2017 GP NHK Ladies SP | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies SP

nimi

Medalist
Oh, Mirai got the both ! and < on her lutz. Dodged the edge call, but mostly -2GOE so 3.02 points for that element... :slink:

Whyyyyy not do the loop instead?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I really liked Mirai's program and new-found fierceness. The marks not so much. But I believe if she continues to land the 3A , the marks will come.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This thread hasn't erupted into a gigantic gong show yet. I'm impressed.

Shouldn't there be at least a few people in here saying Alaine's PCS was too high? She deserves negative PCS! Kill the PCS!

Leonardo

Final Flight
It seems to me that Satoko's dear face is marked by anguish.
I begin to imagine how hard the last year has been for her.
I am afraid she will struggle to make the Olympic team.
But I just want her to rest and get better. [emoji22]

Indeed. Poor thing.
Of course she was a bit lucky today because her 3lo was not called, but anyway, she's probably not going to medal in this event. Before the injury she couldn't jump, but now her jumps are simply scary...But anyway, good luck to our tiny queen and may the best woman win the second japanese spot.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked Mirai's program and new-found fierceness. The marks not so much. But I believe if she continues to land the 3A , the marks will come.
She really needs to clean up those landings for obvious reasons and that fiery attitude was nice but was that like a whole career worth of emoting performed in one program. I honestly thought she could have chilled out a bit. There were probably children in the audience who were frightened ,:cool:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ok all, I'm out. I can't stay awake for the mens. :(

Have fun!:devil:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This thread hasn't erupted into a gigantic gong show yet. I'm impressed.

Shouldn't there be at least a few people in here saying Alaine's PCS was too high? She deserves negative PCS! Kill the PCS!

I think Zhenya proved her point and everything else went according to plan. What is there to bang a gong about.

I’m going back to sleep!! Thanks for putting up with me :bed:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Some protocol observations:

- I mentioned Soyoun's 3Lo already
- Satoko could've gotten higher GOE on the step sequence since it was so beautifully presented and went along with the music
- Sad to see that Mirai got hit with not 1 but 2 URs
- I thought Rika's 3T would get a UR, but it was her 3Lz instead

kimi492

Final Flight
She really needs to clean up those landings for obvious reasons and that fiery attitude was nice but was that like a whole career worth of emoting performed in one program. I honestly thought she could have chilled out a bit. There were probably children in the audience who were frightened ,:cool:

LOL Mirai was emoting for the gods!! The kids deserved some of that slayage :cool:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think Zhenya proved her point and everything else went according to plan. What is there to bang a gong about.

You say that as if people don't find things to bang on about when there is nothing to bang on about a million times in the past.

Get it on bangers of gongs.

gioccia

On the Ice
Satoko being in the OLY team will be an insult to such gorgeous talented technical and yet beautiful performers on the ice... as Wakaba, Marin and Mai...I just wish there's no special credit for her past achievements or politics...

Don't get me wrong, I loved Satoko's program, spins, step sequence but those jumps getting positive GOE in comparison with huge difficult jumps getting lower GOE is not a sport. It used to be enough to get on the world's podium, but not now... Radionova, Satoko and Tuk are the thing of the past. They will never get as good as current generation.