2022 European Championships: Women's Short Program | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Women's Short Program

icybear

Medalist
I can just imagine in 10 yrs time, all ladies Russian skaters will coincidentally be born in June and be 15 in an olympic year just so they are fit and primed for the Eteri system. After all lots of skaters come out of parents who wanted to be skaters but couldnt, so they use their kid to exploit their dream and I can so imagine them planning their birth just sorely for this system.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She was setting up the 3Lz-3Loop combination, if you can see she trips over her foot as she settles down to jump the Loop.
If in her mind she had gone for 3Lz3T I'm sure she would have landed.
She didn't land her lutz. The judges gave her -5 because she fell on it.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
She was setting up the 3Lz-3Loop combination, if you can see she trips over her foot as she settles down to jump the Loop.
If in her mind she had gone for 3Lz3T I'm sure she would have landed.
Yes, she basically fell on a setting for a 3Lo, as correct type of a landing on 3Lz is a setting for 3Lo. Because her Lutz was not enough rotated (it was on q), she should pause and go for a 3T instead.

Last edited:

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just went back and watched Gubanova and her score was way too low. I would've had her over 70 for sure, she was lovely! Glad to see her in the final group though and I'm so happy to see her finally competing internationally too!

bekalc

Record Breaker
Judges on olys wont be so pro russians. So "Judges" here for purpose want to give her as high score as possible because they know it

I am sorry I disagree. I think the judges pretty much accept that no one is beating the Russian ladies for gold.

I think then it becomes a matter of what you want to see. Do they want a Trusova jumps only. Or do they want someone like Kamila.

She is beautiful to watch and has consistent quads and tripe axels.

Kamilla is getting very high scores at the Olympics.

brigit66

On the Ice
I am sorry I disagree. I think the judges pretty much accept that no one is beating the Russian ladies for gold.

I think then it becomes a matter of what you want to see. Do they want a Trusova jumps only. Or do they want someone like Kamila.

She is beautiful to watch and has consistent quads and tripe axels.

Kamilla is getting very high scores at the Olympics.
I talk about scoring, not beating ,jesus.chill out, No one will beat your russians, dont worry.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
French judge must have been the only one who somehow avoided the usual free hypnosis session Euros give to the judges. She put Anna in 10th place. I'm sure the Eteri doctor will come knocking on her hotel door tonight and give her a Russian hypnosis before the fs tommorow.
That is not correct interpretation of her scoring. In a context of this judging panel, she basically lowballed majority of skaters (including Loena) except her own and Switzerland skaters, so i doubt ISU will take that as a good judging.

readernick

Medalist
Anyone else getting tired of Trusova scoring in the mid 70's when she always falls on her 3axel? Other then her jumps there is nothing remarkable in her skating she's not fast on the ice her skating is clunky and her spins are not even that great.
I mean I think she was the least overscored Russian women here so ?? Choose your battles... It is what it is..