Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 595 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

yhmafan

Medalist
That's why we have many kings and queens and princes of fs, why don't we have princesses though?

Edit: maybe yuzuki can be one!

Lol yuzuki? hehe, in Japan many call Mao 真央姫 “Mao-hime” (princess Mao) so we have a princess already :p
Some fans even say that she is a 天女, a kind of angel, and others say sha is like a 観音様, the goddess of Buddha, by her appearance) though not sure if 観音様 is a male or female.

not to mention many fans call Yuzuru 氷上の貴公子 (ice prince).
in addition people call Plushenko 皇帝 “Kou-tei” means the emperor (king) as you know :biggrin:

by the way this is funny isn't it? (they look alike)

Morena

On the Ice
For me, Miki was a better skater, than Yuna. Because Miki was the first woman who succesfully land 4S (yeah, may be it was a destiny that now she`s engaged to Javi - 4S is their fav;)) and Miki had 3 lutz-3 loop.
She lost it later, she had injuries.
Was it payback for 4S dunno.
Yuna had slightly better SS and better programs. Their spins were same quality.
Miki is 2 time world champion like Yuna, but no Oly medal for Miki.
Overall, I think that Yuna, Miki, Mao, Caro - they all are queens.

As for Yuzu still being prince - I would say, for now, we have 2 superstars of men skating - Yuzu and Patrick.
As much as I admire Patrick, I think he is past his peak.
Clean and healthy Yuzu could be challenged by clean Denis and may be, someone of a younger generation.

Meoima

Match Penalty
For me, Miki was a better skater, than Yuna. Because Miki was the first woman who succesfully land 4S (yeah, may be it was a destiny that now she`s engaged to Javi - 4S is their fav;)) and Miki had 3 lutz-3 loop.
She lost it later, she had injuries.
Was it payback for 4S dunno.
I'd say Miki is a better
Miki's 4S were mostly UR though. She dared go for it. I'd give her that. And Yuna was also reported to land 3A in practice. I'd say Miki is a better jumper when she landed her jumps well. But other aspect I don't think she is much better than Yuna.

Yuna had slightly better SS and better programs. Their spins were same quality.
I strongly disagree with this. Yuna doesn't just has slightly better SS, she has stellar SS with huge speed, only Carolina is better. Obviously she worked hard for it. But overall I think SS came more natural to her than to many ladies.

Overall, I think that Yuna, Miki, Mao, Caro - they all are queens.
They are all WC. But if you ask me who is the best competitor I'd say Yuna. And I'd say Yuna at her best should score better than Miki at her best (UR 4S does not count). Note that I am not even Yuna's fan.

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
For me, Miki was a better skater, than Yuna. Because Miki was the first woman who succesfully land 4S (yeah, may be it was a destiny that now she`s engaged to Javi - 4S is their fav;))

Sorry if it's off topic but, they're engaged? I thought they were just dating :shrug:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wouldn't talk about Yuzuru never reaching Patrick SS. He have the same speed as Patrick already. If he will keep improving every season as much as he did already, then who knows by 2018.

In terms of title. I guess, had he landed 4T title would have gone to him. He would have about 5-6 points higher TES just on that, and PCS would go higher too for sure

Sorrento

Record Breaker
As much as I admire Patrick, I think he is past his peak.
Clean and healthy Yuzu could be challenged by clean Denis and may be, someone of a younger generation.
The thing is: we haven't seen Patrick during this season. Nobody really knows what he's capable of right now. He had no severe injuries so when he starts next season- he would be in a much more preferable position than Yuzuru. As for me- I think that Yuzuru's skating skills now could be totally compared to what Patrick showed during the previous season. I think they could be equal. But again- we compare something that could only be compared at it's current state. Let's wait and see what they both come with the season that comes. I think that jump-wise Yuzuru is the best in the field. Especially when he is in his idle form. But then again- this season has been severe to his mind and body. He really needs to have enough time and space to rest, recover and proper training. If everything goes well for Yuzuru prior to the next season- the battle of these two would be spectacular. That is what I wish to see.
One more thing: people are waiting for Patrick's comeback. They are ready to place him higher. Even higher than Yuzuru. If Yuzuru doesn't make that huge step he was planning for this season- he might see himself in the chasing position most of the times. And thus he may run out of his energy and get worn out too soon. And as much as I want him to win- the most important thing (that comes first after his health) is- he has to enjoy skating, enjoy competition, feel the joy inside. If everything would become an honorary burden- he might loose his fire. I want it to burn.

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I wouldn't talk about Yuzuru never reaching Patrick SS. He have the same speed as Patrick already. If he will keep improving every season as much as he did already, then who knows by 2018.
I too believe that Yuzuru's SS are very much the same right now. But we have to see them at the same competition to know for sure.

