2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Nope, Gracie has much better skating skills than Sotnikova; steps, ice coverage, speed and spins. The latter was almost falling during her stsq. She just kicked her legs without bending her knees which looked awkward and not smoothly glding, and in most of the time she stood on two feet. Her spin positions were not pleasing too. 65 with the wonky jump landings is so overscored compared to what she actually performed.

Parabens, I guess. And Amen as an afterthought. :)

skatespin

On the Ice
Nope, Gracie has much better skating skills than Sotnikova; steps, ice coverage, speed and spins. The latter was almost falling during her stsq. She just kicked her legs without bending her knees which looked awkward and not smoothly glding, and in most of the time she stood on two feet. Her spin positions were not pleasing too. 65 with the wonky jump landings is so overscored compared to what she actually performed.

I like her program, I think she has improved a lot and her spins are good as usual, but I agree that her jumps are iffy, and she noticeably messed up on a portion of the footwork (it seems like she didn't get penalized much for that error).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Adelina is faster, I am not kidding. At her best, her SS is to die for. Mao and Adelina are on their own level of SS. This is from Mao's fan comment at JO (and you know Mao's fans have no reason to compliment Adelina that much when Mao was there). Please notice that I like Gracie much more. But i give credit to where credit is due. Adelina is faster and more fluid, her knee bend is also better.
But of course, if you asked me to put my bet on the skater who will make it big this season, Gracie is more likely my choice.

Last edited:

NicoleH

On the Ice
I definitely support that opinion.

Though I must say I enjoy Radio's SP quite a lot too, I don't think she was cold this time. Not as explosive and emotive as Rika, but still better than Evgenia and Polina for example. It's the LP I have issues with.
Well, Evgenia has the best posture. I really enjoy watching Evgenia, so beautiful. If only Radio's posture is half as good as Evgenia, then I wouldn't mind her ridiculously high PCS.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
great place, so many experts here... I want to see the difference between Sot and Gracie's SS!!:tantrum: because I can't see it! I'm not a judge! This is their task..

For example I can see it between for ex. Sot and the slovenian girl..but not between two top skaters!!!

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
I quite liked it and thought she performed it pretty well... I think she should give Jason Brown pointers on how to choose slow peaceful music that isn't boring. :slink:
It was the most boring skating music I've ever heard.
I tried to concentrate on her jumps, elements instead, but my eyes were closing against my will. For real. :slink:

lyndichee

Medalist
Adelina is faster, I am not kidding. At her best, her SS is to die for. Mao and Adelina are on their own level of SS. This is from Mao's fan comment at JO (and you know Mao's fans have no reason to compliment Adelina that much when Mao was there). Please notice that I like Gracie much more. But i give credit to where credit is due. Adelina is faster and more fluid, her knee bend is also better.
But of course, if you asked me to put my bet on the skater who will make it big this season, Gracie is more likely my choice.

Mao Asada called and would like to have a word with you.

Meoima already had a word with her it seems :laugh2:

andyjo24

Medalist
I like her program, I think she has improved a lot and her spins are good as usual, but I agree that her jumps are iffy, and she noticeably messed up on a portion of the footwork (it seems like she didn't get penalized much for that error).

She got awarded even with that error. +0.57 GOE.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Was there the poll I've missed?
Now I really want one!
I really didnt have an idea MANY people thought Lena is boring.:think:
I always read the opposite.

well lets rank skaters by their boringness then!:biggrin:
Gracie is my #1.:slink:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well, Evgenia has the best posture. I really enjoy watching Evgenia, so beautiful. If only Radio's posture is half as good as Evgenia, then I wouldn't mind her ridiculously high PCS.

Evgenia is the smaller-case Patrick Chan to me. I could plainly see her good posture and good skating but her program didn't affect me. I'm definitely a performance-over-posture kind of audience. I don't much mind hunched backs, no pointing, noodle arms or frenetic movements as long as they sell it and make me enjoy. So, Radio over Evgenia for me. :) Though, yea, I agree the PCS were a too high.

lyndichee

Medalist
Now I really want one!
I really didnt have an idea MANY people thought Lena is boring.:think:
I always read the opposite.

I find her generic with a lot of passion. I will never find her performances exciting, but they can have the potential to be beautiful. Rika can be quite exciting and refreshing (love what Akiko has done for her) but I'm not sure if I'll ever find her performances classically beautiful. I think fans like the latter better these days.

chairmanmao

Final Flight

I keep replaying that JO performance of Sotnikova. A very sophisticated and mature LP. I like it even more than Mao's.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Canada is much worse.

:laugh: As if. Chan was slightly overscored in the SP (as was Hanyu) but most of the Canadian skaters were not given any favours from the judges at Skate Canada. Nam was scored low on PCS in his SP/FS, D/R had a sensational FS but only got 70 PCS. Osmond's PCS was kept under 30 in her SP, and Daleman's PCS was less than Nagai's in the FS.

Here Adelina almost stumbles on her step sequence and still gets +2's.

Radionova got a personal best PCS by over a point, and frankly I've seen better SPs from her (and I say this as a big fan).

But worst, Medvedeva fell and got a personal best PCS. :rolleye:

Right, Canada is so much worse. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Yeah!!!! and how could Lysacek beat Plushenko in 2010????? without quad combo or a single quad????

I didn't want to chime in but that is really a different situation. See, Yuna's Olympic SP should have scored higher in both TES and PCS. She had 3Lz-3T, 3F and 2A vs. Ade's 3T-3T, 3F and 2A. Plus their skating skills are nowhere near each other. So this argument is really not valid.

----

But back to CoR, scores aside. Ade just sold her program even with the scary tilt on her jumps. It's amazing how she saved that 2A despite it being so titled in the air. Great work!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Elena's costume? The cut and design is great but, IMO, the neon peach color makes it look cheap somehow.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
:laugh: As if. Chan was slightly overscored in the SP (as was Hanyu) but most of the Canadian skaters were not given any favours from the judges at Skate Canada.

Here Adelina almost stumbles on her step sequence and still gets +2's.

Radionova got a personal best PCS by over a point, and frankly I've seen better SPs from her (and I say this as a big fan).

But worst, Medvedeva fell and got a personal best PCS. :rolleye:

Right, Canada is so much worse. :sarcasm:

Ok, "which worse" poll then:laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Your personal preference is an irrelevant topic since we're talking mostly about skating skills. She didn't control herself on the ice with more fluidity given her kicking and and obvious faltering. :noshake: I can only give a credit to someone who deserves. Gracie is stiff on her upper body, not her legs and foot.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I find her generic with a lot of passion. I will never find her performances exciting, but they can have the potential to be beautiful. Rika can be quite exciting and refreshing (love what Akiko has done for her) but I'm not sure if I'll ever find her performances classically beautiful. I think fans like the latter better these days.
thanks a lot for your post. Interesting to read
I generally felt that FS fans usually prefer classically beautiful & dismiss flawed but eneretic skaters
& I do & did like Akiko myself:thumbsup:

Ok, "which worse" poll then:laugh:
again its personal impression but Zhenya performance ability is soo high that even a fall cant disrupt it & (+ how she fought & added a combo!)
+onlookers state she was great live!
But again maybe she's boring to someone too. :eeking: To me she's inspiring.

Last edited: