Crazy Future Predictions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Crazy Future Predictions

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
The age limit for the Olympics is raised from 60 to 80 after now-bionic Plushy and an army of bionic 80-year-old skiiers qualify for the 2050-something Olympics.

I didn't know there was an age limit like that!!!! I knew for too young but not for too old!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another crazy prediction: Kevin Reynolds makes a comeback and wins the 2018 Olympics and everyone protests saying, "It's all about the quad now! What about the artistry?!" And the forums blows up.

PairSk8r123

Spectator
By the time of 2018, everyone is doing the Chase Belmontes Nationals bow and the judges punish you if you refuse to do it. :cheer::biggrin:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Another crazy prediction: Kevin Reynolds makes a comeback and wins the 2018 Olympics and everyone protests saying, "It's all about the quad now! What about the artistry?!" And the forums blows up.

Isn't it sad that this is more a crazy prediction than a serious prediction? :cry: Oh, I hope I will see him in the next season.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't it sad that this is more a crazy prediction than a serious prediction? :cry: Oh, I hope I will see him in the next season.

I know. :( But the thread DOES say "CRAZY FUTURE PREDICTIONS." And it's also a fantasy of mine.

I rea;;y hope he comes back also, I feel like I should have became a fan of him years before the Olympics. :( Can't change that. Just got to hope for the best.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mrs P creates an entire thread renouncing stats. "It's all about GUT FEELING and NATIONAL PRIDE. And sequins. Sequins are wayyyyyyyyyy more important. Numbers??? Phooey!"

;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs P creates an entire thread renouncing stats. "It's all about GUT FEELING and NATIONAL PRIDE. And sequins. Sequins are wayyyyyyyyyy more important. Numbers??? Phooey!"

;)

That is a crazy prediction. :laugh:

tana

Match Penalty
Adelina wins gold in South Korea! Now that would be pretty epic! ;)

You got it wrong, this isn't a crazy future prediction, but one that could very well happen :) Go Adelina for that 2nd OGM in Pyeongchang, 2018!

Last edited:

tana

Match Penalty
Heck YEAH that would shut EVERYONE up!

No, you have it wrong too. It would silence everyone except South Koreans. I feel that they'll keep resenting Adelina no matter what or how long the time has passed. :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

hurrah

Medalist
Plushy wins bronze medal in men's singles at Olympic 2018 with Yuzuru gold, and either Patrick Chan or Javier silver. He insists on climbing onto the gold podium during the ceremony with Yuzuru (no one can stop him) and this image makes the front page of every newspaper in Japan the next day.

Same-sex ice dancing and pair skating is introduced as a competition category, and Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir win the first same-sex pairs' competition.

FBI undertakes an indepth investigation of ISU and uncovers definitive proof that 90% of all Olympic gold medal results have been rigged. Past medalists are asked to return their medals so as to melt them and make a commiserative plaque of some sort.

Global warming means Winter Olympics is no more.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Plushy wins bronze medal in men's singles at Olympic 2018 with Yuzuru gold, and either Patrick Chan or Javier silver. He insists on climbing onto the gold podium during the ceremony with Yuzuru (no one can stop him) and this image makes the front page of every newspaper in Japan the next day.

He comes prepared with his own little platinum-coloured step stool to add to the gold podium. ;)

Layback11

Record Breaker
The ISU decides to create figure skating's answer to the Oscars/Tonys/Grammys, etc. with the Annual Awards for Axcellence in Figure Skating with such awards as:

The Plushy Eternal, an award for longevity and commendable accomplishment at age 27 or above

The Asada Trophy for best risky element attempt in ladies

An unnamed swarovski-and-feather-encrusted statuette for best crazy costume

The Lipnitsaya Award for best performance by a singles skater under 18

The Golden Blade for best footwork

The Zhang Trophy for best new spin variation (I would've used Yulia for this but I already had)

The Miyahara Award for most artistic promise in an up-and-coming skater

The Hanyu Trophy for most admirable comeback from injury

The Tuktamysheva Award for best comeback season

The Sotnikova Trophy for most controversial win

The Papadakis-Cizeron Award for most improvement in one season

The Chan-Edmunds-Moir Trophy for "best speaker" ;)

The Kostner Award (Consolation prize?) for best/worst skating controversy

The Reynolds Trophy for best use of really obscure/unorthodox music (this one's for you @cheerknithanson ;))

The Lysacek Award for best use of nothing but black, ever

The Other Kostner Trophy for best jumpsuit by a lady

The Gold Award for most hated long program (I'm so sorry Gracie! :cry: I don't hate you! It's just that other people do...)

I cannot think of any more LOL

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Maybe add a Yuna Kim Scholarship for best 3-3, not an award because Yuna would want to be charitable ;)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Maybe add a Yuna Kim Scholarship for best 3-3, not an award because Yuna would want to be charitable ;)

Yes! Best 3Lz-3T can use the money for college tuition if they're in college/will be soon or to fund the training of an up-and-coming younger skater of choice.