2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Canadian Nationals Sr. Pairs Short Program

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:points: :rock: :rock: :rock: Deanna and Max, the class of the event! Fantastic elements, combined wonderfully with fantastic expression of the music and gorgeous posture from both. I'm in love. ❤️

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I don't think Bruce ever competed at 4CC (and George competed for Britain, so him not either), and I don't remember him doing Ice Dance and Singles at the same competition apart from Canadian Nationals, though I might very well be wrong. 🤔
i don't know why but i have this clear memory of him competing in both disciplines, dance and singles, at the same competition

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
A little reminder that people were incredibly worried about the future of Canadian pairs at the beginning of the season - Well, I think today many of those fears were quelled.

A lot of great programs and a lot of potential in many of these overwhelmingly young and often fairly new teams.❤️

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tonight's competition is the first time that I've appreciated how good a skater Trennt is. Perhaps it's the choice of music, or the new pairing, but for me, it seems a better match than with Evelyn.
Agree. They had some good potential a few years ago, but never really hit it big. Lia is a Single Skater (with Triple-Triple combos), and her and Trent seem to have a good partnership already, and already have good jumps!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I don't normally get to watch a full nationals event with double digit pairs entries, so I really enjoyed this event. ❤️ Pleased to have discovered some new pairs and I was impressed with many programs! The majority of skaters looked happy in the KnC too 🙂

The free stream was excellent, I hope to be able to watch the free skates too!

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
i don't know why but i have this clear memory of him competing in both disciplines, dance and singles, at the same competition
And I am convinced that Andrew Dodds competed at the Worlds or Olympics in both disciplines - but Wikipedia tells me otherwise.....
The brain is a truly wonderous thing, but it's definitely not reliable for most people 😂 I'm sure we've all experienced this phenomenon at one point in our lives.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, she is, which would still be a great achievement (doing Sr Worlds in pairs and Jr Worlds in singles in the same season). ☺️

But with 4CC, she'd have been competing in two different disciplines at the same international competition, which I don't think has really happened all that often (if at all) before. 🤔
The most high profile example I can think of is Kristi Yamaguchi competing both pairs and singles at Worlds.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to the replay of the women's event? I missed it.

auser

Record Breaker
I don't normally get to watch a full nationals event with double digit pairs entries, so I really enjoyed this event. ❤️ Pleased to have discovered some new pairs and I was impressed with many programs! The majority of skaters looked happy in the KnC too 🙂

The free stream was excellent, I hope to be able to watch the free skates too!
The competition is archived later on Dailymotion in case you miss any of the live skating you want to see.