2017 GP NHK Ladies SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies SP

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
In my opinion, Polina should be ahead of, or very close to, Carolina. (Both of them were great, but Caro's program had errors and didn't quite seem her best tonight.)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
At this point people are clapping for Medvedeva so quickly at the end just so they don't have to hear the stupid breath sound in the program. Now I see the genius of this bad choreography and interpretation - when the audience is given such an easy chance to cover it up, it gives off the impression of the performance being so great that everyone started clapping before it was over and never stopped! Seriously, genius! The Olympic audience will never even hear the breath sound, they'll only hear clapping and think Medvedeva did something so special that she deserved a more prolonged reaction than anyone.

Purv

Match Penalty
At this point people are clapping for Medvedeva so quickly at the end just so they don't have to hear the stupid breath sound in the program. Now I see the genius of this bad choreography and interpretation - when the audience is given such an easy chance to cover it up, it gives off the impression of the performance being so great that everyone started clapping before it was over and never stopped! Seriously, genius! The Olympic audience will never even hear the breath sound, they'll only hear clapping and think Medvedeva did something so special that she deserved a more prolonged reaction than anyone.

The most amazing thing that she will gonna score with the same program as here 85 points in end of the season. We all know that. Noe she gest 79 as she deserves(maybe not so much much but still) , then 85... how is that possible? How does it work? :)

Kittosuni

Medalist
As a GOT fan Im so proud Tsurskaya skated the soundtrack so beautifully.

The Queen Regent of the Seven Kingdoms will be proud :bow:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The most amazing thing that she will gonna score with the same program as here 85 points in end of the season. We all know that. How is that possible? How does it work? :)

I can't see her score going above the 82 range with the content she has, but yeah they will likely inflate her to that at the Olympics. +3 GOE will be given for no reason to almost all of her tech elements ("just" +2 on her wimpy double axel), giving her 43 points for technical score, and she will break the 39 mark for PCS.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Gosh i love NHK, such a wonderful event! That KnC area is amazing. Kudos to the organizer.

On the other hand cameramen are all terrible this season. Even here they zoom out when a skater is doing the combo... why?

Scores overall look okay to me: few things a little overlooked, maybe Hongo and Kostner should have been lower but not by much.

Evgenia Medvedeva: apart of the 2a, it was better than the rostelecom cup. the movements in the stsq were better timed with the music, overall she was faster, and the amount of crazy transitions and the improvements ont the skating skills justify the high components. Lovely program, the heart beating still unnecessary to me.

Caro's SP is growing on me, that stsq is beautiful, and she is getting the levels on the spins: the two minor mistakes were on the landing of the combo messy and the final combination spin a little shaky, but overall she is more consistent skater that she has ever been.

Polina Tsurskaya's SP: beautiful skate, the best jumps of the event for me: huge height, distance and flow, good transitions. You can see by her reaction at the end how badly she wanted to return to her top form. Great program, the choice of the music is very original (surprised that this is still today the only GOT program), the choreography is beautiful, smart choice to keep it another year. Great start!

What is the black thing for? That she tied on her dress?

It's a little detail to remember two young skaters from Torino who died in a car crash few weeks ago

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
It was great to see polina, what a lovely skater!! Wow! I'm blown away! She was the star for me this mornin.
And Satoko looked absolutely divine in that pink dress. She truly looked like a cherry blossom what has fallen from a tree and is dancing in the wind. She does these little unique things I've never noticed before. I see Grandma Leonova still has it goin on too! Mirai looks like she is starting to feel the music a little bit more so good for her. Can't wait for the free. I'm too scared to check out the men.

Purv

Match Penalty
Gosh i love NHK, such a wonderful event! That KnC area is amazing. Kudos to the organizer.

On the other hand cameramen are all terrible this season. Even here they zoom out when a skater is doing the combo... why?

Scores overall look okay to me: few things a little overlooked, maybe Hongo and Kostner should have been lower but not by much.

Evgenia Medvedeva: apart of the 2a, it was better than the rostelecom cup. the movements in the stsq were better timed with the music, overall she was faster, and the amount of crazy transitions and the improvements ont the skating skills justify the high components. Lovely program, the heart beating still unnecessary to me.

Caro's SP is growing on me, that stsq is beautiful, and she is getting the levels on the spins: the two minor mistakes were on the landing of the combo messy and the final combination spin a little shaky, but overall she is more consistent skater that she has ever been.

Polina Tsurskaya's SP: beautiful skate, the best jumps of the event for me: huge height, distance and flow, good transitions. You can see by her reaction at the end how badly she wanted to return to her top form. Great program, the choice of the music is very original (surprised that this is still today the only GOT program), the choreography is beautiful, smart choice to keep it another year. Great start!

It's a little detail to remember two young skaters from Torino who died in a car crash few weeks ago

But her transistions are not crazy, anyway transistions in PcS is just one of the components. Performance and interpretation or SS are something different. And When I see a skater , so teribbly slow,only raising her leg up and being so stiif in upper body to get level 4 in STEPSEQ and the same time geting 9 in SK and Performance and IN is terrible.

matcha

Medalist
So... if Alaine keeps skating as she is will the Canadian Fed still send her to the Games? Because :slink:

Purv

Match Penalty
I can't see her score going above the 82 range with the content she has, but yeah they will likely inflate her to that at the Olympics. +3 GOE will be given for no reason to almost all of her tech elements ("just" +2 on her wimpy double axel), giving her 43 points for technical score, and she will break the 39 mark for PCS.

Giving her +2 for that 2 axel is an insult to the rest of the skaters. The same with +3 for 3f3t and 3loop

And btw why Plolina is so low?70? 9 points difference beween her and Zhenia? Is this kind of a joke?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I have not watched anything yet, full disclaimer, but I have read here and looked at the protocols.
If Carolina was so messy and doesn't have high tech content anyway, how did she get 37 in TES??

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker

I heard "the stupid breath sound" very clearly tonight, and if I remember correctly the audience waited until the track ended to applaud. Also, I don't think it's stupid or a manipulation. Maybe it could be executed a bit better (I mean the sound design), but she's talked about the concept behind the program. It's an artistic choice, and, personally, I like it.

Purv

Match Penalty
I heard "the stupid breath sound" very clearly tonight, and if I remember correctly the audience waited until the track ended to applaud. Also, I don't think it's stupid or a manipulation. Maybe it could be executed a bit better (I mean the sound design), but she's talked about the concept behind the program. It's an artistic choice, and, personally, I like it.

I dont see any point in doing this because the rest of the program, I mean skating has nothing to do with the intended "theme " of this program.Talking about what this program all about it pointless. We should rather figure it out by themselves. Explaining a program "Tis is about..." is just stupid. And if not the last "scene" the program could be "about" anything else.Anyway ,that breath is plain dumb for me and has nothing to with clinic death afterall.Why add embarassing stuff like that ?Sorry I am harsh ,but during whole program skater do boredom plain stuff, with any connection to the music or "theme" and in the end addind some weird faces pretending that is artistic and "it is about something" Thats doenst work. Mimic and faces is not enough, Zhenia.Work on your body movements, expres feelings,music and emiotions through your body and skating ..not the mimics and open mouth We dont need this

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I am in shock that judges recognized today that Tsurskaya's 2A is better than that Medvedveva (they like getting things wrong) even if by only 0.43 point how it turns out from protocol. Still that 9+ points difference overall was not accurate imo, a great debut SP in Senior GP for Polina though!

I loved Polina.