2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's not the likeliest scenario, but if Haein manages a podium finish I'm going to be ecstatic. I was over the moon with Yelim last week, if Haein does pull that off... :love:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Just watched Tomoe! Wow. That 3Lz-3T! And I love her 3F, too. All of her jumps really. She deserves that 1st place. Very happy for her. :)

Azikin

Medalist
It's not the likeliest scenario, but if Haein manages a podium finish I'm going to be ecstatic. I was over the moon with Yelim last week, if Haein does pull that off... :love:

Regardless, she sure was a pleasure to watch today... :thumbsup:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Just watched Tomoe! Wow. That 3Lz-3T! And I love her 3F, too. All of her jumps really. She deserves that 1st place. Very happy for her. :)

Is it just me, or was there a UR on the 3T? it looked under to me at least.
I love her 3Lz though.

pearly

Record Breaker
I thought Tarusina was much better than Tarakanova, who looked distressed. Tarusina's program looked much more polished and I liked her skating better.

leoleo

Medalist
Tomoe's 3T did look UR to me too, don't know if judges called it UR tho! wouldn't be surprised cause they have been ignoring so many URs this season. we'll see the protocols
I wonder if Haein got a ! on her flip again. She always gets them

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Forza Lucrezia, mad props for her having 'Phantom Thread' score used in her FS!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I thought Tarusina was much better than Tarakanova, who looked distressed. Tarusina's program looked much more polished and I liked her skating better.

I think artistically she is underrated: among all juniors she's probably the best at really performing and owning the program.

Tarakanova has a very nice short program, you can see why the PCS are higher because of the difficult transitions but she looks much more nervous, last year she was a bit like Tarusina going all out, this year she's a bit more reserved.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Is it just me, or was there a UR on the 3T? it looked under to me at least.
I love her 3Lz though.

It looked UR to me, too but I try not to focus on those things on the Junior circuit because they mostly donā€˜t call such things anyway. Weā€˜ve seen so many URs be ignored already. :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker
I think artistically she is underrated: among all juniors she's probably the best at really performing and owning the program.

Tarakanova has a very nice short program, you can see why the PCS are higher because of the difficult transitions but she looks much more nervous, last year she was a bit like Tarusina going all out, this year she's a bit more reserved.

I was surprised Tarakanova's PCS were higher, but I did not spend too much time analyzing them. Tarusina just looked smoother to me and sold the program better. Tarakanova's lines were really bad in comparison.

Fluture

Record Breaker

I agree that Tarakanova seemed a bit nervous. But I like her approach, the choreography is very mature and I loved that little wink at the end. I can only imagine how that program will turn out if she skates it full of confidence and like her usual self!

I wonā€˜t say much about Tarusina since I frankly just donā€˜t get her skating and itā€˜s better to say nothing than to say bad things all the time but: Sheā€˜s a bit older than the other girls, so itā€˜s natural that she seems more mature. She also seems to really love to be on the big stage and perform. Also, rarely makes mistakes that interrupt the skate so kudos for that as well.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Forza Lucrezia, mad props for her having 'Phantom Thread' score used in her FS!

I don't know why, but I had it in my head that she was older. So, I got a shock when Ted said she was 14.

Probably a symptom of me watching a lot of Italian competitions a few years ago. :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I was surprised Tarakanova's PCS were higher, but I did not spend too much time analyzing them. Tarusina just looked smoother to me and sold the program better. Tarakanova's lines were really bad in comparison.

Tarakanova is better with the blades. You can see how easily she gaining the speed for example.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Felt sorry for Gemma looking so disappointed on the sofa. Especially when I liked her music so much.

She's now in 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], splitting what had been a group of local skaters.

CaroLiza_fan