2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Men's Short Program

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I haven't been able to watch yet, but I checked the standings while on the go and I see my own personal Morisi Prediction Curse continues lol. (Whenever I put him in the top five for the prediction game he bombs, whenever I leave him out he medals or at least makes top five... so guess where I put him this time 😆 )

Seven Sisters

Medalist
He performed it in the gala, right at SA? It's a Sam Smith cover of "I feel love." (I thought it was the Bronski Beat/Jimmy Somerville version at first - their voices sound so similar.)

Maybe his team felt it was more appropriate as an exhibition program.
Yes, his gala program there was a modified version of it. I still say, great program for him! Plays so well to his strengths, shows off the qualities that make him unique.

rain

Record Breaker
I think this is a good chance for Roman to just trust and forget the nerves :biggrin: please just this one time!

I have my fingers and toes crossed that this will be the time he puts two programs together. He is such a sublime skater with incredible musicality and skating skills, and he can do the jumps, but he always breaks my heart, he is such an up and down competitor. No man out there has more beautiful arms and spins — that camel is a thing of absolute beauty.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Hey @elektra blue !

Quote from your son Daniel, after today’s comp—

” After SA I went back to to see my family and friends because I really missed them. I also worked hard and was determined to reach my next goals and honestly I was very happy to enjoy my mom’s cooking again.”

This will probably set you off on another round of frenzied lasagna making :)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Commentators at the beginning of the competition stated:

“nowadays, you must land two quads in order to win the short program”

Romsky wins the short program with an amazing, but only one quad, the 4S. That was a great program for Romsky. His combos are what he needs to work on. Also, he skated a brilliant SP at Nebelhorn and then completely fell apart. I need Romsky to believe he is skating last in the penultimate group. I’m just hoping he stays on the podium.

Daniel Grassl is well positioned to take this title.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Newberry... gotta say that his outfit is simple but very flattering. I think more skaters should think about this when picking their costumes... simple, sometimes, is best.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Tsuboi's jumps are soooooo smooth... but what I liked the most was his sit spin... oups.. bombo... not sure i got stairway to heaven out of this.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Corey's combo was superb ! His camel spin too.. but yeah... that popped flip.. when no quads attempted, you just cannot pop

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Shun Sato : what the Carol of the Bells for a SP? i guess he wants GPF for xmas

4 LZ wahhh!!!!

a bit too reserved for my liking. There are so many Japanese skaters... i prefer others... like Shoma, Yuma, Sota... etc

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Jimmy.. better than last time he says just as i type the same exact words... cute guy!