2015 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Pairs Free Skate

alebi

Medalist
K/S score is almost as high as D/R at SC. This is going to be so exciting if both pairs make GPF, and the Chinese armada as well :)

this year, pairs competition is on a never seen level! GP finals and Worlds will be amazing:popcorn:

alebi

Medalist
I did forget V/T. You're absolutely right. Thrilling :dance2:

V/T will push on their outstanding clean and big elements but maybe nowadays it's not enough any more because all these pairs are doing incredible elements with quality!

edit: apart from K/S (the oldest ones!) the Russian school is a bit late on this change

Last edited:

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Did anyone catch Xiaoyu absent-mindedly going onto podium for silver medalists? And then she facepalmed herself. XD

moriel

Record Breaker
I did forget V/T. You're absolutely right. Thrilling :dance2:

I'm totally waiting for Worlds, because they only wont be the best worlds ever in pairs because the chances of A/R getting in are too low. But surely this year will be the second best ever.
So many great teams - chinese, russians, canadians =D

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
V/T will push on their outstanding clean and big elements but maybe nowadays it's not enough any more because all these pairs are doing incredible elements with quality!
We will see them next week. I guess we'll have to wait until GPF to see, weather it's enough being OGM and having these big elements. I watched on youtube their new programs. Today, I did like three progams more.

alebi

Medalist
omg... my flu got worse with all this excitement :giveup:I need a rest or I'll die... happy :biggrin:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Honestly, For going clean and landing 2 Quads?

I'd leave the Russian judging scandals alone on this one ;)

But don't be afraid to use that in the future haha

Well the difference is only 0.38 mark right? Fiddling a few GOEs here and there, inflate and deflate in equal measures between close rivals, voila! It makes up more than the difference.

Given Chinese skaters generally don't get home advantage compare t other GP series historically, I am more inclined to believe their judges mark more or less fairly. While with this particular judge, she at least has a notorious reputation for nationalism marking. Had there be a different Russian judge, it might have been different. We are talking just 0.38 difference here.

However I will say I enjoyed Yuka and Alex alot, Yuka and I once nod to each other in greetings just outside the skating arena in Moscow as she walked out of her hotel. She is such a sweetheart to do that to strangers, very Japanese of her.

moriel

Record Breaker

edit: apart from K/S (the oldest ones!) the Russian school is a bit late on this change

Actually can be enough, as the quads are not worth that much (compared to singles for example). At any rate, they are still competitive and wonderful to watch, so a major battle =D

moriel

Record Breaker
Well the difference is only 0.38 mark right? Fiddling a few GOEs here and there, inflate and deflate in equal measures between close rivals, voila! It makes up more than the difference.

Given Chinese skaters generally don't get home advantage compare t other GP series historically, I am more inclined to believe their judges mark more or less fairly. While with this particular judge, she at least has a notorious reputation for nationalism marking. Had there be a different Russian judge, it might have been different. We are talking just 0.38 difference here.

However I will say I enjoyed Yuka and Alex alot, Yuka and I once nod to each other in greetings just outside the skating arena in Moscow as she walked out of her hotel. She is such a sweetheart to do that to strangers, very Japanese of her.

K/S FS was pretty much superior to S/H FS. Whatever the difference is, the order is fair =) But then ohhh wait, K/S are russians, even if they skate clean and show great skills and artistry, they can only get any close to the podium by cheating.

Lota

Record Breaker
Hey, does anyone know if Y/J have any chance of going to the GPF? Their next outing is NHK Trophy against V/T and D/R and I have a hard time imagining them winning against either. So, if they place 3rd, is there any hope?

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Hey, does anyone know if Y/J have any chance of going to the GPF? Their next outing is NHK Trophy against V/T and D/R and I have a hard time imagining them winning against either. So, if they place 3rd, is there any hope?

I'd say the chances are slim to non, US hopefulls S\K are also there,
They'd probably have to beat all three to qualify.