Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2021-22

Oreo

On the Ice
I don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but in China there’s a complete ban on Winnie the Pooh. It’s been going on for several years now ever since people compared a likeness between Xi Jinping and Pooh on social media. International spectators won’t be allowed to attend, so no fear of thousands of Pooh bears being smuggled in to rain down on the ice, but what about Yuzuru’s tissue box? Will it be confiscated at the airport? Will he have to leave his lucky talisman behind?

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but in China there’s a complete ban on Winnie the Pooh. It’s been going on for several years now ever since people compared a likeness between Xi Jinping and Pooh on social media. International spectators won’t be allowed to attend, so no fear of thousands of Pooh bears being smuggled in to rain down on the ice, but what about Yuzuru’s tissue box? Will it be confiscated at the airport? Will he have to leave his lucky talisman behind?
His Pooh tissue box has always been banned at Olympics because the Olympic Committee bans brands etc. So nothing new.
And I read somewhere that Pooh rains (not only in Beijing) would be forbidden for hygiene motives?

Oreo

On the Ice
His Pooh tissue box has always been banned at Olympics because the Olympic Committee bans brands etc. So nothing new.
And I read somewhere that Pooh rains (not only in Beijing) would be forbidden for hygiene motives?
You’re right about the tissue box—it was a plain turquoise one at Sochi, but he did have a single, plastic-wrapped Pooh in the k&c with him. In Pyeongchang, you couldn’t tell because of a barrier, but then there were a bazillion Poohs heaped up on the sides from the Pooh rain. Hopefully someone will be able to get Pooh(s) into the Beijing arena!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
You’re right about the tissue box—it was a plain turquoise one at Sochi, but he did have a single, plastic-wrapped Pooh in the k&c with him. In Pyeongchang, you couldn’t tell because of a barrier, but then there were a bazillion Poohs heaped up on the sides from the Pooh rain. Hopefully someone will be able to get Pooh(s) into the Beijing arena!
I have always believed that this plastic-wrapped Pooh at Sochi had been sent on the ice by a fan, not brought by him or his team.
Of course at PyeongChang there was an impressive Pooh-rain and all flower-kids and their supervisors were on the ice.
If Pooh-rains and other flowers and plushies throwing is forbidden in all competitions, I don't know if he'll have a Pooh in the K&C. Even another sort of pooh.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
And in this interview (probably given last Summer) he had retrieved 4F before returning to preactice 4A, leading to many conjectures.
It's not probable that this 4F will be in the first part of his Free though, he wants only edge jumps there to fit the program.
I hope he will soon get back to all what he had ready before NHK.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And in this interview (probably given last Summer) he had retrieved 4F before returning to preactice 4A, leading to many conjectures.
It's not probable that this 4F will be in the first part of his Free though, he wants only edge jumps there to fit the program.
I hope he will soon get back to all what he had ready before NHK.
Yuzu has a quad flip?

icetug

Medalist
Yuzu has a quad flip?
Here is a translation of the interview Yuzu gave before he WD from NHK:

Q: Speaking of NHK Trophy, what comes to mind is the 300 world record in 2015, what other performances that left a deep impression to you?
Y: Surely 2015 Seimei. But I recently thought of when I first debuted in NHK in 2010, will never forget the feeling when I first landed the 4T.
Q: It's been two years since you performed in NHK. This time, what do you want to show?
Y: I want what I practiced to reflect on my performances, to give the best performances.
Q: Reason on the program choices?
Y: Free program is Ten to Chi to. This program has a clear story in my heart. I want to convey the story through this program so I want to skate with full emotions. Short program is Introduction to Rondo Capriccioso, specially performed by Shinya Kiyozuka for me. I want this program to be the only program only Yuzuru Hanyu can skate to.
Q: What do you do if your practice doesn't have the outcome that you want?
Y: I rely on music more. If the lyrics are relatable, it can encourage me, or I will listen to music that can make me feel I have to be more diligent so I can be successful. I think music has a big power.
Q: Do you get anything from watching top level athletes at the Tokyo Olympics?
Y: I learned as I watched rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming because they both use music (like fs) and use technology in the competition, I feel like I can refer to it.
Q: What's the condition of 4A? Can you get the feeling of 4A?
Y: I can already land the 4F, there's only 4A left. I can already feel the feeling of 4A. From so many perspective to consider, I also gain more knowledge and experiences. I want to land the only Yuzuru Hanyu's 4A.
Q: Please state your feelings when competing in Japan.
Y: I have a strong peace of mind, it's also because my programs are very Japanese-like (have Japan atmosphere). I want to give good performances.
Q: What do you want to achieve in this competition?
Y: Land the 4A, want to complete my program.
Q: Please give a message to your fans.
Y: I want to thank you for your continuous support. Everyone's support is my power. As I receive everyone's support, I can also feel everyone's expectations on my performances. I will work hard.
Source: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4701933468385377
Translation: https://twitter.com/quadaxelz/status/1458334949833019402?t=X_CdS4MsMyLo_TLdAUOdwg&s=19

I hope he knows we all send the power and good emotions to him to make him strong and healthy. Come back soon, Yuzu!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

ankifeather

Final Flight
Hanyu's signed boots at Sekkisei store counter

LOTTE's gift cards campaign

%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-2021-11-15-152355.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
As was rather expected, Yuzuru Hanyu has withdrawn from Rostelecom Cup.
https://twitter.com/SponichiF/status/1460834025061322756
IronKlaus (today 11/17) gives a translation of Yuzuru Hanyu's withdrawal declaration, a song and its translation which may explain the expression "starting line" and a declaration from JSF that missing Nationals wouldn't bar him from Olympics selection.
The latter looks a bit worrying about the length of his recovery. But I hope he won't force himself too much either. I just hope for him that he will land his 4A some day in a program that satisfies him.
ETA: the link!
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus

Last edited:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Honestly, though there's a lot of interesting characters on the rise in men this season and I'm still looking forward to see how GPF plays out, this seems the right place to admit that I've deeply missed seeing Yuzuru skate this season, and though I'm trying to brace myself for the possibility that he might not be well enough to compete in Beijing in February, I can honestly say his absence would cast a pall over the men's event for me, even if at the same time I'd rather him put his health before all else. There truly is no one else like him.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Well, Yuzu's entered for JNats. Hopefully he doesn't WD, although as I said earlier he doesn't have to compete here to be selected for international assignments.
I hope he won't both on his health's account (because it would mean his injury is on the good way of healing and more hopes of recovering 4A) and on my pleasure's (because the more I see him the better, even if we have so many great videos).
But also hope he won't feel pressure to skate too early. This time pressure wouldn't come from JSF who want him to earn a Team medal at Olympics and shouldn't interfere with his recovery meanwhile but it may come from media.