Morena

On the Ice
The thing is: we haven't seen Patrick during this season. Nobody really knows what he's capable of right now. He had no severe injuries so when he starts next season- he would be in a much more preferable position than Yuzuru. As for me- I think that Yuzuru's skating skills now could be totally compared to what Patrick showed during the previous season. I think they could be equal. But again- we compare something that could only be compared at it's current state. Let's wait and see what they both come with the season that comes. I think that jump-wise Yuzuru is the best in the field. Especially when he is in his idle form. But then again- this season has been severe to his mind and body. He really needs to have enough time and space to rest, recover and proper training. If everything goes well for Yuzuru prior to the next season- the battle of these two would be spectacular. That is what I wish to see.
One more thing: people are waiting for Patrick's comeback. They are ready to place him higher. Even higher than Yuzuru.
I feel like Patrick had more power skating Aranjues.
I didn`t see him that strong since.
At preolympic TEB we`ve seen a glimpse of that power. But only a glimpse.
Yes, people want him to be back.
But honestly I think he has 2 years for. I doubt he would lead this quadrennium. He is not that young and remember his weak 3A.
We`ll see very soon.
Miki's 4S were mostly UR though. She dared go for it. I'd give her that. And Yuna was also reported to land 3A in practice. I'd say Miki is a better jumper when she landed her jumps well. But other aspect I don't think she is much better than Yuna.

At least 4S of Miki was rated by ISU. Miki is known for it, Mao for 3A.
And Yuna`s jumps layout is the same as russian wonderbabies of past Sochi games. Nothing outstanding.
But I feel I should stop now. I don`t want to be hatred. :slink:
Sorry if it's off topic but, they're engaged? I thought they were just dating :shrug:
Today is an special day for us, because we want to share our feelings with everyone. The main points of this relationship is, love and build a happy family. We just had started so we hope to have warm support from everybody.
With love, Javi and Miki.
Javi and Miki both posted that statement on IG.
https://instagram.com/p/v1UbZbjixm/
That`s for real, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
But honestly I think he has 2 years for. I doubt he would lead this quadrennium. He is not that young and remember his weak 3A.
We`ll see very soon.

And Yuna`s jumps layout is the same as russian wonderbabies of past Sochi games. Nothing outstanding.

Javi and Miki both posted that statement on IG.
https://instagram.com/p/v1UbZbjixm/
That`s for real, if you ask me.
Patrick may be coming back, but no one knows for sure in which state. I think his time has passed but, of course, that doesn't mean that he's not able to deliver good performances anymore. But in my honest opinion, this is Nam's time to rise as Canadian champion. Of course, the kid is only 16 (17 in May) so still young, but Yuzuru started to rise after his own JWC title at 15 as well.
Patrick will not be put aside, of course. But people being overjoy by his coming back should be careful not to cheer too soon.

You know, we all have different opinions. :) Yuna and Mao remain the queens, but Miki is not forgotten either (and rightfully).

No, Javier and Miki are not engaged. The purpose of this post was to show everyone that they are dating, that's all. Miki is a mother of a young daughter, so of course, for their couple to last, they need to all get along, like a family. So far, so good, for what we know. The couple is still recent, after all. :yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think TEB 2013 was the best of Patrick. Honestly Patrick's quad is heavy, not airy as Yuzuru, not powerful like Han Yan when he's on. But overall in term of skating skill Patrick at TEB is the best.

Miki's only 4S got recognized only one time when she was in junior. And honestly, having more difficult jumps/combinations does not mean you are a better skater overall. Ask Timothy Goebel who placed behind both Yagudin and Plushenko. I am not a fan of Yuna, people know it. I have been bashed many times by Yuna's fans for criticizing her. I simply give credit to where credit is due.

Actually they have too much different skating style. I don't think Yuzuru's skating skill will "reach" Patrick as in the sense of "same level" because they are too different. Patrick skates with weight. Yuzuru skate with??? I don't know how to explain but as Kurt Browning has said "speed from nothing". His thin body certainly helps. So both at their best are just too different. Skate Canada 2013 Yuzuru almost reached the same speed into quad as Patrick. So I guess at this moment he has same speed already.

The thing is: we haven't seen Patrick during this season. Nobody really knows what he's capable of right now. He had no severe injuries so when he starts next season- he would be in a much more preferable position than Yuzuru. As for me- I think that Yuzuru's skating skills now could be totally compared to what Patrick showed during the previous season. I think they could be equal.
I think Patrick at TEB is still better in SS than Yuzuru at this point. For sure next season we will see the SS battle shown down. As Yuzuru will improve (as he replied to French interview that he needs more training, so he knows) and who can tell if Patrick will improve or not?

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Buttle is in Japan now, and patrick busy moving?? :biggrin:

Oh sorry, didn't know Jeff was in Japan :biggrin: and you're right I forgot Patrick was moving. Well, among the japanese skaters only Yuzuru comes to mind for me. Hopefully it's him because I adore Jeff's work, specially with Yuzuru; if it's the FS it would be the absolute best

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
i am probably reaching but J. Buttle tweeted that he will start choreographing a program for " a long time friend ", music will probably be Franz Liszt: Liebestraum No. 3, you think any possibility that its for yuzuru?? :biggrin: i know he is probably busy for WTT and it seems like piano music again but still :laugh: if its not yuzuru then who can he/she be??

it could be anyone really! maybe a cast member of the ICE like Caro or Joannie?

Also if it is indeed Yuzu, that's almost perfect as I want Jbut to choreograph his LP on Liszt music... but Totentanz not Liebestraum!!!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
it could be anyone really! maybe a cast member of the ICE like Caro or Joannie?
Also if it is indeed Yuzu, that's almost perfect as I want Jbut to choreograph his LP on Liszt music... but Totentanz not Liebestraum!!!!
Yuzuru has WTT to compete in a week, it's definitely not Yuzuru. How can you have time for new program when you're still practicing your current programs for the coming competition?