Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the woman coaching Morisi... she's amazing HAHA ! Very very cold stare... not moving... ICE COLD... Then Morisi dares to stand up a bit too early during KnC and without looking, put hers hand on his knee mouths a one syllable word... probably equivalent to "sit"

WOW!
Does Eteri have cloning abilities now?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And once again the CAN Judge doesn't do the CAN skaters any favors. The USA judge even did better by Roman in GOE nd PCS.
It is the Canadian way. Remember in the 6.0 days when You got a six for falling only once or twice lol in the US by the US judges.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I have my fingers and toes crossed that this will be the time he puts two programs together. He is such a sublime skater with incredible musicality and skating skills, and he can do the jumps, but he always breaks my heart, he is such an up and down competitor. No man out there has more beautiful arms and spins — that camel is a thing of absolute beauty.
OMG I just thought of who Roman kind of reminds me of - in respect to potential and beautiful skating but he is not nearly as so diva-ish or dramatic - Emanual Sandu. I almost think Roman is being coached by Joanne MacLeod. SHe has been given great skaters who always seem to fall short of t heir full potential. Kevin Reynolds, Mira Leung, Jeremy Ten. I know he has been with Wainman forever but maybe he needs a new coach?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Deniss : i need to learn how to fall like him.. because if i had tumbled that way, I would have broken a few bones.. and he just gets back up and lands a triple axel. Not bad.
Maybe he went to the Anna Pogoloraya school of how to survive bad falls?

rain

Record Breaker
OMG I just thought of who Roman kind of reminds me of - in respect to potential and beautiful skating but he is not nearly as so diva-ish or dramatic - Emanual Sandu. I almost think Roman is being coached by Joanne MacLeod. SHe has been given great skaters who always seem to fall short of t heir full potential. Kevin Reynolds, Mira Leung, Jeremy Ten. I know he has been with Wainman forever but maybe he needs a new coach?

I actually think MacLeod's skaters tend to have the opposite problem of Roman. Many of her skaters were fierce competitors who obviously worked incredibly hard, but not on the right things — mostly skating skills (thinking here specifically of Reynolds and Leung — who had nerves of steel and thrived on competition, but had obvious weaknesses that never got any better). I think Ten's biggest problem was that he couldn't seem to stay injury-free long enough to develop. Sandhu was kind a case all his own, lol. He did not have nearly Roman's skating skills, and his ego seemed to get the best of his developing to his full potential. Roman's problem seems to be delivering in the moment — he's got all the skills. MacLeod's skaters are generally missing some of the skills.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I actually think MacLeod's skaters tend to have the opposite problem of Roman. Many of her skaters were fierce competitors who obviously worked incredibly hard, but not on the right things — mostly skating skills (thinking here specifically of Reynolds and Leung — who had nerves of steel and thrived on competition, but had obvious weaknesses that never got any better). I think Ten's biggest problem was that he couldn't seem to stay injury-free long enough to develop. Sandhu was kind a case all his own, lol. He did not have nearly Roman's skating skills, and his ego seemed to get the best of his developing to his full potential. Roman's problem seems to be delivering in the moment — he's got all the skills. MacLeod's skaters are generally missing some of the skills.
yup... like Emily Bausback. lots of good assets but also, lots of problems that were not solved.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
:laugh2:This is the first time I've participated in the prediction game and they've already managed to mess it up.
To think that Roman Sadowsky of all people would be above Grassl and that Morisi would tank...
My take aways from the short:

As always, Deniss is a joy to watch. Damn that quad, but the rest is so great...also, praise his hair.

Grassl's "inventive" spin positions are indescribably ugly in my eyes.

Lambiel needs to get a haircut. That side part is no good.

What exactly is the Morisi situation? She who cannot be named was still listed as his coach.

The Georgian official lady was scary af.

Looking forward to the free. Grassl should have this in the bag but who knows what is going to happen? I mostly want to see a clean skate from Deniss.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Catching up on the men now...

Morris! I thought he wasn't at the GP this season. Glad to see him, he's moved to Italy and got new coaches, I wonder how he'll go.

I'm a bit sleepy for some reason (it's not even 6:30pm!) so I'll just make a few comments on those who stood out.

Great to see two Englishmen here! Whoo go guys!

All the Japanese guys did fabulously. :biggrin:

Tomoki didn't have his split jump, I'm somewhat disappointed TBH.

Jimmy "That's my Dog!" Ma nails it!

Roman without his ice cream shirt confuses me as always. I do like how he's skating to a song called Cold it's like a serenade to the rink ;) Ha ha someone threw a stuffed avocado to him! And into first!

Deniss!! I see he took on Jimmy's man-bun :laugh2: Aww look at his sunny little face, love him! As do the crowd they went off for the 3A and the step sequence! (Only Level 3?!) And of course our favourite sit spin! 🥰 What a fab program! I repeat, love him! Also he took everyone's advice and kept the ponytail tight, he's looking good!

Now Moris! Bit nervous for Moris, people can be so mean to him about the quad.

Whoops pop! But hey he got the combo in and even positive GOE. Noooo popped the axel too! :( And the last jump!

What a shame! The rest of the program is really good he's got nice energy and the cartwheel! What a cool idea for a difficult spin exit!

Seriously though I didn't think that was awful? But Mark's like not very good components.

I wonder who the lady in the KnC is, she looks thoroughly unimpressed by everything.

Aww geeze his poor score :( I'm sad.

On the plus side here's Daniel with his improved artistry! Them spin positions though, my ligaments say ow!

Good work, Daniel!! :biggrin: Second place!

But wow! Roman in first! Wonder how he'll handle it?

Moris in last?! I'm so sad for him 😭 I hope people won't be horrible about it. Ever since I Believe I Can Fly/What is Love? he's been a big fave of mine.

Best of luck to Daniel and Deniss! I won't be able to watch live - grumbles at time zones - so cheer all the menfolk on for me.

skaket023

Rinkside
I actually was wondering if Morisi was doing a protest skate. Maybe all the criticism on his jump technique has paralyzed him. He's never been my cup of tea, but I hope it's not another Sambo induced back injury.

So happy for Roman Sadovsky! We'll be holding our breath during the Free, of course, but this could be his Paul Wylie moment! The stars have to align sometime. Right?

All in all a rough short for the men. I hope Tomoki can do a better free. He's got some young skaters over his shoulder....Max is back, Liam. That determined Yampolsky junior boy who nobody is gonna hold back once he gets to Seniors. It's tick, tick, tick for him and Camden. Camden knows it but does Tomoki?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What exactly is the Morisi situation? She who cannot be named was still listed as his coach.
I think it's because he left after the deadline for coaching changes. Like they can't stop you from changing, but officially your old coaches are still listed and I think all the national funding a skater might get goes to the old coaches too, so the skater will need to pay the new coach out of pocket or work something else out. That last bit might just be a Russian thing though, not sure what the Georgian Fed's situation is.