2017 Europeans Ladies FS | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Ladies FS

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Starting with the 2016-17 season, the rules changed. The tech handbook now says "only the jumps not according to the requirements will receive no value, but the rest of the jumps of the combination/sequence will be counted" fully.

actually, she should have been received full credit for 2A.
so mistake from judges

No, no mistake. The +REP is correct when there is an extra combo:

More than three Jump combinations/sequences
If the number of jump combinations or sequences are more than three, only the
first jump of the extra jump combinations/sequences is counted. This jump will be
marked with the sign “+REP” and receive 70% of the base value (as a repetition
of a jump combination/sequence), e.g. 3Lo+3T*+REP, 3Lo+3T*+2A*+REP etc.

(Copy of the tech rules via USFS's website: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2016-17 TPHB Singles.pdf)

But why was her base value for the 2 axel "only" 2.54 when it is 3.63 for other ladies' 2 axel after the half-way mark ?

Not that it mattered much but I'm unsure of the rule here.

Because the +REP means the jump receives 70% of the correct value. 2.54 is 70% of 3.63!

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't understand why people attack Zhenia because of an extra triple :confused: if she can do it, she does it. So?

andromache

Record Breaker
Maria had a bad outing here, but I hope we see her do better at Worlds. Elena needs some time off to get her jumps in better shape, and perhaps to work on some refinement?

Maria isn't the most exciting or charismatic skater, but I really enjoy her understated elegance and interpretation. Give us some balletic warhorse programs next season Maria! No more snoozy music!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
actually agree with that:hopelessness:
I start to agree with Raf that senior comps should start with 18 years old:laugh:

I would say 16. In other sports there are teenagers too, just not 15 years olds.... But there are many 17 years old athletes everywhere. At that age a year makes difference. Btw. I'm not sure with Nathan recent succes he would like for him to be not allowed to compete at Seniors :p (Nathan will be 18 in May)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
All the ardent defenders of Evgenia's moving and respectful and totally classy terrorism program want to chime in here about smiling while she performed it?

Imagine having lost a loved one to terrorism, and hearing about this gorgeous, several-times-gold-medal-winning figure skating performance that offers a touching tribute to those who have also lost loved ones to terrorism...and then you see the skater smiling during it. :disapp:

But it's arrrrrrt. It's SUPPOSED to make you uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yuki

Final Flight
But why was her base value for the 2 axel "only" 2.54 when it is 3.63 for other ladies' 2 axel after the half-way mark ?

Not that it mattered much but I'm unsure of the rule here.

(3.3 * 0.7) *1.1
* 0.7 for the + REP penalty
* 1.1 for the 2nd half bonus

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I don't understand why people attack Zhenia because of an extra triple :confused: if she can do it, she does it. So?

Some people can't stand that their favourites aren't capable of doing such things and they try to put other skaters' accomplishments down because of it:)

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Don't be jealous of talented juniors, Zagitova is awesome too:p
Why jealous? Ok, deep in my hard I'm probably jealous of all those girls, but more of Pogorilaya than Zagitova. And Zagitova is awesome of course, but she's nowhere near Pogorilaya's level. Just no. And the judges at Russian Nationals should know better than to disrespect their mature renowned skaters like that.

Florencito

Medalist
Congrats to Evgenia and her nerves of steel. She's really amazing. She's alos never be my cup of tea until she changes choreographer because I really can't stand her programs and all that OTT miming. I think she has a big potential so I hope she'll find somebody who can actually help her to develop it.

Congrats to Carolina who did much better than I expected her to! I stil don't like her in the lps but she's really an ispiration.

Anna :love: Such a fighter queen, well done! I can only hope she gets a better costumists becuse those ripped things they have her wearing are awful.

Laurine :love: Anna is the queen and she's la reine! Keep it up, girl!

