Vincent Zhou | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Because pretty much every top US skater does Sun Valley. Every US skater who has medaled at Worlds for the last 15+ years regardless of discipline has performed there, as well as every US champion in singles. With a World bronze I expect that Vincent will get his turn, although he may co-headline with another skater like Alysa.

Thanks for the info, sheetz. Did Bradie perform there last year? Looking forward to finding out if Vincent gets his due.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Thank you for replying, sheetz.

Last 2 installments of Vincent Q&A video clips from Japanese Fan Club:

Interview clip 2/3: Goal for next season - to continue working on good jump technique; have very good, artistic programs; may try new style, not sure; reason why he did the Rippon 4Lz

Interview clip 3/3: Demonstrated his FS poses; apologized for not having time to answer all the questions (4 sheets), will answer them after he's done with SOI tour. Mentioned that he will be visiting colleges in between SOI shows.

Extremely clear & close up video clips from Long Island SOI. First one with group number showing Vincent with his colorful outfit/backwards cap. Props to Vincent for going all out with his grooving & dancing! So much fun! :laugh: Second clip is "Made in China".

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i LIKE that camel spin:luv17::love::luv17: Thank lovely Chinese fans;) for recording and sharing with us.
jump layout for made in china maybe 4T, eagle-3A, cantilever+4S :laugh2::yahoo:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched Vincent's made in China fancam. it is cantilever+3F (actually it is 3lz, I guess I am missing Vincent 4F too much:biggrin:), Vincent's dance is better than I expected :luv17::love: Those stand-still upper body dance (matched to scratch beat) is really good, although I would like to see more dance while skating, however it is nearly impossible for Rap music. Also, some of the moves reminds me of wacking:biggrin: The couple of footwork after 3F reminds me of Kurt Browning's signature footwork. Overall, I think Vincent's Made in China is a great effort.
Hopefully, we will have one broadcast version later in the tour, so that I can appreciate the details.:eek::

yyyskate

Record Breaker
was recommended to watch some K-pop (boy's group) MV, thought Vincent's dance moves in MadeinChina exhibited some similarity :biggrin: (did Vincent secretly learn from K-pop dance:biggrin:)This is a huge compliment to Vincent, cos it is unimaginable to pull-off K-pop dance on ice and Vincent "cannot dance to save his life":biggrin:
Some K-pop lower body moves maybe able to transfer onto ice, J-butt recently showed a short clip of his hip-hop like moves on ice (I also saw the connection to K-pop), not stand-still, but footwork while skating, Maybe Vincent could ask J_butt to improve his choreo during the tour.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
JButt will be choreographing the Canada version of the SOI tour this week as it kicks off Friday in Halifax, NS.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
about the new ex music choice "Made in China", just wanna say the debate about which among Chinese Vincent fans are heated right now:biggrin: No more comments.:biggrin:
Cannot imagine RAP on ice though. remembered we discussed the possibility of pulling off certain hip-hop genre (e.g. jookin) on ice, which perhaps is still possible.
but RAP:eeking::biggrin:. Surprise me Vincent (and choreographer Cathy Reed (go mittens:biggrin:))
upon first hearing of this song, I feel it is kinda classic Rap (with some Chinese elements sprinkled in).

ETA, BTW, it is rapping in a Chinese ascent from Sicuan area, Chongqing(next season COC hosting city) is located there, thus some Chinese fans suspected that Vincent is going to choose COC next season.:biggrin:

Vincent you indeed "surprised me":love::luv17::yahoo: So excited, could not sleep:biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
"I don’t think my skating is anywhere as good as it can be. I know I have great room for improvement. More than I think":yes::yes::yes:

every time:agree::love::luv17:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Thank lovely Chinese fans;) for recording and sharing with us.

Actually, I posted clips from 5 different fans, and I'm sure not all of them are Chinese. The fan who posted the best close up videos, with caption "Vincent Zhou clips", uploaded the longer version (2:20) of her "Made in China" clip on Twitter. Her Twitter account does have Vincent's Chinese name & bilibili video link, so she is Chinese, but I doubt the others are.

Your enthusiasm is infectious, yyyskate, but please hold off on the criticisms and instant dissection of the dance moves. Are you a professional choreographer? This was only from the second day of the tour! :biggrin: Please give Vincent time to grow into the number. From initial viewing, Cathy Reed did a great job incorporating the dance moves into the number, especially for a non-dancer like Vincent. I feel you need to give both her and Vincent respect and wait for at least half the tour before pouring on your critique. See how far he had come with "Take On Me" later on?

Okay, I am going to get a cup of tea and watch the CBC Men's Free Broadcast now, thanks to the very generous & considerate sheetz! Thanks again!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Okay, just finished watching Vincent's FS (will watch the rest when I have more time) to listen to the commentaries. Kurt was very complimentary, and said the "Rippon" 4Lz was the best element he's seen. But don't know why he mentioned Brian Boitano (with one arm) and neglected to mention Adam. Also, he made the same error again as with Worlds in identifying Lori as the choreographer for CTHD. ISU better get the choreographers right next season because it was a real embarrassment to hear all these commentators attribute "Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3" to Jeffrey and CTHD/Rising Sun to Lori. Guess Uncle Kurt thought Lori choreographed both programs, when he was at the rink during Vincent's visit. He also made a cute joke about having 2 things in common with Vincent.

Thanks again, sheetz!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Found a few more clips from the Long, Island, NY show:

Group number - "Trusty & True" by Damien Rice. This is the one where Vincent wears the light gray suit with pink tie. He got to showcase his lovely spread eagle. Very nice, indeed!

