2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Short Program

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
T-eeng Tsway is probably how I would describe it. The "C" in Chinese has its own pronunciation where "Ts" or "Tsz" comes closest but isn't perfect. "Cui" would rhyme with "Sway."

That’s how a friend with the same family name pronounced it. It’s still pretty much impossible to get it right unless you speak Mandarin, however.

Another friend of mine is named Ting and the pronunciation she uses is, well, “ting,” as in Tinkkerbell. The i is like the Russian “i” or the “i” in marine (ee). But it’s one syllable. “Ting” is basically onomatopoeic. Not sure how Ting Cui prefers her name pronounced.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, Zahra got another personal best (and national best!) in the SP, got in a fully rotated double axel, and she's getting closer and closer to fully rotating her triple salchow too. I'm so happy for her!

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
That’s how a friend with the same family name pronounced it. It’s still pretty much impossible to get it right unless you speak Mandarin, however.

Another friend of mine is named Ting and the pronunciation she uses is, well, “ting,” as in Tinkkerbell. The i is like the Russian “i” or the “i” in marine (ee). But it’s one syllable. “Ting” is basically onomatopoeic. Not sure how Ting Cui prefers her name pronounced.

OMG
I love you for using the word onomatopoeic