2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Women's Free Skate

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Say what you want about her jump technique but Isabeau is unflappable as a competitor and it's nice to see a American girl have this kind of mental game at this level.
And people Will go on saying what they want. Isabeau reminds me of Anna Scherbakova in that respect, people complained and complained about her jump technique, and 'it won't last' yada yada yada. She just kept skating, jumping and wowing.

I'm wowed by Isabeau too. I'm over the moon that she cares about artistry, music, complete skating, a complete package. She just smiles and keeps on going, stays focused on What. She. Does. Well. And there's so very much of it!

:hap10::dance3::points:

Scott512

Record Breaker
ISU skating channel on Youtube..
It's very offensive that the Russian GP events end up on YouTube but not the ISU GP events? I mean please. I know she didn't skate particularly well here but I wanted to see Anastasia skate her programs and I will never see them on YouTube. It's a miracle that the short programs for Isa and mai actually showed up on YouTube. How are you going to grow the sport doing this?

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mai was so good! I loved her reaction and I’m so happy she finally has a gold medal in the GP circuit. She needed this win to put less pressure on her, for her next event.

One thing I’d like to note: is there is a pack of ladies that have separated from the rest of the pack

This pack is comprised of six and I think are the ones that should make the Grand Prix finals. Here are their season bests, and results, this year:

1) Kaori Sakamoto - 217 (🥇)
2) Mai Mihara - 217 (🥇)
3) Leona Hendrixx - 216 (🥇)
4) Isabeau Levito - 215 (🥈,🥈)
5) Rinka Watanabe - 213 (🥇)
6) Yelim Kim - 213 (🥈)

After this list, no Senior lady has even surpassed the 200 mark. Amber Glenn and Anastasiia Gubanova being the closet. There is C. Kim and Hana Yoshida and Mone Chiba, who all competed in the Junior Circuit, and are age eligible. All are between 200-210. But, they have to get through Nationals. I just find it fascinating to have these six ladies with season bests within four points of one another. It will be exciting to watch them duke it out in the next to GP events and ultimately at the finals.

Cilla70

On the Ice
Did anyone else think Young You looked sick. I was praying she made it through the program. She is such a lovely skater. Knowing that her father past explains why she doesn’t seem as excited about skating. When my mother passed, I felt lost for a long time.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone else think Young You looked sick. I was praying she made it through the program. She is such a lovely skater. Knowing that her father past explains why she doesn’t seem as excited about skating. When my mother passed, I felt lost for a long time.
She was. She said in she had a fever earlier in the week after arriving in England but was feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of her dad.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Sad to hear about You and condolences to her.

Just finished watching. I liked Levito far more than Miahara, but glad to see Gubanova with bronze.

Country
United-States
Will Isabeau go to the Grand Prix Final? That's all I care about.
If I'm not mistaken, she would have clinched a spot in the final had Gubanova not finished in the top 3. So there's still a scenario in which she doesn't make it, but it would require all of the following to happen:
-A previous silver or bronze medalist (Kim, Sumiyoshi, Andrews, or Glenn) wins NHK
-Sakamoto and Watanabe (in either order) win silver and bronze at NHK
-Gubanova wins Finland
-Hendrickx and Mihara (in either order) win silver and bronze at Finland

In this scenario, it would be Sakamoto, Watanabe, Hendrickx, Mihara, Gubanova, and Kim/Sumiyoshi/Andrews/Glenn. But of course, it's unlikely that all four of those things would happen. So yeah, there's like a 99% chance Isabeau is in.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I feel like Isabeau was underscored. I think because it’s her grand prix debut so the judges are holding back. She needs to create her reputation and be consistent.
I kind of feel the same way but it's hard for me to feel much sympathy for Isa now my 2nd favorite because my favorite for years Anastasia has always been badly underscored especially in PCS when she represented Russia and now as a senior representing Georgia. So I'm not exactly feeling Isabeaus being underscored pain in this event even though I agree with you. My 2nd favorite did beat my 1st favorite by over 20 points. ;) I was not expecting that big a margin. MM of course was wonderful and her comeback is a great story.

After all the ISU has done to eliminate the 15-year-old Russian phenoms from Yulia to Alina to aliona to Anna at 15 and Sasha at 15 and KV at 15 they are not going to let Isabeau win anything big this season unless some top lady bombs. Oh and phenom Akatieva at 15 is only a few months younger than levito but because of the just in time age rule change she won't skate as a senior until she's 18. Lol. But fortunately they got Levito in for this season because if they did this age limit change one year ago she would not be eligible as a senior either. Gee I wonder if anyone in Russia has noticed all of these things. ;)

Can you imagine this season without Isabeau? She is saving this season her presentation Artistry and Charisma is off the charts. Oh and it would be nice if the ISU actually put the skates of the top ladies at the John Wilson trophy on YouTube because I don't see them but I see the Russian Grand Prix skates are there and sometimes the whole event is there from the Russian GP.
The ISU can do much better if they wanted to but they don't seem to care. I would love to see the skates yesterday at the John Wilson trophy. But I won't see it but they will have Liza on there and little Sofia on YouTube and who knows who else. I'm good with that but but as I said the ISU could do better in promoting their competitions. People are noticing the low score in the IFU ladies this year they could have countered that yesterday by immediately putting up the fabulous skates of Mai and Isa on YouTube.

Demandred

On the Ice
It's very offensive that the Russian GP events end up on YouTube but not the ISU GP events? I mean please. I know she didn't skate particularly well here but I wanted to see Anastasia skate her programs and I will never see them on YouTube. It's a miracle that the short programs for Isa and mai actually showed up on YouTube. How are you going to grow the sport doing this?
All of the ISU GP events are on Youtube, you are probably geoblocked.

Vicky458

On the Ice
And people Will go on saying what they want. Isabeau reminds me of Anna Scherbakova in that respect, people complained and complained about her jump technique, and 'it won't last' yada yada yada. She just kept skating, jumping and wowing.

I'm wowed by Isabeau too. I'm over the moon that she cares about artistry, music, complete skating, a complete package. She just smiles and keeps on going, stays focused on What. She. Does. Well. And there's so very much of it!

:hap10::dance3::points:
I don’t understand why people are complaining about Isabeau’s jump technique.If you listen to Johnny Weir, he raves about her excellent jump technique! I thought she was lovely! In my opinion she is the entire package! She to me represents a true “figure” skater not a jump Skater!

Scott512

Record Breaker
All of the ISU GP events are on Youtube, you are probably geoblocked.
I am not sure but I would think when I put it in the search engine that it would come up and then it would block me from watching the videos but I don't even get that.

Thanks.

withwings

On the Ice
Could someone, please :pray: be so kind and suggest me where can I watch Braidie Tennel's FP?? I missed all the event because of my work and so much wanted to see Bradie's skate.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Unfortunately The Browns will not receive the support that Isabeau does, even though they have a lot of potential.
I hope you are wrong. I really enjoyed their performances, though I think they should maybe try a different genre of music for their FS next season.