Longer, full version of group number - "Pump Up the 90s" by various artists. I was right, this is the one with colorful, teenage outfit/backwards cap. Vincent's part is here.

Long version of finale, "With a Little Help from My Friends" by Joe Cocker.
A close up, partial clip of the closing number (longer than the previous one) showing a different segment, with Vincent doing the cantilever and camel spin.
Also, a belated repost from Jeremy's IGS, where Vincent was sleeping like a log on the plane :bed:, while everybody is chatting away. Hope he gets plenty of rest till the Albany show on Thursday.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
"I feel you need to give both her and Vincent respect and wait for at least half the tour before pouring on your critique."
My posts have NO critique at all, it is just my first impression of this number. Actually I was about to write "hope to see more polished version in the future when Vincent has more milage on this number" but I didn't write that, that is why I was hoping a broadcast version "later in the season" Also, I think Vincent's first outing of MadeInChina is far beyond my expectation:eek:: and I expressed that in multiple platforms.
I am NOT a choreographer, Nor an expert in anything (also not pretend to be one, always grateful to the lovely @google), just a figure skating fan. All my posts are just my response to Vincent's performance e.g. what kinda imagination, association, sensation Vincent's performance evoked from me (an individual figure skating fan). I just jog it down with more details instead of a generic comments like "Vincent's performance is soooo great etc."
I never expected anyone to agree with my comments nor expected Vincent to read or take my suggestions. If Vincent indeed took some suggestions from me, that is something extra sweet like strawberry on the top of cake. But all these feedbacks/comments are coming from my heart and I am entitled to my own independent opinions.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
In my opinion, A healthy figure skating fandom should be able to allow ALL fans to express their opinions freely as long as these comment is not maliciously intended or trolls, Especially discussion/appreciation about Skater's performances/programs or any aspects related to figure skating is what figure skaters (including Vincent) most wanted to see (comparing to just drooling over skater's good look, although it is also an inseparable part of Vincent's fandom:biggrin:)
Figure skating fans including Vincent's fans are coming from different walks of lives, therefore, in terms of their presence on social media including this board, they will have different individual styles. An more inclusive environment in my opinion is helpful in cultivating a growing fanbase for Vincent.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@Zenchio63 I am really grateful to your effort and input to Vincent's fanbase (e.g. dedicated info gathering and organization work here on this board). I have expressed my appreciation as another Vincent fan on multiple platforms.
But recently, it seems you are trying to police around Vincent's fans. e.g. attempt to control my comments based on your own assumptions of what comments maybe good for Vincent or what maybe the comments that Vincent would like to see/read.
Since I am extremely thankful to your contribution to Vincent's fanbase. I didn't respond in previous situations (don't know how to respond properly). But now I do think this behavior crossed the line a bit. Thus here, I expressed my opinion. I would like a more diverse and inclusive discussion environment in terms of Vincent's fandom, I think such environment can sparkle more interesting discussion about Vincent's figure skating and perhaps help with Vincent's popularity and I also think that, every fan is equal, No matter how much or how little contribution one has made to Vincent's fandom. The love of Vincent is the same.

All these is just my personal opinions, trying to communicate there, really no hard feelings.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
@Zenchio63 I am really grateful to your effort and input to Vincent's fanbase (e.g. dedicated info gathering and organization work here on this board). I have expressed my appreciation as another Vincent fan on multiple platforms.
But recently, it seems you are trying to police around Vincent's fans. e.g. attempt to control my comments based on your own assumptions of what comments maybe good for Vincent or what maybe the comments that Vincent would like to see/read.
Since I am extremely thankful to your contribution to Vincent's fanbase. I didn't respond in previous situations (don't know how to respond properly). But now I do think this behavior crossed the line a bit. Thus here, I expressed my opinion. I would like a more diverse and inclusive discussion environment in terms of Vincent's fandom, I think such environment can sparkle more interesting discussion about Vincent's figure skating and perhaps help with Vincent's popularity and I also think that, every fan is equal, No matter how much or how little contribution one has made to Vincent's fandom. The love of Vincent is the same.

All these is just my personal opinions, trying to communicate there, really no hard feelings.

Hi, yyyskate, thank you for taking your time to reply in detail. I appreciate your candid & sincere feedback and apologize for giving you the impression that I was trying to "police" you or any other Vincent fans. I do not own this board nor the internet and would never impose my wants on anyone else. You are free to write and express anything you want, but if your writings are "out of line" or show a lack of respect, from my point of view, I have a right as a fan to point them out. It was an honest feedback/response to your writing. Please allow me more time to explain in detail at a later time. For now, please continue sharing your thoughts, feedback, suggestions, etc. But know that as with all forums, fans with different points of view may speak up. It doesn't mean the ones who disagree are trying to control or silence you, just giving you a different perspective. I visit other GS FFs and other forums and fans disagree with each other all the time. It doesn't mean they are attacking each other (sometimes it does happen), just expressing different opinions and viewpoints. Thank you.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Latest IG post from Vincent, standing in front of Brown's Van Wickle Gate in crutches:

Took a fall backstage during the Long Island show and injured my knee so I won't be able to perform with Stars On Ice this weekend and possibly next. We'll see. I'm really sorry for those of you who were hoping to see me 😔. I'm doing my best to heal up and return for the last few weekends of Stars! Meanwhile, during my off time, I'm remaining productive with very important things 😉.

Wishing Vincent speedy recovery & ample time to rest up and do his college visits in the off ice time. Good luck & get well soon!