2018 Nepela Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Nepela Trophy Men's Short Program

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Was the on screen timer for that correct? I hadn't been paying attention, but Samohin's counter ended at like 3:17, which would have been way over time.

I was wondering the same thing but this is just so strange I cannot imagine for anyone to create a program half a minute too long😜😜 that would be pure stupidity

champagnerain

Final Flight
Dmitri Aliev forgot an axel-type jump in his FS last week, which invalidated his last jump combination, so...I have a new appreciation for what mistakes can be possible.

Or maybe the clock glitched and they didn't catch it? If that's what it was, I hope they go back and fix his score. Considering the multiple music problems they've seemed to have in this competition, literally anything is possible. No telling without going back to watch it, but no time right now. :sarcasm:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
I went back and rewatched it! the clock really stoped at 3:17
Either the clock was somehow going mad or the program was indeed half a minute too long.. 😆 The clock also didn’t include anything of the warm up time but started really at the beginning of his program ^^

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
my favourites so far:

Mikhail KOLYADA: great performance not flawless but beautiful nonetheless , not my favourite song by the muse but probably kolyada loves it, and it shows.

Sean RABBITT: he made me like east of eden, what an amazing performance

Sergei VORONOV: i’ve got a huge crush on him :biggrin: i hoped with all my heart he could deliver a great performance in the sp at least. Anyway it’s already a great achievement beeng there and getting scored as he does

vorravorra

Record Breaker
my favourites so far:

Mikhail KOLYADA: great performance not flawless but beautiful nonetheless , not my favourite song by the muse but probably kolyada loves it, and it shows.

Sean RABBITT: he made me like east of eden, what an amazing performance

Sergei VORONOV: i’ve got a huge crush on him :biggrin: i hoped with all my heart he could deliver a great performance in the sp at least. Anyway it’s already a great achievement beeng there and getting scored as he does
If anyone loves this Muse song it's likely Lambiel since it was his idea not Kolyada's.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I hope Daniel explains what happened. Twenty-seven seconds? Really? :noshake:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
So really impressive skating and jumps from Mikhail, but maybe it's just me, but there was like no connection or performance to that Muse music. Honestly he could have done his choreography and moves to pretty much any music to a similar tempo.

He easily earned 100+ with those awesome jumps tho.

I tend to feel that way about many skating programs (even those I like), but not this one. YMMV.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I tend to feel that way about many skating programs (even those I like), but not this one. YMMV.

Of course! I actually like the skating, jumps and program as a whole, which is why it struck me so much more. I just think I’d like to see more digged up out of the music and choreography. I’m sure it will grow with time.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Is it just me or did Alexander Samarin take a huge step forward since last season? ...His lines look so much more elegant to me.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Is it just me or did Alexander Samarin take a huge step forward since last season? ...His lines look so much more elegant to me.

I kind of agree seeing him live during practice yesterday, he still looks a bit gangly with his long limbs, but movement is much controlled:)