2017 GP Cup of China Mens SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Mens SP

GGFan

Record Breaker
Worry Javi is getting whatever that is inflicting Patrick.

The sad side of sports. As you age you have the wisdom and all of the skills, but the inconsistency starts to creep in. Putting it all together becomes more difficult.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Javi was crooked in the air on nearly all passes and that makes me nervous for tomorrow.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Pretty much overscore for Javi... PCS and GOE. Try to get full PCS and 3 GOE. I hate figure skating. To keep such an unfair, they will lose fans more and more. Thank you.

Mussique

On the Ice
I ended up watching it live thanks to a cafe with free WiFi... I shouldn't have >\\\<

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A good evening for you. Your godson did pretty good.

I can breathe now. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty good.

And he's the leading US man. *tries not to grin smugly*

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Kolyada's 4lz 1.57 GOE
Javier's 4S 1.86 GOE

:roll9: :scratch2:

Kutien

Final Flight
1080 HD No comments, Dailymotion / Youtube

1Mikhail KOLYADA RUS103.131video
2Boyang JIN CHN93.892video
3Javier FERNANDEZ ESP90.573video
4Keiji TANAKA JPN87.194video
5Max AARON USA83.115video
6Han YAN CHN82.226video
7Grant HOCHSTEIN USA80.557video
8Vincent ZHOU USA80.238video
9Alexander PETROV RUS68.589video
10Kevin REYNOLDS CAN64.4010video
11Alexander MAJOROV SWE64.2711video
12He ZHANG CHN46.9912video

TMC

Record Breaker
They are doing multiple quads in a short program. It's not always going to go smoothly, which is a part of sport. Sure most of these guys could do a safe clean program with 3A, a 3-3, and a solo triple on a lot of occasions, but this is a new era of skating now.

I get that, but I can't make myself enjoy watching the splats...

ragdoll

On the Ice
I'm so glad Kolyada finally succeeded. I have always had a feeling he could do it. He has the technical ability and there is something about his personality that I fell for the first time I watched him. I hope he succeeds in the free as well.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Some judges did give Mikhail's 4Lz 0 GOE? Maybe there wasn't enough steps before it or are they watching something else? And please we all know Javier did not do his best today, he should not be getting PCS that high

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I think with this skate Kolyada might have just got his ticket for Oly. No way that Russia at this moment has two other better senior skaters, so even when he doesn't do well at the Nationals he has great chances to go.

I would have Tanaka in third, didn't liked Javi today. And his Chaplin is a bit bland, there were over the time loads of better choreographed programs with Chaplin's music.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Only a level 1 on his change camel for Kolyada - so he could have scored even higher.

I see the judges were torn between rewarding the beautiful 4Lz and docking for no steps.

Who was the judge that gave Fernandez's mess of a 3A a 0 GOE?

Some AWOL levels for Tanaka.

Pretty good protocol for Max; no <, though the GOE is pretty all over the shop, and two 3s, two 4s. One of the level 4s was his steps, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! and he got lots of +GOE for it! GOOD BECAUSE I LOVE THAT STEP SEQUENCE

Wait. How the flip did they NOT CALL ZHOU'S FLIP UR? It was so blatant! Only the 3A?

MIM

Medalist
That was non stop 3 hour skating since I woke up at 6am. Han, Tanaka, Max, Boyang, Mikhail, and Javi were all strong and have charming programs. I enjoy the tension that the Olympic year brings out of the skaters and teams. Not that they were slacking other seasons, but the packaging is exceptionally good this year. I don;t think I have seen any bad programs this season. (except Zagitova's:palmf:).

da96103

Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez 3T+2T had a spread of 0s and 1s but judge 8 gave -3? What's up with that?

Sometimes I think the judge that gives GOE that is too far from the rest of the panel needs to be investigated if he/she have been receiving money to either over-mark or under-mark skaters or have been drinking too much wine/drugs before the event.

Purv

Match Penalty
Love Javi, but some of his PCS scores need to better reflect the actual performance and not the potential performance he could have given.

Why? He only popped a jump.Performance was fine. Kolyada in russia did many mistakes and got high PCS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think with this skate Kolyada might have just got his ticket for Oly. No way that Russia at this moment has two other better senior skaters, so even when he doesn't do well at the Nationals he has great chances to go.

Oh, he was already the anointed one as his inflated scores at CoR made perfectly clear. :rolleye: But ice is slippery.