3 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN 197.75 3 3 video
4 Xuehan WANG / Lei WANG CHN 186.76 4 4 video
5 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 173.36 6 5 video
6 Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER 171.41 5 7 video
7 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN 166.80 7 6 video
8 Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 159.34 8 8

Sackie

Medalist
Pairs worlds are going to be outstanding but also sad since there are 5 or even 6 teams who can win! SO some of these great teams are going to be out of the medals.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Hey, does anyone know if Y/J have any chance of going to the GPF? Their next outing is NHK Trophy against V/T and D/R and I have a hard time imagining them winning against either. So, if they place 3rd, is there any hope?

Don't think so, they would have to place at least second with a great score.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Hey, does anyone know if Y/J have any chance of going to the GPF? Their next outing is NHK Trophy against V/T and D/R and I have a hard time imagining them winning against either. So, if they place 3rd, is there any hope?

Their best and probably only shot at GPF is if Volosozhar\Trankov don't show up for both their GPs or underperform, And then second at NHK could be enough

moriel

Record Breaker
Pairs worlds are going to be outstanding but also sad since there are 5 or even 6 teams who can win! SO some of these great teams are going to be out of the medals.

But it is still a piec of cake for us fans =)
Because there are always not enough medals / spots for great teams anyways, we are used to it already =(

Lota

Record Breaker
Thank you for all the answers! I thought the chances were slim... I wonder if Tarasova/Morozov can make it then? Can they even make it to the National team, with other strong teams like V/T, S/K and K/S?

Anyway, the Pairs is a really exciting discipline this year. I've always liked it, but this year in particular it seams that everyone's upped their game and you really cannot tell who's gonna win. I hope the Pairs attract more viewers, they deserve the love :luv17:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Thank you for all the answers! I thought the chances were slim... I wonder if Tarasova/Morozov can make it then? Can they even make it to the National team, with other strong teams like V/T, S/K and K/S?

Anyway, the Pairs is a really exciting discipline this year. I've always liked it, but this year in particular it seams that everyone's upped their game and you really cannot tell who's gonna win. I hope the Pairs attract more viewers, they deserve the love :luv17:

Tarasova\Morozov have a pretty good shot at GPF, They're situated very well for Silver or up at TEB, If they grab it.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
K/S FS was pretty much superior to S/H FS. Whatever the difference is, the order is fair =) But then ohhh wait, K/S are russians, even if they skate clean and show great skills and artistry, they can only get any close to the podium by cheating.

Where did I say they cheat? Judges matter to the scoring.. no cheating is needed as long they mark within the rules. All judges have their own inherent biases, conscious or unconsciously, but it can make the difference.

Look put it this way, here's the protocals

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_Pairs_FS_Scores.pdf

IF Alla just happen to be judge 5 for TES, and judges 5 for PCS for K/S
AND IF she just happens to be judge 4 for S/H's PCS. It may be enough to make the difference.

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Have Alla SHEKHOVTSEVA on the judge panel helps no doubt ;)

great comment

What a pity that Yury Balkov is not allowed to jugde anymore.

nevertheless K/S´s win is OK.

S/H showed a lack in all three SBS elements here.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Where did I say they cheat? Judges matter to the scoring.. no cheating is needed as long they mark within the rules. All judges have their own inherent biases, conscious or unconsciously, but it can make the difference.

Look put it this way, here's the protocals

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpchn2015/gpchn2015_Pairs_FS_Scores.pdf

IF Alla just happen to be judge 5 for TES, and judges 5 for PCS for K/S
AND IF she just happens to be judge 4 for S/H's PCS. It may be enough to make the difference.
Are the judges randomized for TES and PCS seperately? I thought that judge nr.4 for TES would be judge nr.4 for PCS also. Good to know.
Anyway, I don't see a real outlier here. And we wouldn't know wether K/S are Alla's favourite russian pair anyway, it could be possible that she didn't want them to win against S/H. Just my thoughts on that.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Step out of Throw 4loop = Succesful Throw 3loop,

So basically they made some history but they got nothing to show for it

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Just watched pairs :clap:

Kudos to Kavaguti/Smirnov. Can’t imagine all they have gone through and here they are, still delivering. Kavaguti 31 years old, and even if she looks young, her body must have taken tolls from landing all those thousands of throws and jumps in practice. She looks in fine form though. Also much much credit to their super smart coach, Tamara Moskvina Always on, inventing new tricks and believing in them. (Is she coaching other skaters?) Love this program!

Congrats also to Sui/Han who i like as much. Sorry for Sui who in one split moment thought they had won. Well 0.62 is nothing, but here it was.

Great competition. Pairs rocks this season :dance3:

Yes Drama, The 6th component :drama:

LOL, wish it was.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^Yuko is 33, not 31. And she still looks so young and beautiful. :hpull: anyone explain!!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^Yuko is 33, not 31. And she still looks so young and beautiful. :hpull: anyone explain!!

OOOOOHHH... even more :scratch2:. I saw her at a training camp like 10 years ago, when she had recently paired with Smirnov. She looked about twelve years old then, LOL.

Lota

Record Breaker

It's a Japanese thing. I always imagine that they all look young till they're about 50-60 and then they magically shrink and wrinkle like raisins overnight :laugh: