none of the above has mentioned a reason, speculation from anyone else is meaningless.

minze

Medalist
Suggest that you ask either Mao and her management team for The Ice and/or the Shibutanis and their agent.

If none of the above has mentioned a reason, speculation from anyone else is meaningless.

Ok. Since I won't be able to contact any of the above mentioned I was hoping a fan had some info. Thank you. They are missed by me at least.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
thank you so much. I enjoyed to read every word. If you can elaborate about Carolina I would be so happy. She injured herself in China and tried really hard to get better until The Ice.

Of course! Carolina was such a joy to watch! She was so graceful and beautiful in Benedictus but so powerful and energetic in her exhibition! (I read somewhere else that it was a Led Zepplin music or something?) all of her jumps were very impressive, and in the finale she was smiling and waving a lot! If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known that she was injured! I enjoyed her exhibition, but Benedictus was my favorite performance of hers. She was so elegant! In fact, they all were :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ok. Since I won't be able to contact any of the above mentioned I was hoping a fan had some info. Thank you. They are missed by me at least.

I love the Shibutanis.
I'm just saying that I don't think it is a negative reflection on them or on Mao that the Shibs are not in this year's cast of The Ice.

I am happy for the Shibs that they have been having many other diverse and enviable experiences this summer.
And I am happy for their fans that the Shibs have sharing been sharing lots of stuff from those experiences. :) [VidCon being one example, the Denis Ten show in Kazahkstan being another, etc., etc.]

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
I love the Shibutanis.
I'm just saying that I don't think it is a negative reflection on them or on Mao that the Shibs are not in this year's cast of The Ice.

I am happy for the Shibs that they have been having many other diverse and enviable experiences this summer.
And I am happy for their fans that they have sharing been sharing lots of stuff from those experiences. :) [VidCon being one example, the Denis Ten show in Kazahkstan being another, etc., etc.]

I agree. I don't think is anything negative. Just was looking forward to their fun videos with other cast members.

Barb

Record Breaker
I agree. I don't think is anything negative. Just was looking forward to their fun videos with other cast members.

I think they were offered to go to Kazahastan and The Ice and they decided to go with Denis because it is a new experience and this off season they are working a lot.