2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Lia is actually a contender for junior worlds, depending on how the women's free skate goes!
Yes, she is, which would still be a great achievement (doing Sr Worlds in pairs and Jr Worlds in singles in the same season). ☺️

But with 4CC, she'd have been competing in two different disciplines at the same international competition, which I don't think has really happened all that often (if at all) before. 🤔

Seven Sisters

Medalist
How rare is it that we see a program with not one, not two, but three of the things I love to see in pairs—SBS jumps being nailed and in perfect time to the music; well synchronized pairs spins, and an abundance of joy exuded (watch them both smiling from ear to ear!)

I’ll take that any day over a pair that might have better elements, and skates with grim determination.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Yes, she is, which would still be a great achievement (doing Sr Worlds in pairs and Jr Worlds in singles in the same season). ☺️

But with 4CC, she'd have been competing in two different disciplines at the same international competition, which I don't think has really happened all that often (if at all) before. 🤔
one of the Waddel brothers used to do it all the times (at 4CC too if i'm not mistaken)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well, I love Tango for pairs (and just in general), but maybe not in the season when the rhythm for junior ice dancers is Tango.:wink:

I think I would have hated this program if I had seen this during the JGP, too much tango all at once.😂
oh i know exactly how you feel :LOL: but i haven't been watching jr dance since JGP, so i have it out of my system

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, looking back briefly, have I said how much I don't like tango? I do not like it, Sam I Am, no matter what the ice dancers are doing.:laugh:

But for my 👑 Deanna and her consort Maxime, I will make exceptions. :)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
one of the Waddel brothers used to do it all the times (at 4CC too if i'm not mistaken)
I don't think Bruce ever competed at 4CC (and George competed for Britain, so him not either), and I don't remember him doing Ice Dance and Singles at the same competition apart from Canadian Nationals, though I might very well be wrong. 🤔

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Tonight's competition is the first time that I've appreciated how good a skater Trennt is. Perhaps it's the choice of music, or the new pairing, but for me, it seems a better match than with Evelyn.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada

Andrew Dodds (AUS) did both singles and ice dance (with Chantelle Kerry) for a couple years at 4CC