2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Sectional Series August (Skate Ontario) | Aug 18-20

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
gosh these dailymotion ads with sound are annoying... anyone dealing with that?

Yep. The mute button shuts them off after a couple of clicks for me, but they randomly play during skates and it’s annoying.

An ad blocker might work if dailymotion doesn’t block it. Im using a new laptop and haven’t had a chance to install one yet. I’m too lazy to mess with it now so I’m dealing with the ads.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yep. The mute button shuts them off after a couple of clicks for me, but they randomly play during skates and it’s annoying.

An ad blocker might work if dailymotion doesn’t block it. Im using a new laptop and haven’t had a chance to install one yet. I’m too lazy to mess with it now so I’m dealing with the ads.
dailymotion doesn't allow the AB.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Re Gabby : it said Mariposa for her club... She was at Granite with Lee Barkell before... DIdn't see the coach.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Maddie and Gabby were both fantastic!!

Maddie was beautiful, mature, expressive…..so much better than last season. I understand this short was choreographed by Madison Hubbell, Adrian Diaz, and Scott Moir. The confidence, the maturity! I absolutely love it!! Jumps look pretty good too!

Gabby’s 3T+3T was MASSIVE. IMO she has the best skating skills in Canada. She is Kaori levels of speed, power, and dominance. Her jumping wasn’t bad by any means. If she can work out the kinks she is still in this and can podium at nationals. Always a beautiful skater. Does she have any GP assignments?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

So i have been clicking the mute twice and it works.... it wouldn't be so annoying if they weren't appearing staggered.... I feel I am listening to a bach fugue.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I missed Katherine Karon - what are your impressions of her?

yesterday

Record Breaker

🤩 thanks!
I've read comment about Lia's and Trennt's music before and well.. my ears are bleeding!
If they want to flow with a river, I'd recommend Justin and his tears :ROFLMAO:
at least he does not need to scream to get his message across..

an ugly lift as always 😅
but the first half of the sbs spin was quite nice to watch

Really enjoyed Aleksa’s free. Not perfect but so much more stable than last year, he seems to be feeling the programme much more and skates with more confidence.

Yeah, when you use a program more than one season it really should show progress and they definitely achieved that.
In this case I can forgive the music but I already hope for something groundbreaking next season.
(Just kidding, he's still Canadian :dbana: )

~~~
regarding ads:

I used to have those with the awful sound and when I started to block it, I got that "pls turn off blocker" message. But I now have a way to use dailymotion streams properly and have no ads.
My setup: Chrome with 2 adblockers (adblock plus and ublock origin) - when the popup says to shut off blockers, I only shut off adblock plus on that specifiic page, it reloads and all is well :biggrin: