Patrick Chan | Page 520 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
https://youtu.be/Xe4lv5SJMwQ :luv17: Good interview. So right now he seems to be more in love with Dunst in the Wind than Halleluja. Same here :agree2: For now of course

Whaatt????!!! Patrick was on the West Coast in Cali for two weeks?!

Did you hear that, Mrrice?

Hope he had some fun in the sun surfing!

But seriously, I also prefer DITW, and I like that Patrick gets meaning out of the song's lyrics and it's part of his philosophy for this season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg patrick is handsomer every year.... how does he do this? :love:

and there : i want to focus on the experience not the results :agree:

but then : I prefer Dust in the wind as it relates a lot to everybody's life, to my life and my approach of the season....

I thought he wanted not to be "as involved" in his programs... but of course, I am joking as I know that despite this wish, an artist always ends up being involved emotionally with what they do... probably why figure skating is so difficult to predict as anyone can have a rough skate...

Here is something for you my dearest Patrick

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Release it everywhere, Patrick, at least in Canada, or at least in Montreal. Bottle it in half bottles too, so people can enjoy it regularly outside of celebratory gatherings.

This could be my soft drink since I don't do colas and other sugar water, carbonated or not.

I still can't believe Chiddy's wine is made and sold literally a mere ten minute drive from my house.

Shall I begin to purchase a stockpile for our impending Chanadian Worlds 2020 meetup? ;)

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I still can't believe Chiddy's wine is made and sold literally a mere ten minute drive from my house.

Shall I begin to purchase a stockpile for our impending Chanadian Worlds 2020 meetup? ;)

You'll have to visit them now for sure! See the pics on my blog of their stockpile! (I tried to order one online and couldn't - they only ship within Canada. :sad4:)

-----------------------------

For those of you who are still up.... here's my HPC Day 1 summary blog post for your late night reading pleasure!

Patrick Chan at High Performance Camp, August 30, 2017

Enjoy!

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
In 2:29, Patrick says everything that we spend pages and pages saying in this thread. I literally have nothing to add about this interview, other than :agree: and :love:. Thanks goes to nimi for posting this in the "Canadian Road to the Olympics" thread! Here's Patrick talking with PJ Kwong at HPC. I always like the questions that PJ asks because it's clear that she's a true lover of skating itself.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I'm going! Any messages for Chiddy? And no, I can't tell him some of you think his butt is the best thing in figure skating. :p

Awesome! Tell him to keep letting go when he skates and remember his strengths! (Just like he told PJ in their interview this morning!)

Transcription of the interview is on my blog post for anyone who wants to read it! :agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You'll have to visit them now for sure! See the pics on my blog of their stockpile! (I tried to order one online and couldn't - they only ship within Canada. :sad4:)

-----------------------------

For those of you who are still up.... here's my HPC Day 1 summary blog post for your late night reading pleasure!

Patrick Chan at High Performance Camp, August 30, 2017

Enjoy!

oh ... i may need to get some shipped here :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
In 2:29, Patrick says everything that we spend pages and pages saying in this thread. I literally have nothing to add about this interview, other than :agree: and :love:. Thanks goes to nimi for posting this in the "Canadian Road to the Olympics" thread! Here's Patrick talking with PJ Kwong at HPC. I always like the questions that PJ asks because it's clear that she's a true lover of skating itself.

:yes2:

You are one with the music, and we are one with you, Patrick!

Go and be your best self!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Latest interview of Patrick by Bev Smith! Lots of good technical detail on his plans in here:

https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/patrick-chan-dust-in-the-wind/

Personally, I like what he said about being a normal human being. However, he may be underestimating just a tad bit his contribution to the sport, as well as the significance of an OGM. Unfortunately, since we live in a winner-take-all society, the rewards runners up get often pale in comparison to the enormous rewards we heap on first place finishers. But I have no doubt that he will transition well to the next part of his journey when it comes. All the best to him!

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Latest interview of Patrick by Bev Smith! Lots of good technical detail on his plans in here:

Personally, I like what he said about being a normal human being. However, he may be underestimating just a tad bit his contribution to the sport, as well as the significance of an OGM. Unfortunately, since we live in a winner-take-all society, the rewards runners up get often pale in comparison to the enormous rewards we heap on first place finishers. But I have no doubt that he will transition well to the next part of his journey when it comes. All the best to him!
So much food for thought in this article. He sounded so unexcited about his music during "the big reveal" that I would have had no idea that Patrick and David found DITW two years ago and decided to save it for the Olympics. And although it wasn't explicitly stated, I got the impression that Hallelujah was chosen similarly. Apparently there has been a long-range music plan after all. :laugh: Well done, Bev Smith: You had me from that ADORABLE picture!!!!! :luv17: My favorite parts are his words about DITW and his realization that whether he wins the OGM or not, he's still the same person at his core. Enjoy your "higher intellectual learning experience" this season, Patrick! I love that phrase! :yes: If you do, then we will too! :)

ETA: The way he talked about the 4F (i.e. "not right now") made me wonder if any part of him is considering sticking around beyond Pyeongchang. More than likely a pipe dream, but he didn't say, "I'll never do a 4F." So...

randomsplashes

Rinkside

thank you for posting the interview!

I love how Patrick's taking a different perspective towards this Olympic season; he's doing this his way and it really shows in his two programs. It's clear from what we've seen so far that he's truly taking control of his path and showcasing his enormous depth of skills and experience. There's already lots of waterworks going on, and I know that there won't be a dry eye in the crowd in Pyeongchang :sad46:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I love how Patrick's taking a different perspective towards this Olympic season; he's doing this his way and it really shows in his two programs. It's clear from what we've seen so far that he's truly taking control of his path and showcasing his enormous depth of skills and experience. There's already lots of waterworks going on, and I know that there won't be a dry eye in the crowd in Pyeongchang :sad46:

:2thumbs:

And welcome to the Patrick FF randomsplashes!:biggrin:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
You beat me to it viv! LOL I was just coming over to post this link.

So now that Pat has officially announced it, it's safe to say

David Wilson-SP
Jeffrey Buttle-LP.

;)

Thank you for sharing that tidbit!

Welcome to our fan fest, Randomsplashes! I hope to see Patrick have wet eyes in Pyeongchang, too!

Eric Radford just posted this to his Instagram account. :palmf::scard8:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYeuLqlg2rn/?hl=en&taken-by=ericradford85

:eeking::laugh: Oops! Pchiddy slipped right out of his hands....

It looked like Patrick did some kind of somersault twist in the air... like a gymnast! :laugh:

Well, my blog post is updated with today's interviews and video clips (there was another one with the Canadian Press), so enjoy, folks!