2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31

edenlover

On the Ice
I wasn't referring to your post, edenlover. I didn't think you were critical at all.

Oh thank you jenaj, I was afraid that I had sounded critical without meaning too. Thanks again...There are So many uncomplimentary posts about a lovely program -- I don't understand that! She was really pleasant and strong--and real.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Satoko got two urs, and -GOE for 3F. Judges are sending her a message.
I wonder where NMURA is right now, for him was the one who said Satoko's jumps are fully rotated.
Skate Canada doesn't have any reason to underscore her.

minze

Medalist
How? She got 2 URs and even a ! on the flip! What the heck? The PCS scores were fine and they were hardly that high. She's scored higher in PCS
Ok. Ashley 's score was ok but Leonava was underscore

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just a little overscoref on PCS.

YMMV. I thought the PCS scores were fine.

I did feel Satoko was underscored in PCS and I have her winning hte whole thing, so hoping for a comeback tomorrow!

ks777

Record Breaker
I wonder where NMURA is right now, for him was the one who said Satoko's jumps are fully rotated.
Skate Canada doesn't have any reason to underscore her.
I thought her 3lutz/3toe looked fine to me. 3flip on the other hand looked underrotated.. so I was surprised to see the score sheet.

Shani

On the Ice
Not overscored on pcs. Scores and standings ok except flip Leonova to 1st and Pogo to 3rd. Interesting thing about Courtney Hicks is a coach change and six months of stroking drills would put her higher internationally. Not her jump quality but stroking and footwork which cripples her. Look at her jump levels. Edgework.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I thought her 3lutz/3toe looked fine to me. 3flip on the other hand looked underrotated.. so I was surprised to see the score sheet.
Her LP is strong so I think she can bounce back. I kind of like her LP.
Satoko's SP is a big no for me, especially the dress.

Anna at least has big jumps. I hope she will fix the landing. And her spins are getting better, even though it's just a bit.

minze

Medalist
The Russian girls have the technical goods but both Anna and Radionova have to work on their postures. But with that said they have at least 4 girls that can be world champions

NaVi

Medalist
The music overwhelms her, that's why I worry about Adelina's Je Suis Malade, it's similar to Anna's music and this kind of music is really distracting

I've watched both programs(someone uploaded Adelina's today) and Adelina's vocals are worse than Pogo's IMO... though I think Adelina may do a better job connecting with the vocals.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I would've had Ashley losing on Transitions to Anna and Alena, but I agree with the rest of the PCS.

The ! on the flip is just :scratch:. What are they going to do in the free skate tomorrow? Give her ! on both lutz and flip? But then we can argue she technically did both, so they should both be credited. :laugh:

rain

Record Breaker
I think Satoko could actually benefit from a growth spurt.

My first thought on seeing her was that she looked like she was about 11 - and wearing her mom's dress from 1985, which only highlighted how young she looked. Agree with those who think her costume is hideous. On top of everything else it looks ill-fitted.

Lovely young skater, though.

ks777

Record Breaker
The Russian girls have the technical goods but both Anna and Radionova have to work on their postures. But with that said they have at least 4 girls that can be world champions
I wonder if one of the girls could compete for Korea at the Olympics, just like the korean speed skater competed for Russia at Sochi.

Ophelia

Record Breaker

Yeah. Perhaps different countries coaches emphasize different things? I notice that the current Korean skaters have really graceful and refined movements despite their lower technical proficiency in jumps and spins. The Russians have technical proficiency in spades but aren't elegant at all, and exhibit the same jerky, overwrought, sloppy movements (except Leonova).

Scovies

Final Flight
I would've had Ashley losing on Transitions to Anna and Alena, but I agree with the rest of the PCS.

The ! on the flip is just :scratch:. What are they going to do in the free skate tomorrow? Give her ! on both lutz and flip? But then we can argue she technically did both, so they should both be credited. :laugh:

Didn't she take the lutz out of her LP?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
YMMV. I thought the PCS scores were fine.

I did feel Satoko was underscored in PCS and I have her winning hte whole thing, so hoping for a comeback tomorrow!

Nahh... why? Because this is a sport.

If it is about who is the best student. I'd give it to her though :D

Meoima

Match Penalty
My first thought on seeing her was that she looked like she was about 11 - and wearing her mom's dress from 1985, which only highlighted how young she looked. Agree with those who think her costume is hideous. On top of everything else it looks ill-fitted.
Lovely young skater, though.
Maybe that's why she gets lower PCS. Not a good package for the SP.
But her LP is a different matter. She can do it.

AprilS

On the Ice

I thought the same! What's up with the tech panel at this competition? ...or is it just us? (also, it's driving me crazy how I live in Canada, but couldn't seem to find a legit live showing of the short programs on TV or online! :scowl:)

auser

Record Breaker
Banana dress with puffy linebacker shoulders. It's like Dynasty Has Never Left The Building!
:rofl:WeakAnkles, I have learned to swallow all liquids before reading your posts, lest they end up sprayed on my computer screen via laughter. You are dangerous ;)