2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
soo much depth in russian pairs its a shame indeed

this might be the end of season for

Tarasova / Morozov, Astakhova / Rogonov , Zabijako / Enbert and Bazarova / Deputat

That's sad :(

I know Vera's jumps are small but they shouldn't be far behind the couple ahead of them. Their program was great.

moriel

Record Breaker
soo much depth in russian pairs its a shame indeed

this might be the end of season for

Tarasova / Morozov, Astakhova / Rogonov , Zabijako / Enbert and Bazarova / Deputat

Yeah =(
I kinda have the max spots rule now... It shouldnt be 3 at all, should be like 5-6. But the 4+ should be hard to get, like dunno, the number of teams / skaters you have in top 15 at last worlds + 1.

Or russia should start slitting teams, like send the top 1 for both worlds and euros, and everybody else gets just one of those - maybe #2-3 go to worlds, and #4-5 to euros.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I love it when skaters put their hearts and souls into what they're doing, and that's why I think Astakhova/Rogonov deserved higher PCS than Tarasova/Morozov who were nice and well-presented but rather boring and lifeless, they looked kind of phony in that monotonous program, while A/K were clearly the best of the day in terms of PE and CH. seeing artistic effort not properly rewarded is what makes me the angriest :dev2:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I adoore A/R.
I am a dancer and this FS is everything. I mean, there is a story line, innovative choreography, wow moments, technical abilities...They have improved a lot since the beginning of the season! Congrats! Such a shame they did not podium

I would also put T/M above K/S, but it is just my personal preference

sneakers

Match Penalty
Or russia should start slitting teams, like send the top 1 for both worlds and euros, and everybody else gets just one of those - maybe #2-3 go to worlds, and #4-5 to euros.

plenty have said here, they should use Euros as qualifying for Worlds
sit out the national champion or merited skater in GPF and maybe send the top 4-6 finishers at nationals to Euros

we'd see more distribution of skaters
instead of seeing the same faces in Worlds and Euros

bramweld

Record Breaker
I love it when skaters put their hearts and souls into what they're doing, and that's why I think Astakhova/Rogonov deserved higher PCS than Tarasova/Morozov who were nice and well-presented but rather boring and lifeless, they looked kind of phony in that monotonous program, while A/K were clearly the best of the day in terms of PE and CH. seeing artistic effort not properly rewarded is what makes me the angriest :dev2:

It's a matter of tastes as they say. It bugs me to no end that K/S weren't able to be cleaner today, i'd love to see if they would have scored above V/T. T/M are as engaging as white bread but they do these sort of routines almost every year and they're handsomely rewarded, so why change? It won't give you the results unless you can skate it like Ksenia Stolbova. Then watch out.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I would also put T/M above K/S, but it is just my personal preference
It was close. I like K/S better, but for K/S might have been the better decision for the future. T/M's program was boring, I guess that was the problem. But I like her better this season, she looks healthier. And apparently the 4Tw ist the only quad worth doing in pairs.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I'm sure V/T and K/S are not in the need for more European Championship medals considering their levels. S/K, T/M and A/R would make a great team for Euros and V/T, K/S, S/K can go to Worlds after that.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm conflicted, because I love K/S and Manfred, so I like seeing them and the program again and again. On the other hand, I also love T/M (once again, could use better programs) and I believe it's time to let them skate at more international competitions and gain experience and confidence. And don't even get me started on A/R.

I don't know what to do in this situation. As usual, something's gotta give, but I don't think it should necessarily always be the younger generation.

slider11

Medalist
Very interesting last group with the pairs. Kavaguti and Smirnov are like 'war horses" finding a way to sneak into silver. I really like this pair and particularly like this Manfred LP. If they could skate it clean it would be on the Worlds podium. I'm not really loving Tatiana and Max's "Dracula" but they certainly have beautiful skating. I agree with the espn commentator that Tarasova and Morozov have wonderful technical skills but "lack personality" on the ice. Perhaps next year they can find a vehicle that will help them express themselves more fully. The maestro and "I represent music-see a I have a G cleft on my dress" is a little predictable, but lots of potential as they grow and mature. Ashtakova and Rogonov also have tremendous potential. Their personality is very evident on the ice, especially him. Lots of strong possibilities for Russian pairs.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
T/M need desperately to get better programs and a better choroegrapher they are too good to be skating to this crap. They have all the makings of future World champions but need to show some emotion and personality out on the ice too. Time for the Russian Federation to push them because K/S are maxed out and not the future considering their ages.

sneakers

Match Penalty
T/M need desperately to get better programs and a better choroegrapher they are too good to be skating to this crap. They have all the makings of future World champions but need to show some emotion and personality out on the ice too. Time for the Russian Federation to push them because K/S are maxed out and not the future considering their ages.

yes new chroegraphy is needed
they have huge technical potential

now they have quad twist, tehir throws are huge that it too has room for quads
they have the best pair spins in the world right now

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yes new chroegraphy is needed
they have huge technical potential

now they have quad twist, tehir throws are huge that it too has room for quads
they have the best pair spins in the world right now

They remind me right now of Totmianina/Marinin in that technically they are brilliant but lack a connection and personality on the ice. But they are young and can grow. They even have the same initials as them. :eek:

sneakers

Match Penalty
They remind me right now of Totmianina/Marinin in that technically they are brilliant but lack a connection and personality on the ice. But they are young and can grow. They even have the same initials as them. :eek:

in terms of blandness right now

but T/M never had huge elements
T/M had troubles especially with their twists and throws werent that smooth

Giselle

Medalist

But some skaters actually care about the Euro title, so why should #2/#3 not be given a chance to go to Euro (and maybe beat #1 there and be in a better position for Worlds).

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
in terms of blandness right now
they have a great short but the long sort of :noshake:

I just love A/R too
Wish russia had less good teams so they had more international compos.
Maybe S/K can ditch worlds again? And T/M too, and whoever else... So we have V/T, K/S and A/R
+1000000 My top 3 fav teams!:bow:
Its a shame A/R wont get to the Intl scene. These kind of interesting choreo cant lose to T/M one! They should really really train the elements like mad!
I always prefer personality over clean elements

oooh I was SOO afraid to look at the results page!
& as I get from the comments no one was clean?
shame shame:sad4:
but yeahhhh Manfred lives!!!:cheer: they're in!!!!!! hopefully they're better at Worlds & Euros!

Last edited:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
T Time for the Russian Federation to push them because K/S are maxed out and not the future considering their ages.
Really? Maybe the Russian fed had the same thoughts placing T/M before K/S at the last year Nationals and then K/S won Euros and became the best Russian team at worlds.:rock:

Lota

Record Breaker
Really? Maybe the Russian fed had the same thoughts placing T/M before K/S at the last year Nationals and then K/S won Euros and became the best Russian team at worlds.:rock:

Yeah, but at Worlds they were ahead of T/M by less than 0.5 point. Even less here. But yeah, for T/M to be sent ahead of K/S they'd need better programs and a bigger points difference. Still a bit sad though (though I am happy for K/S).