Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
To be fair, the theme of WTT for all disciplines is "over scoring". :laugh:

One just has to look at Hanyu's short with nearly 46 PCS. :laugh:

Yup, very true. Both.

If the latter was an attempt at something, sorry, it's a no-sell :cool14:

Tulipstar

Medalist
Loved this event, the skaters, their programs, but also their cheering routines.

Also liked following all your comments.

Thanks, ladies and gents:thank:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
imagine if yuzuru and evgenia were in the same category - now that would be an interesting rivalry!

Hey, I'd totally watch that. :)

It'd be kind of interesting to see a male skater attempting a female skater's program...I'd say vice-versa but the quads...

Can Yuzu tano/rippon? :p

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I don't mind "over scoring" if the results do not count as PB/SB.

It is unfair to skater that don't have chance to take place at this event.

True. But whaddaya gonna do? I'll be in figure skating hibernation mode until September.

Yup, very true. Both.

If the latter was an attempt at something, sorry, it's a no-sell :cool14:

No attempt at anything. Just stating a fact and sharing a reference point to remind people not to take this competition so seriously.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Okay, time to go be productive. The gala is going to begin way too early tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm up to wake up at 6am for a gala of all things. Do we have a schedule for the order of performances yet?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Well, I was sure that Japan couldn't possibly win...but they did! Well done guys, you took it seriously and kicked butt! :points: The ladies were the heroes of this competition.
Such wonderful performances from Gabby, Mai, Wakaba and Evgenia. Amazing. :ghug:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
160....okay, okay...so Wakaba was 15 points below....how is anyone ever going to beat that? Even Zagitova won't. For the men, if you have the tech it's possible to beat the World Champion for Ladies, they can all stay at home.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
CONGRATS Team Japan, well done!!!!!:clap: Fun competition! I enjoyed it very much!

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Congrats Team Japan!!! Great job Wakaba and Mai!!!

I literally pfffffed when I saw the scores, ISU has reached a new level of nonsense and ridicule with those numbers. Just LOL everyone!!!!

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
This event was not held in Russia, so obviously no home inflation for Medvedeva's Record LP Score.

This should be her best LP performance so far. Such an awesome competitor! The girls' competitions will be even more intense next season. Simply great!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wakaba's problem seems to be consistency.....Mai and Satoko are ahead in that case. Marin has the it-factor, but isn't consistent either. Argh...why only 2...this hurts.

LadyB

Record Breaker
What a competition to end the season!!! Well done to every skater and all the teams! The girls provided a rousing finale! Can't believe it's over for 4 months...hope the sun comes out.
Congrats to Team Japan, it was close but they nailed it.

thoakun

Final Flight
I'm impressed that every one took it seriously at this cheesefest when your minds probably crave for onsen, beach, mountains. And the latter group got to skate later for a reason :clapper:. As for the scores, there's no way to explain them without feeling like your brain is cut in half :biggrin:.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
160....okay, okay...so Wakaba was 15 points below....how is anyone ever going to beat that? Even Zagitova won't. For the men, if you have the tech it's possible to beat the World Champion for Ladies, they can all stay at home.
No. If other skaters have comparable of even higher BV than Evgenia consistently next season the PCS of those skaters will go up. I just hope that Zagitova's PCS won't be as ridiculous as it was at Nationals. Wakaba with a 3A is a threat imo. And she doesn't have to be all that consistent, she only has to go clean at the Olympics.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Congrats Team Japan!!! Great job Wakaba and Mai!!!

I literally pfffffed when I saw the scores, ISU has reached a new level of nonsense and ridicule with those numbers. Just LOL everyone!!!!

I bet you clean Anna would've gotten 143...max.

NordEsque

On the Ice
Wakaba gets more GOE but Mihara is more consistent... Mihara also gets slightly better PCS though I think if Wakaba gets a better program and a bit more consistent that will even out. If Nationals are 1. Satoko 2. Wakaba 3. Mihara will they send Wakaba (if Wakaba and Mihara have similiar results on GP)? Mihara had better results this season... (though should she have gotten edge calls at Worlds, b.esp guy thought so if I remember correctly?)