2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wait but what happened with the thing where they finished below the other teams so even though it should have counted it didn't? Did that go away? Sorry!

What thing?

They finished high enough that they should have earned two spots, except by the time the other spots were handed out there was only one left for the USA. That's what happened. They can't qualify any more. END OF STORY.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wait but what happened with the thing where they finished below the other teams so even though it should have counted it didn't? Did that go away? Sorry!

Yes. It went away. Countries who earned any spots at Worlds cannot earn one at Nebelhorn, even due to a technicality like the USA had.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

S-K/S finished 10th at worlds and got one spot. Probably should have been two spots but it's one. You have one entry for pairs at the Olympics in February of 2018.

cleo2070

Final Flight
I would happily let them have POTO, Romeo and Juliet, Feeling Good, La La Land, any warhorse they choose if they give up on this program. They are TOO GOOD to be forced into those awkward dance moves in the beginning.

Actually, I think POTO would be a nice fit for them! Even (can't believe I'm writing this) Moulin Rouge.
Also agree on R&J - although, I seem to remember them already having skated to it? Really not sure about that.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium ceremony just started.

And they used a clip that was censored for Zhenya and Vladimir :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What are the judges drinking? How can T/M's program get higher PCS than S/M's???
I have no problem with T/M winning, it's fair and square. But holly cow those PCS...9.32 for CO...

This is exactly why figure skating loses fans like it's bleeding out. Performances are supposed to make audiences feel something. All I felt at the end of T/m and hearing their scores was, "hunh?"

At least, from my perspective. Everything about Aliona /Bruno's program was better than T/M ... except when you count up tech points, etc.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yes. It went away. Countries who earned any spots at Worlds cannot earn one at Nebelhorn, even due to a technicality like the USA had.

If we search the couch cushions we might find it! Quick get out of the vacuum. We might at least find some loose change!

Eclair

Medalist
This is exactly why figure skating loses fans like it's bleeding out. Performances are supposed to make audiences feel something. All I felt at the end of T/m and hearing their scores was, "hunh?"

At least, from my perspective. Everything about Aliona /Bruno's program was better than T/M ... except when you count up tech points, etc.

and even if you count tech points, Tarasova/Morozov were far form clean either. They only scored 2 points higher than S/M, since they botched the SBS jumps.

This isn't even a situation where you have to choose between technical brilliance and great choreography/expression/artistry/feeling.

They both were about the SAME in tech. But clearly the judges thought T/M PCS deserved to be better in PCS than Alina/Bruno ...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I don't love "fun programs" as free skates, in particular Olympic free skates. I appreciate that Tarasova/Morozov haven't gone the classical route for every program and have pushed themselves out of their comfort zone, but they are just so classically Russian that I kind of wish they went classical for the Olympic year.

I don't mind fun, but that performance was lil awkward and cringey in places with weird music edit. For a fun program, that honeycomb man performance was seriously lacking in sugar and calories...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is this the first medal at an ISU Sr comp for the Aussies?

yes, it's katia and harley's first senior international medal.

This has low-key been my favorite recurring joke of the day. It says so much about Americans (I am one myself) . . .

it gets funnier when you start counting how many of the little country skaters who had to qualify here beat both Denny/Frazier at Worlds and Cain/LeDuc here.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If T/M don't want to go classical then I would suggest Outlander. They seemed to really enjoy their Riverdance program before so I can see it working. Also it's romantic yet powerful. I can see them making it work.

I guess some of you like it and that's fair but I don't and I do like them as a team. They are beautiful to watch.. except for the side by sides. But this isn't a program that's going to beat a clean S/M or S/H if that is the goal.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Ok... This sounds really inapropriate, but I shouldn't complain about this, since my dream is someone will ever skate to Amsterdam from Jacques Brel...
:)
Dans le port d'Amsterdam
Y a des marins qui boivent
Et qui boivent et reboivent
Et qui reboivent encore
Ils boivent à la santé
Des putains d'Amsterdam
De Hambourg ou d'ailleurs
Enfin ils boivent aux dames
Qui leur donnent leur joli corps
Qui leur donnent leur vertu
Pour une pièce en or
Et quand ils ont bien bu
Se plantent le nez au ciel
Se mouchent dans les étoiles
Et ils pissent comme je pleure
Sur les femmes infidèles
Dans le port d'Amsterdam :rock:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I am not Russian, but i have to admit, I love the Russian National Anthem... it makes me smile every time.