2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The song lyrics are 'he makes my panties drop' or something but in the version T/M use you hear a record scratch instead of 'panties drop'

at least they left out the line about... big male appendages.

Just say no to Christina A. guys. She's not in your wheelhouse.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
What are the judges drinking? How can T/M's program get higher PCS than S/M's???
I have no problem with T/M winning, it's fair and square. But holly cow those PCS...9.32 for CO...

That's my problem too... but seriously, I am going to get accused again for anti-russia, so i rather not lol...

pearly

Record Breaker
What are the judges drinking? How can T/M's program get higher PCS than S/M's???
I have no problem with T/M winning, it's fair and square. But holly cow those PCS...9.32 for CO...

:hslap: Lol.

Nimi, I'm not sure which music is worse, this or Music. I can't listen to either.

I have a feeling Aljona and Bruno will start a new trend with these lifts. Just wow. This program is really something.

gold12345

Medalist
I don't love "fun programs" as free skates, in particular Olympic free skates. I appreciate that Tarasova/Morozov haven't gone the classical route for every program and have pushed themselves out of their comfort zone, but they are just so classically Russian that I kind of wish they went classical for the Olympic year. (or at least, not so many music cuts)

Eclair

Medalist
Well that was a bundle of fun.

Not keen on Zhenya's dress. Although, strangely, I don't have a similar complaint about Vladimir's matching tie.

And there were some really strange edits in "Candyman".

But, overall, I really liked it.

Deserved to be ahead of Savchenko / Massot (nearly wrote Szolkowy :eek:: ). But, personally, Ziegler / Kiefer were my favourites today.

CaroLiza_fan

uhh what? how exactly did T/M deserve to be ahead of Savchenko/Massot in the FS? Their tech is merely 2 points higher than S/M, and they surely don't deserve better PCS than S/M ...

bixby

Final Flight
loooool Tarasova/Morozov getting higher PCS than Savchenko/Massot :rofl: Their program was inappropriate and uninspiring, with juniorish execution.

Savchenko/Massot's program on the other hand is a masterpiece and they skated and expressed it brilliantly.

That was a joke! I guess the judges are trying to be funny too. :laugh:

nimi

Medalist
No, that made it through. It was "cherry pop" that got censored. And later big "....synonym for rooster" that I don't know this forum allows, (I'm just the messenger pigeon here, I did not write it) that also was censored.
I stand corrected!

Things you learn about when you watch skating: Xtina's song lyrics

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So does the US qualify a pairs team now? (they are 5th out of the teams that were trying to qualify)

LoulouVi

Rinkside
I think that T/M were smoother and a bit faster on ice thank S/M, or so it seemed.
Tarasova is the living Vergin Mary, and she can wear whatever she wants, but I though the costumes were mighty fine for the both of them.
I don't like the program past Candy Man, that's the only bit I enjoy.

S/M: the program isn't my cup of tea. And they showed a bit of struggle tying to keep up with how intricate it is.
Triple thrown axel worse than yesterday.
But still no fear, that's really good.

Massot looked like he was a sorry man, if the scew ups are his fault, I believe it.
Every thrown triple axel is a surprise, good lord.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I get a kick out of it when even the skaters in the KnC look like they think they were overscored. Definitely deserved the win, though.

I would happily let them have POTO, Romeo and Juliet, Feeling Good, La La Land, any warhorse they choose if they give up on this program. They are TOO GOOD to be forced into those awkward dance moves in the beginning.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
No, that made it through. It was "cherry pop" that got censored. And later big "....synonym for rooster" that I don't know this forum allows, (I'm just the messenger pigeon here, I did not write it) that also was censored.

Ok... This sounds really inapropriate, but I shouldn't complain about this, since my dream is someone will ever skate to Amsterdam from Jacques Brel...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So does the US qualify a pairs team now? (they are 5th out of the teams that were trying to qualify)

No, they already got a spot at Helsinki, so they don't count here.

- - - Updated - - -

come on can we please start already i need to sleep

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wait but what happened with the thing where they finished below the other teams so even though it should have counted it didn't? Did that go away? Sorry!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
uhh what? how exactly did T/M deserve to be ahead of Savchenko/Massot in the FS? Their tech is merely 2 points higher than S/M, and they surely don't deserve better PCS than S/M ...

I don't know anything about the technicalities of skating.

All I know is that Aljona and Bruno's routine had a lot of mistakes, and I wouldn't have put them into the lead when they finished. And I said as much at the time.

I thought Zhenya and Vladimir performed their routine better.

But, as I said, those are just the views of somebody who isn't technically minded.

CaroLiza_fam

Lota

Record Breaker
I get that T/M probably wanted to do this due to the success of last year's SP, and I appreciate the effort to "spice up" the LPs in general, as they do tend to be mellow/emotional/dramatic, but... THEY HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL, THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRYYYYY :bang:

I at the very least hope that they continue trying out new things in the next quad, maybe they'll find something that'll really suit them.