World Team Trophy - Day 3 | Page 44 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy - Day 3

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
The problem is if the judges don't care about it, she doesn't care to correct her edge either.

Zhenya? Not true actually, she's mostly corrected her Lz to ! That's as good as it gets though, she'll never get a true Lz but that's ok, ! is fine. They do ding her for it. It's just that WTT is interesting overall.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mikhail is also a shortie :laugh: As someone who is vertically challenged this pleases me.

Oh look they get wreaths! Nice.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Congrats to Evgenia for her light skating and superb technique.. so impressed!!!
She is flawless. She has an an obscene amount of attention to detail and not even the slightest bobble.
IMO Evgenia was so far beyond anyone else in the competition when it came to polish, presentation, emotion, finesse, elegance, grace and artistry.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Katya gets my personal gold medal for most amazing and fun team captain :love:

She was totally awesome! I can't decided which crazy bit of hijinks was my favourite...maybe when they three guys were holding her up in a split!

Oh and the tug of war. :biggrin:

Tulipstar

Medalist
Congrats to Evgenia for her light skating and superb technique.. so impressed!!!
She is flawless. She has an an obscene amount of attention to detail and not even the slightest bobble.
IMO Evgenia was so far beyond anyone else in the competition when it came to polish, presentation, emotion, finesse, elegance, grace and artistry.

I really enjoyed it as well.

There was a different kind of emotion there from usual; was great to see.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
True, but then look how Med only does combos with the toeloop, both Mai and Wakaba use the loop in their three jump combo. When you have all scores on papers, Mai and Wakaba have a higher BV. And with their execution today, I can't understand how they are so far behind Med in TES! It's frickin 6-7 points on TES only. It makes 0 sense
Sure, I understand that. But I wanted to point it out anyway. For two seasons the view of most people was that Evgenia is unbeatable on BV in the FS. It's not the case anymore. And judges will recognize that as well in the course of time. Evgenia has to do something in preparation for next season. Change that 2A-2T-2T for a start. It's just not up to her level. If Wakaba adds that 3A Evgenia could fall from grace a bit. She has to react if she wants to be the top contender for gold next season, no matter the scores she gets now.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I saw Higuchi, Mihara and Medvedeva live at Worlds.
And I have to say, totally different leagues. Mihara skates through music, jumps absolutely not in synth to the music, very junior. Higuchi is better, but also lacks the power and presence of Evgenia. Medvedeva is rare, she engages you into the performance, tech, music, movements - everything is all together, not separately.
Even my friend, who is Finn and doesn't follow skating as much now(though she is a world champion in synchro), told me that Medvedeva is by far the best in her eyes at that championship

breadstal

Record Breaker
Zhenya? Not true actually, she's mostly corrected her Lz to ! That's as good as it gets though, she'll never get a true Lz but that's ok, ! is fine. They do ding her for it. It's just that WTT is interesting overall.

She didn't get anything on Worlds either though.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I actually enjoy Wakaba's performances more too, the thing is Ashley is getting high scores in PCS for a while. Wakaba for me always performed this program well but suddenly she got boost like that. Mai didn't care for presentation/ interpretation at all, she was super careful to be clean. I enjoyed both of them but this is just funny.

So you're argument for why they should be getting lower PCS is that they always get lower PCS? The PCS should be based on reputation and not on what they actually do?

IMO, all this talk about "PCS changes during the season" to justify or criticize the PCS a skater got at a certain competition make no sense. The PCS should reflect what a skater did that day, compared to the other competitors, nothing else. If someone was underscored and suddenly gets the right score, even if it comes with a 9+ points boost, I wouldn't criticize that, I'd say "that was about time". Like I'm doing now.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: Yuzu makes such funny faces sometimes...but then I'd probably laugh at the sight of my teammates in laurel crown with a bouquet of flowers in their hands.

Also cameraman is in love with Yuzu.

frida80

Record Breaker
I just realized that yuzu almost has the full gold set except for 4ccs lmao

Sent from my LG-K420 using Tapatalk

It would not surprise me if he tried to badger Brian into letting him compete there even though it's 3 weeks before the Olympics.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

It probably means we have different interpretation of being "dinged". Dinged was Mao, when she got credit in the past for a 2A with minus GOE for perfectly executed 3As. Full credit and positive GOE does not mean dinged. And she stooped being called at Worlds (and the GOE sky rocketed)