Mae and Angelina :ghug:

madison

Record Breaker
Great competition. What do we learn?
1. Judges at Russian Nationals should judge the skaters on their actual performances. Now it's obvious that Radionova would have been the better pick.
2. Carolina is getting reliable in her old days. :hap57: And I can't criticise a thing about this program/performance.
3. Anna is fierce, agressive and a smart cookie. What was she, 4th at Nationals? What a joke.
4. Evgenia needs a fun program, this drama isn't for her. And she should add this 3Lo in combination, I can do without all those 3T's and 2T's. I get it - she can do a 3T. She can do better if she really wants to show off. Honestly, I'm not impressed by the performance from her. She deserved to win of course, there's no doubt, but she could be more. More! I need more from Evgenia! Another 3T just doesn't do it for me.
5. Laurine's costume change doesn't get old.
6. Loved Loena. I think she's here to stay.

I totally agree with this.

And Evgenia doesn't impress me at all... I get it, she is super consistent and a very good jumper.... but I cannot emote with her at all. I think she doesn't use her pluses ( as the flow and the soft skate) properly at this moment.
Anna.. well she is at the moment my favorite Russian. I would like her to work on the facial expression and on some positions in spins.
I would like to see Radi at Worlds.. even if she wouldn't be at her best, she has personality for a million.

DannyCurry

On the Ice
No, no mistake. The +REP is correct when there is an extra combo:

Because the +REP means the jump receives 70% of the correct value. 2.54 is 70% of 3.63!

Ok, thanks for the explanation ! Makes sense now.

Well, I think Evgenia was pretty much aware of the rule and points she'd lose but she could afford it, whether to show (off) her consistency, please her fans and enrage a bit more her haters haha.

Again it doesn't matter much to me because the placement for the top 3 was right, and Evgenia didn't get extra credit for that extra 3toe.

Nathan13

Medalist
Maria had a bad outing here, but I hope we see her do better at Worlds. Elena needs some time off to get her jumps in better shape, and perhaps to work on some refinement?

Maria isn't the most exciting or charismatic skater, but I really enjoy her understated elegance and interpretation. Give us some balletic warhorse programs next season Maria! No more snoozy music!

Russia hasn't officially announced entries for Worlds, correct? Maybe it will be after Winter Universiade now?

Kutien

Final Flight
1Evgenia MEDVEDEVARUS229.7111video
2Anna POGORILAYARUS211.3923video
3Carolina KOSTNERITA210.5232video
4Maria SOTSKOVARUS192.5245video
5Laurine LECAVELIERFRA188.1054video
6Nicole RAJICOVASVK179.7076video
7Loena HENDRICKXBEL172.71117video
8Ivett TOTHHUN172.6568video
9Roberta RODEGHIEROITA161.00812video
10Nicole SCHOTTGER160.63910video
11Emmi PELTONENFIN160.57149video
12Anastasia GALUSTYANARM155.141014video
13Matilda ALGOTSSONSWE154.631811video
14Joshi HELGESSONSWE152.861313video
15Helery HALVINEST146.681615video
16Mae Berenice MEITEFRA145.071219video
17Nathalie WEINZIERLGER143.402217video
18Natasha MCKAYGBR140.852416video
19Angelina KUCHVALSKALAT139.632018video
20Michaela-Lucie HANZLIKOVACZE138.231521video
21Anna KHNYCHENKOVAUKR136.572120video
22Kerstin FRANKAUT132.081724video
23Viveca LINDFORSFIN130.101922video
24Anne Line GJERSEMNOR128.682323video

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Why jealous? Ok, deep in my hard I'm probably jealous of all those girls, but more of Pogorilaya than Zagitova. And Zagitova is awesome of course, but she's nowhere near Pogorilaya's level. Just no. And the judges at Russian Nationals should know better than to disrespect their mature renowned skaters like that.

She showed a more difficult content there...I agree that it wasn't right, but to say that Alina's PCS is a "joke" in my opinion can be used when a skater's skating is BAD, but hers is not.

madison

Record Breaker

But what's her goal of doing it? Judges and the public already know she's very consistent and can do multiple combinations.
It can be interpreted as arrogance and unprofessional.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
But what's her goal of doing it? Judges and the public already know she's very consistent and can do multiple combinations.
Gezz, this is a showy sport, you show off what you can do. People shoud stop this hate on her.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia

It can interpreted like whatever people want it to be. Arrogance? Might be, but taking her personality - hardly. She wants to do something new. That's what a good sportsman does or can do. She is developing and getting better from start to start, BTW.