2023 World Junior Pairs Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 World Junior Pairs Short Program

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Everyone has to take one French course in high school, but honestly the whole thing is very much tolerated not celebrated IMO.
This is changing a lot though... I see more and more people taking pride in raising their kids in both languages... even people whose mother tongue is neither French nor English... It really varies... but for the older generation, I would say that though I find it very upsetting, outside of Quebec and New Brunswick, (and perhaps a bit in Manitoba)francophones have not been celebrated much

Last edited:

Ziotic

Medalist
This is changing a lot though... I see more and more people taking pride in the raising their kids in both languages... even people whose mother tongue is neither French nor English... It really varies... but for the older generation, I would say that though I find it very upsetting, outside of Quebec and New Brunswick, francophones (and perhaps a bit in Manitoba) have not been celebrated much
I’m Franco-Ontarien, and it’s not so bad in the North but Southern Ontario and the Praries I don’t think see the value. BC i think is just being its usual chill self and the territories try to focus on their own mother languages.

Sorry for the OT

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Everyone has to take one French course in high school, but honestly the whole thing is very much tolerated not celebrated IMO.
Honestly, that's really sad. Other countries (like Switzerland) seem to be doing a much better job when it comes to that aspect of their culture.
It is getting better in that sense with kids nowadays.. but Ted probably never took French at school... especially growing up in BC.
Great to hear that sentiments are changing nowadays. I guess Ted is from a generation where it wasn't as normal to take pride in Canada's unique identity.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I’m Franco-Ontarien, and it’s not so bad in the North but Southern Ontario and the Praries I don’t think see the value. BC i think is just being its usual chill self and the territories try to focus on their own mother languages.

Sorry for the OT
Yeah... it's a good summary. to get back on topic, for those not used to Ted, he unfortunately isn't good at names in any language.. even English at times ;)

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A really well skated pairs short event! I think there were only two falls and one was a freak non-element fall. Shame too about the missed death spiral from the Australians.

So happy for Sonia and Daniel. They upgraded from a throw double flip during the jgp to a throw triple toe. Congrats to them on a great short program!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Honestly, that's really sad. Other countries (like Switzerland) seem to be doing a much better job when it comes to that aspect of their culture.

Great to hear that sentiments are changing nowadays. I guess Ted is from a generation where it wasn't as normal to take pride in Canada's unique identity.
We have in Finland 5 % minority of Swedish speaking, most of them live here at west coast where I live. All we study Swedish at shcool, we start it at the age of 12-13 and after that it is compulsory in every shcool, from high shcool to university. A thing people argue a lot of about. For me it have been the same.

But this was nice competition. Went over too fast. See you tomorrow when men start, I have to go to office early tomorrow morning so I will skip women, too late my time (I find it weird to call kids as women).

midori green

On the Ice
Well, I started an hour late, so I caught up to watch the last team live. One thing that stuck with me? The cool position the team from China hit on their lift exit. He did a spiral that matched her extension. Of course, the rest was a great competition to watch. I'm excited for the freeskate.