Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Found an interesting tweet

https://twitter.com/stellata_0416/status/930827941566492672

"P&G press con, is that the razor of Gillette Hanyu-san is holding in the panel at the back?"

Does this mean he will talk about shaving in P&G article or video? If so, I can't wait :biggrin:

(probably he only took a picture though...)

I guess he shaves a little bit? :biggrin: 'Use this razor to look like you've never shaved in your life' As a possible catchphrase. (lol) :biggrin:

kiches

Final Flight
He probably uses that Gillette razor as often as he uses those Bold gel balls to do laundry (as in, once in a blue moon, haha).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/931073030788395009 Yoshida Saori (champion Women's Wrestler) also gave her words of support to Yuzu, and the translation of her words is in this tweet.
-She's an amazing athlete, with a super long undefeated record that got broken at the Olympics. It was such a shock to everyone. I think she's now living in Sendai and she and Yuzu talked about it when they sat together at an awards ceremony.
Edit: I got the names wrong, as Yude said, it was Homare Sawa who moved to Sendai and talked with Yuzu at the award ceremony.

Last edited:

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Thank you for your information! I hope Yuzuru won't be in the opening ceremony although I really wanted to see him as flag-carrier some day (my dream :luv17:) In Sochi Olympics, opening ceremony was held in the middle of Team event, so Japanese figure skaters didn't attend if my memory is correct. Men's SP of team event in figure skating was the very first event in Sochi Olympics and the opening ceremony was held after that. I remember the announcer of morning show was so excited that Yuzuru was in the 1st place in Men's SP, but said "The competition has already started even though the opening ceremony has not done yet!":laugh:

The opening ceremony for 2018 Oly is the same day of Day 1 FS team event. Day 1 team event start from 10am and end by 1:30pm on 9th of Feb, and the Opening Ceremony start from 8pm and expect to end by 9:30pm. Day 2 of team event start again from 10am on 11th of Feb. I am also a bit not sure if Yuzu will participate at the Men’s SP or FP (or both?), i am still confused and not sure if he only need to participate at one section only.

I guess he shaves a little bit? :biggrin: 'Use this razor to look like you've never shaved in your life' As a possible catchphrase. (lol) :biggrin:

He probably uses that Gillette razor as often as he uses those Bold gel balls to do laundry (as in, once in a blue moon, haha).

:rofl: OMG, that’s a awesome Tagline, I am sure P&G want to use you as copy writer! @Interspectator

Henni147

Final Flight
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/201711150000524.html"I think it is enough for him to do 3 quads. After all, Hanyu's skating is completely different from other skaters'. I am not praising him pointlessly by no means, I am just telling the facts. The way of rotating (the jumps) and the way of skating are different from other skaters'. To grab the audience's hearts is also what Hanyu only can do. If he participates in the next Olympics, he will need 4Lz there, but I don't think he needs it this time."

As much as I admire Plu-san, I'm really surprised about his words. Just remember him beeing the loudest after Vancouver 2010, how on earth Lysacek was able to win Olympic Gold without a single quad in his programme. Well, he didn't need it, right? With two clean skates and a solid 3A he received enough points to beat the rest of field - but among many skaters and fans it just didn't feel right. Lysacek was a champion, but not THE champion. Somehow.

Well, today it's not the question, whether you DO a quad but HOW MANY quads and how many DIFFERENT quads. The 4Lz is currently the most difficult jump that has been executed in competition so far - the Queen of figure skating jumps so to say (4A might be the King someday). And now just look at the list of skaters, who currently jump the 4Lz:
Nathan Chen, Jin Boyang, Vincent Zhou, Mikhail Kolyada, Adam Rippon,...
Yuzu may not need the 4Lz in terms of points, I don't know. Shoma and Nathan got mighty close... BUT! It's definitely a matter of prestige to do this jump - especially for someone who claims the all-time-throne of a figure skating legend.

Some skaters, experts and fans may not care about the 4Lz really - especially if he wins Olympics - but Yuzu himself... I think this quad race really bothers him, no?

As much as I admire Plu-san, I'm really surprised about his words. I just remember him beeing the loudest after Vancouver 2010, how on earth Lysacek was able to win Olympic Gold without a single quad in his programme. Well, he didn't need it, right? With two clean skates and a solid 3A he received enough points to beat the rest of field - but among many skaters and fans it just didn't feel right. Lysacek was a champion, but not THE champion. Somehow.

Well, today it's not the question, whether you DO a quad but HOW MANY quads and how many DIFFERENT quads. The 4Lz is currently the most difficult jump that has been executed in competition so far - the Queen of figure skating jumps so to say (4A might be the King someday). And now just look at the list of skaters, who currently jump the 4Lz:
Nathan Chen, Jin Boyang, Vincent Zhou, Mikhail Kolyada, Adam Rippon,...
Yuzu may not need the 4Lz in terms of points, I don't know. Shoma and Nathan got mighty close... BUT! It's definitely a matter of prestige to do this jump - especially for someone who claims the all-time-throne of a figure skating legend.

I just loved this phrase so much :thank:

yude

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/931073030788395009 Yoshida Saori (champion Women's Wrestler) also gave her words of support to Yuzu, and the translation of her words is in this tweet.
-She's an amazing athlete, with a super long undefeated record that got broken at the Olympics. It was such a shock to everyone. I think she's now living in Sendai and she and Yuzu talked about it when they sat together at an awards ceremony.

The female athlete who lives in Sendai must be Homare Sawa, yes she and Yuzuru had a very friendly talk in an awards ceremony :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yc12kRrSJI (around 00:23)

I respect Saori Yoshida A LOT. She has won 16 gold medals in the Worlds, 3 gold medals in the Olympics. When she got silver medal in Rio Olympics last year, she cried so hard and repeated "I'm sorry" in front of the camera, it was so painful to watch and heartbreaking.
In Japan, she might be one of the athletes who understands the most about pressure Yuzuru has.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The female athlete who lives in Sendai must be Homare Sawa, yes she and Yuzuru had a very friendly talking in an awards ceremony :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yc12kRrSJI (around 00:23)

I respect Saori Yoshida A LOT. She has won 16 gold medals in the Worlds, 3 gold medals in the Olympics. When she got silver medal in Rio Olympics last year, she cried so hard and repeated "I'm sorry" in front of the camera, it was so painful to watch and heartbreaking.
In Japan, she might be one of the athletes who understands the most about pressure Yuzuru has.
Ahh...Total brain fart there. I mixed them up, unforgivable. :palmf:

yude

Record Breaker
Ahh...Total brain fart there. I mixed them up, unforgivable. :palmf:

I understand why you mixed up because Sawa and Yoshida are very close friends and they sometimes appear on TV shows together :) Both of them are really good athletes :thumbsup: