2018 Grand Prix Final Ladies Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Ladies Short Program

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Alina was completely off the music today.

So, the bronze spot is wide open it seems.

frida80

Record Breaker
Two wins and a clean program with a 3A and Rika's PCS is really close to Alina. One more win, and it will match it.

rei00

Rinkside
I’m just....shocked? I would have been fine with Satoko off the podium, because I do like everybody here and a medal for Liza or Kaori would be great :) but to see her in last with that stunned expression was a punch to the gut

I like all the girls (me being russian lol), but Satoko has all of my heart. And she like never got gpf medal, if memory serves? So I really hoped she can get one in the absense of Med, but now...
I'll be somewhere in the corner, crying.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Rika's PCS even ended up being awfully close to Alina's too. My hunch was right. One clean short and she'd be right there.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I don’t really want to hear about the PCS boost for Rika when that’s exactly what happened for Alina last season

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Zagitova would be given the room and the space to grow and develop. If I were her, I'd switch to Mishin, who at least develops skaters to have careers, not nuclear bomb - sized flashes in the pan. Everything is a bit rough around the edges, but she has genuine musicality. It's a shame if that would be ground to dust on the jumpjumpjump treadmill.
You think going to Mishin would help her develop? He's all about the jumps and not much else.

Xzander

Rinkside
Good job Alina! She really attacked that combo, pretty close on UR though. She has IMO overall the best spins in business and is so consistent with them. And that 2A entry is one of a kind. I just wish she wouldn't have to skate to those music cuts.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really like Alina's dress and I like her, but I'm not sure how much I like that SP. But I hope she is ok, she looked worried when she came off!

I know! Alina looks like she'd be capable of some incredible programs if they were cohesive and such. I'm not sure what Daniil's thinking behind Phantom is...maybe he drunk too much coffee before choreographing it and that's why it's all over the place!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
She definitely doesn't look well.

I wonder if she is a bit under the weather... Looked very determined to power through this program, but it did not look as effortless and easy as earlier in the season for me. And well, everyone probably would feel some kind of pressure hearing the score of Rika, that TES alone...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I like all the girls (me being russian lol), but Satoko has all of my heart. And she like never got gpf medal, if memory serves? So I really hoped she can get one in the absense of Med, but now...

She did in 2016. Silver.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I don’t really want to hear about the PCS boost for Rika when that’s exactly what happened for Alina last season

Memories are as short as Tara Lipinski’s post-Olympic career in skating fandom.

rachno2

Record Breaker

:( she usually peaks later in the season, doesn’t she? She needs to bring those old dresses back; I think they were good luck!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You think going to Mishin would help her develop? He's all about the jumps and not much else.

Yes, you have a point, but one thing you can say about Mishin: his skaters tend to have careers that last longer than your typical Pact with the Devil. Just saying.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is... well... quite rude?
And may be not even "quite".