Patrick Chan | Page 523 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Of course! Should have known that it was the food!

And here's a nice photo of everyone who was there:

https://twitter.com/crazykuroneko/status/906138064807796740

Were those bunny ears, Javier? :laugh:

Okay, okay, here's the "dignified" version of the photo:

https://twitter.com/crazykuroneko/status/906127605245415424

Good memories!
BOTH photos are AWESOME! :) It's always nice to see skaters enjoying each other's company when they're not competing. :yes:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
we have been graced with another awesome photochan ;)

I mentioned loving harry potter... :)

here is Patrick with even more magic

thanks to blueberryhill for making my dreams come true... you are the best!!

happylife

On the Ice

Thank you for sharing this photochan with us :love::love::love:. You and Patrick are awesome :luv17::luv17::luv17:.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow, were they making fun of NY Fashion Week? :rofl: (And does this mean Patrick went to Venice Beach for his vacation? :laugh2:)

This is one of those videos that you hope doesn't get taken down or deleted...

And here's my latest blog post:

Patrick Chan News Update, September 10, 2017

I found some other pics of Patrick with his friends... including a time machine! :laugh:

nice tub crowd :) patrick and jeff.. joey :love: and yeah.. time machine... i had forgotten all about Chris Mabee who seems to be the guy being hugged by jeff...

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States

Patrick Chan and Harry Potter - both amazing and magical. Love it! :yes:

Oh! Thanks for reminding :laugh:. Yes, Thank you to BBHILL, VIVLEY and ALL for your contribution and being part of Chiddy FF :thank: ;).
:agree:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Michael Slipchuk mentions Patrick here..

https://youtu.be/O5PN8WLcdEM?t=11m28s

Thank you! I'll add it to my blog. Meanwhile, here's a transcript of what was said:

Mike Slipchuk on Patrick:

Ted: So Patrick Chan is now going into his second season now with Marina Zoueva at the helm, and there was more shifting last season in between... do you think that's more settled and will give him more confidence and strength and consistency going in?

Mike: Yeah, and again, that was second year back after taking the time off, but... it's a good environment, good system... He's... looks good this summer. You know, again, he's been through this, this will be his third games. Marina has been through this many a times, and Oleg, who is a part of... Oleg, who is the other coach on the team, like it's a good system there, and... I always say with the athletes, if they feel good in the environment they're in, and they enjoy coming every day, they're going to perform well. And I think that's the key, and it's been a good... you know, I think it's pretty much been a good year, and they really picked up and he had a good season last year, so we're looking for that to continue.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thank you! I'll add it to my blog. Meanwhile, here's a transcript of what was said:

Mike Slipchuk on Patrick:

Ted: So Patrick Chan is now going into his second season now with Marina Zoueva at the helm, and there was more shifting last season in between... do you think that's more settled and will give him more confidence and strength and consistency going in?

Mike: Yeah, and again, that was second year back after taking the time off, but... it's a good environment, good system... He's... looks good this summer. You know, again, he's been through this, this will be his third games. Marina has been through this many a times, and Oleg, who is a part of... Oleg, who is the other coach on the team, like it's a good system there, and... I always say with the athletes, if they feel good in the environment they're in, and they enjoy coming every day, they're going to perform well. And I think that's the key, and it's been a good... you know, I think it's pretty much been a good year, and they really picked up and he had a good season last year, so we're looking for that to continue.

i agree with mike... but i am curious about what you all think? do you think Patrick looks happier? Do you think Patrick had a great season last year?

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
i agree with mike... but i am curious about what you all think? do you think Patrick looks happier? Do you think Patrick had a great season last year?
He certainly seems calmer on the ice, less worried even when he makes mistakes. He takes his time on every movement. He gives better interviews that are less controversial now. ;) I think a "great" season would have included getting on the World podium -- just a few more points and he would have gotten there. But he had a very good season because he made it to the GPF and gave us one clean performance of each program (2 clean Blackbirds, actually, but Worlds was better than GPF). I have no complaints about last season. Now hopefully next season he'll be able to rotate and land all three quads in the LP along with the Axels and triples. Overall, he seems less anxious and more content with whatever happens, so yes, I guess he is happier. The sports psych might be a big part of that. Patrick skates his best when he is skating for himself (such as at 2014 JO), so hopefully he can maintain that mindset throughout this season. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He certainly seems calmer on the ice, less worried even when he makes mistakes. He takes his time on every movement. He gives better interviews that are less controversial now. ;) I think a "great" season would have included getting on the World podium -- just a few more points and he would have gotten there. But he had a very good season because he made it to the GPF and gave us one clean performance of each program (2 clean Blackbirds, actually, but Worlds was better than GPF). Now hopefully next season he'll be able to rotate and land all three quads in the LP. Overall, he seems less anxious and more content with whatever happens, so yes, I guess he is happier. The sports psych might be a big part of that. Patrick skates his best when he is skating for himself (such as at 2014 JO), so hopefully he can maintain that mindset throughout this season. :)

i agree with what you say here.... Patrick's Japan Open 2014.. what a gorgeous skate. (and i adored that costume)

Gosh... a few more weeks and hopefully Patrick will reveal his outfits... may they be modern, sleek and form fitting ;)

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
i agree with what you say here.... Patrick's Japan Open 2014.. what a gorgeous skate. (and i adored that costume)

Gosh... a few more weeks and hopefully Patrick will reveal his outfits... may they be modern, sleek and form fitting ;)

Before 2014 JO, I thought Four Seasons 2 was the height of Patrick's artistry. Chopin absolutely blew my mind. And the last time we had seen him skate an LP he was so tense, but at JO he skated so freely. The first line of my post about it was, "If only, if only, Patrick had skated like that in Sochi, he would be Olympic Champion right now." It almost moved me to tears. I didn't really like the costume, but I didn't care because he skated like that. :laugh:

:agree: with your wish about this season's costumes. Fingers crossed.