Tyler Pierce | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tyler Pierce

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I feel much the same, but I also hope someone politely points out to her how unprofessional saying things like "My skating was adversely affected by the coaching change" can be and that you don't say that unless you actually do want to deliberately say something to make them look bad.

She may be young but she is not too young to start learning this stuff. And frankly given her potential, she needs to get a crash course on how to deal with the media. She needs to frankly be shown how stuff like this can come across like she is saying Kori's coaching was bad. And she needs to start understanding what saying stuff like that really means long term .... maybe I am giving her probation rather than a pass.

I also want to add that Kori is not infallible. And in theory if Tyler wants to criticize, well free speech and all - so long as she understands that stuff like that can have consequences. I just would rather her do it directly and bluntly than by throwing shade. I would rather something specific that did not work for her, than the vague lines that you can't tell if they are trying to being kind, or are being kind. Few things in life should be done halfway, including when you want to criticize.

I give Tyler a pass. I do not think that she was trying to make Kori look bad, or to say that Kori's coaching was/is bad.
Tyler was asked why she went back to Gambill. Tyler's answer was quite benign, IMO.

With Kori, Tyler placed 19th at Junior Worlds -- whereas she had placed 15th the previous year. [ETA, correction: Tyler placed 14th the previous year.]
An example of an objective measure by which Tyler's skating could be said to have been "adversely affected."

Agree that like any other human being, Kori is not infallible.
Thoroughly disagree that it would have been preferable for Tyler to go into detail as to what did not work for her with Kori.

Sounds as if Tyler has moved on from Kori both figuratively as well as literally.
I trust that Kori has moved on from Tyler as well.
All good, IMO.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting conversation--it's good to get some other perspectives. In any case, since it's a fan fest, I don't want to say much more, only that whatever Tyler's motivations or not, we also don't know how much was edited in or out of the article. It's possible she could have given a whole paragraph of nuance and it was just edited out for space. Hopefully she'll find more consistent success where she is now!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oops. Well, now I feel like a dolt...:hopelessness:

Pls don't feel like a dolt :console: ... you have done fans of Sean Rabbitt :luv17: a favor :yes: by bringing it to our attention that he is the choreographer :cool: of Tyler's show program.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So Tyler got one GP spot for TEF... good for her.

I wonder if she will get the USA TBD. She is the only USA lady with only one GP spot. I think a good showing in summer comps could snag her the other spot.

Nathan13

Medalist
Has anyone heard how Tyler is doing? I know she was injured but is she back on the ice and preparing for Nationals?

jacky

On the Ice
I know I was wondering the same thing she is such a talented skater I haven't herd anything lately.:drama:

champs

Final Flight
Going through her recent instagram posts I get the impression that she hasn't been skating/training, but I have no idea if she's just taking a hiatus from skating.