2017 Autumn Classic Intl FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Autumn Classic Intl FD

nimi

Medalist
I lthink S/D's program is good but at the same time I'm slightly allergic to 'It's a man's world' so...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
This song combined with the fact it looks like someone tried to rip Olivia's dress off her just give this dance a suuuuuuper creepy vibe for me

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think Smart and Diaz are a lot better this season than they were last season.

I sing along with this music.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Olivia...sharp dress.

Unfortunately, it's the sharpest thing about that program.

It's so...so...meh.

And I like them. But really, there's not much to that.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Smart/Diaz really grabbed my attention with that first lift but then they didn't carry through that attack for the rest of the first song. They seemed a lot more committed to the second piece, so I enjoyed that more.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Really nice for Smart & Diaz today. More on the music than in Quebec. Just a great choice for them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This song combined with the fact it looks like someone tried to rip Olivia's dress off her just give this dance a suuuuuuper creepy vibe for me

And then to combine it with (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman?

I'm surprised they didn't use The Crystals' "He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss)."

A huge miss of a program on so many levels.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Is it me or is this season totally dominated by Latin and Spanish themes. So many Tangos, Carmen too... You'd have thought this year's Olympics is taking place in Spain or South America rather than Korea.

pearly

Record Breaker
I don't have anything nice to say about this tango.

Quinn looks a bit like Scott. It's the hair.

A bit of off topic - Kolyada wins men's event at Nepela after finishing 10th in the short. He wins with -3 ded in the free and still with 13 point difference.

GGFan

Record Breaker
That program seemed to grown for M/C. I saw all of the moves and facial expressions but didn't feel them. Glad they're getting experience and I'm always thrilled to see a Sui/Han spin.

nimi

Medalist
Is it me or is this season totally dominated by Latin and Spanish themes. So many Tangos, Carmen too... You'd have thought this year's Olympics is taking place in Spain or South America rather than Korea.
Next season's SD is tango right?

Teams already preparing for that? :p

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

Yeah, I'm kinda over it. I like the Dane's flamenco, and Lorraine saves this tango... and I guess V/M's latin is passable :giveup:

but other than those three, I just tune out of all the other flamtangomens

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The problem for me is that M/C's tango is full of atonal notes, so it's a tango with a bit of a sour bite to it, but the dance is all rather conventional.