2015-2016 Russian Nationals Mens FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Mens FS

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Its his hometown

Oh well, good for him, because it would be so embarrassing if you couldn't even get support at home!

So his girlfriend was there, but I wonder if his parents were? Or do they stay at home so as not jinx him.

ElenaClaire

On the Ice
No matter what I just can't seem to get into Kovtun's program. No hard feeling. I mean he worked hard and deserved the win. Weird with only one combo though. Maybe it's the strategy to somehow downplay it a bit for now, as in they don't feel like he needs to gather that much point thus this layout is enough for him to win, especially when he goes clean.

Oh and that PCS......

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Yes, and PCS... oh god, how on Earth someone not being drunk would give him 9s??? for CH, PE etc especially?

Lota

Record Breaker
He has quite a cheer section though, so I guess Maxim's quite popular in Russia.

It's his home town, obviously people are cheering for him. Exactly why he was feeling so pressured.

Now in the interview he's saying that he's sad about not making a 2nd combo, and that he had to do loads of jump-math in his head :laugh: but he was trying to enjoy the performance.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Good job by Kovtun but it seemed his legs were already dead after first 3 quads, needs way more triples after that

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well that was interesting! But it's nearly 2am here so I better :bed: Goodnight all!

Congrats to all the men who skated today! And Sasha came third right? So whoo for him especially! :hap10:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Ok...I try not to enter the hating mood right now, but this program..:gaah: But yes, Kovtun's jumps were good today.

Oh, and well done Kolyada! I love his FS..and music:laugh:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Good job by Kovtun but it seemed his legs were already dead after first 3 quads, needs way more triples after that

Could have scored more if he had no quads but had an intelligently constructed program with 2 3As :/ This feels like a complete waste of a 3 quad FS.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Could have scored more if he had no quads but had an intelligently constructed program with 2 3As :/ This feels like a complete waste of a 3 quad FS.

Indeed, but maybe he plands to add it when he will be able to execute it

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Indeed, but maybe he plands to add it when he will be able to execute it

Mhm, and checking of his past performances it seems like he actually has 2 3As planned as well. At least he's somewhat ambitious...

Perdita

Final Flight
Congrats Mika!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't great but you did enough to show to the world that you've got the talent to shine. Amazing fight.

I'm so proud of Maxim and Sasha too. Welcome back, Maxim, and what a fight from Sasha without a quad. Very good.

I really hope Adian will recover from the back pain soon.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope we get updates on Adian. I haven't seen his FP, but I really don't want to watch it. It seems a little too painful to watch.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Kovtun always had that 3 quads and then nothing strategy... that's why his scores tank so hard when the quads aren't there.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Kovtun always had that 3 quads and then nothing strategy... that's why his scores tank so hard when the quads aren't there.

Yes. And now his 3 quads strategy is nothing special anymore since Yuzuru, Javi, Boyang, and the others are starting to put the same amount of quads.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yes. And now his 3 quads strategy is nothing special anymore since Yuzuru, Javi, Boyang, and the others are starting to put the same amount of quads.

The problem is, that I don't see any strategy in Maxim layout. It's like let's put 3 quads and let's see what will happen :biggrin:

paperhearts

Final Flight
Congrats 3-time National Champion Maxim Kovtun! Great comeback after a bad NHK FS. I don't think I will ever be a fan of his skaing, but I can appreciate his jumps and Tat's love for him! :)

Also, congrats to Mikhail for a job well done! Wow for bursting out of nowhere to being Russian National Silver Medalist. :yahoo: Who's third?

Last edited: