Who qualified for 2023 U.S. Nationals So Far? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who qualified for 2023 U.S. Nationals So Far?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Random Qs: Emilea Zingas no longer represents Cypress in Senior Women and now represents the US in ID? And she paired with Vadym Kolesnik who used to skate with Avonlea Nyguen? I saw that Avonlea partnered with someone named Grigory last year but crickets from them since. Anyone have any idea? I always liked her, she reminded me of a younger Madison Chock.

I'm happy that Alexa Gasparatto made it in Sr. Women, I saw her skate at Mid Atlantic's (where she came in 4th behind Ava Ziegler) and really liked her style. (Plus, its nice to have another Black skater besides Starr in the mix.)

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Did Mia Kalin not qualify?!?! I mean, she has tons to work on, but she sorta made a name for herself this season on the JGP. Seems weird she was placing 4th and 5th behind some major stars and doesn't even make it to Nationals.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Random Qs: Emilea Zingas no longer represents Cypress in Senior Women and now represents the US in ID? And she paired with Vadym Kolesnik who used to skate with Avonlea Nyguen? I saw that Avonlea partnered with someone named Grigory last year but crickets from them since. Anyone have any idea? I always liked her, she reminded me of a younger Madison Chock.

I'm happy that Alexa Gasparatto made it in Sr. Women, I saw her skate at Mid Atlantic's (where she came in 4th behind Ava Ziegler) and really liked her style. (Plus, its nice to have another Black skater besides Starr in the mix.)
Yes, Avonley was skating with Grigory Smirnov last season and qualified to last year's Nationals, but they had to withdraw I believe due to an injury to him. Later it was said he's retired and back in Russia coaching so it seems their partnership did not work out. Shame, as I love watching Avonley.

Did Mia Kalin not qualify?!?! I mean, she has tons to work on, but she sorta made a name for herself this season on the JGP. Seems weird she was placing 4th and 5th behind some major stars and doesn't even make it to Nationals.
Yeah, Mia failed to qualify. I didn't get to see her skate because I was away and well, we know stupid Peacock and their lack of replays. But the protocols show that she fell in the short program and in the freeskate both her quads were downgraded and she fell on one of them, plus a few more underrotations and one invalidated triple cause she did too many repeat jumps. It's unfortunate.

midori green

On the Ice
I was curious what "one year exception to rule 2502" meant for junior pairs. Looks like it's a fancy way of saying the top two novice pairs get to skate junior nationals...if I'm interpreting the 2023 advancement criteria correctly.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I thought Mia Kalin was in JGP and it would give her a bye, but I guess not. Bummer.

Bord

Rinkside
SENIOR WOMEN
1 Bye Andrews Starr
2 Bye Chen Karen
3 Bye Glenn Amber
4 Bye Gold Gracie
5 Bye Izzo Gabriella
6 Bye Levito Isabeau
7 Bye Seo Clare
8 Bye Shin Audrey
9 Bye Tennell Bradie
10 Bye Thorngren Lindsay
11 #1 Eastern 1- 1 Ava Ziegler, SC of New York 169.84
12 #2 Eastern - 2 Ting Cui, Baltimore FSC 157.11
13 #1 Midwestern - Elsa Cheng, Skokie Valley SC 181.17
14 #2 Midwestern - Alexa Gasparotto, Arctic FSC 163.61
15 #1 Pacifics - 1 Josephine Lee, All Year FSC 179.90
16 #2 Pacifics - 2 Hanna Harrell, Los Angeles FSC 163.57
17 Next Best National Score -3 Pacs Lindsay Wang, Los Angeles FSC 163.36
18 Next Best National Score -3 Midwestern Sonja Hilmer, Centennial SC 157.33

Next Highest
4 Pacs Michelle Lee, All Year FSC 153.86
4 Midwestern Emilia Murdock, Broadmoor SC 151.12
5 Pacs 5 15 Alex Evans, Los Angeles FSC 151.08
Love that Ting Cui is back in the mix. Delicate skater.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Junior Women Qualifications
Top 4 women per section
Top 2 Novices per Section

Eastern top 4 Juniors
1 Mia Barghout, SC of New York 158.25
2 Katie Krafchik, SC of New York 156.86
3 Sarah Everhardt, Washington FSC 153.56
4 Krystal Edwards, Washington FSC 147.73

Eastern top 2 Novices
1 Ela Cui, SC of Boston 140.51
2 Melania Blecic, Great Neck FSC 128.75

Midwestern top 4 Juniors
1 Adele Zheng, DuPage FSC 162.72
2 Logan Higase-Chen, Broadmoor SC 158.68
3 Lilah Gibson, Columbus FSC 156.96
4 Phoebe Stubblefield, Broadmoor SC 153.26
Midwestern top 2 Novices
1 Jessica Jurka, Fort Wayne ISC 152.49
2 Olivia Flores, Thunderbirds FSC 125.96

Pacifics Top Four Juniors
1Soho Lee, Glacier Falls FSC 172.11
2 Sherry Zhang, Glacier Falls FSC 170.16
3 Elyce Lin-Gracey, Pasadena FSC 162.68
4 Hannah Herrera, Murray Silver Blades FSC 149.33

Pacifics top 2 Novices
1 Annika Chao, Glacier Falls FSC 151.76
2 Keira Hilbelink, Portland ISC 149.99
Oh sure....make me get up at Oh dark thirty! :rofl:
usn.jpg

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
@CoyoteChris Not so good news about Ting Cui from her instagram:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Before I read the entire post, I thought Ting was withdrawing from Nats:oops: but she said she still intends to compete at Nats.

She did need to withdraw from the Universiade due to illness, though :(

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Wow....after testing negative for two weeks after rebound covid I feel I now have enough balance that I could ride a Motorcycle again.....I feel so bad when I hear people poo poo covid......it not only hurts us old people....When I was being evalutated over the web, the PA had me put on my blood o2 meter and I was fine there....but check this out.
Can COVID-19 damage the heart? Yes: Although COVID-19 is primarily a respiratory or lung disease, the heart can also suffer. Temporary or lasting damage to heart tissue can be due to several factors: Lack of oxygen.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Before I read the entire post, I thought Ting was withdrawing from Nats:oops: but she said she still intends to compete at Nats.

She did need to withdraw from the Universiade due to illness, though :(
Competeing at nats is still possible.....I am so old I dont even buy green bananas and while my energy level was low at times, during the original case and the rebound case after Paxlovid, I napped alot but continued to be active after the paxlovid wacked the covid within 24 hours. She is young and basically healthy......My galpal is an athlete at 69 and did fine with her covid.....I will have good thoughts for Ting. :pray:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oh no, so sorry to read about Ting! I see in the comments Ashley Cain saying she suffered a similar effect after her Covid bout. Wishing Ting a speedy and complete recovery!