2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Serafima Sarkanovich

Tech: Good 3F+3T and rippon 3Lz. 2A out of almost a standstill. Fairly slow and simple footwork. Completed 3S+3T. Only a 1A, not a lot of speed going into it. Alright rippon 3F+2T. Nice rippon 3Lo, landing a bit wobbly. Fine speed in the combo spin and layback spin (not a "beautiful" position, Tara....). Very early with the music.

Pres: She needs a lot more work artistically. There wasn't much relation between her and Concierto de Aranjuez. Not a lot to note in terms of composition and interpretation. It's a very junior program.
She can get good PCS and fully capable of it now. But... she had so many troubles with TES in past 2 years that I think they decided to fix that first.

Happy for Sima slowly getting back on track. Good job!

evasorange

Final Flight
I did not like how Tara and especially Johnny seemed to imply that Ashley withdrew because she didn't want to perform weakly since she is supposed to be the top lady. They should have the information that she has been injured and had to take time off. Not that I expected better from them but still, shame on them.

WOW F that seriously. They both but especially Tara are so immature and uninformed. I'm so in shock over here that I somehow missed that...Ashley is an extremely tough competitor who as we've seen over the years never gives up even when she's coming into the lp in dead last. She wouldn't withdraw unless she felt she had to...ugh my heart💔💔

padme21

On the Ice
It seems like a crime that the Japanese ladies only have two spots. So much talent. Hearts will be broken at Japanese Nationals.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
kaori really learnt alot from Medvedeva

Eislauf

On the Ice
I love Sima! Her skating style is very fresh and soulful, as opposed to rote and robotic.

Sure she needs time to work on her components but you can tell that Plushy has already improved her jump technique and spins - the fundamentals.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Johnny back to the strange metaphors, I see. "Like crushed velvet"

andromache

Record Breaker
Disney Channel original movie idea: Two young rivals and training mates - one is better than the other, but they've always been close. Then the better one is surpassed by her training mate, and as they grow up, suddenly her training mate shoots up to the top of the field, wins the World Championships, and becomes unbeatable. The now-struggling one finds a new coach, continues to struggle, ends up basically written off by everyone around her. Then, she's taken under the wing of a former superstar, a rookie coach, and has to claw her way back up to the top, bit by bit, as the competition just keeps getting more and more difficult. Then one day she finally beats her old rival. They hug, and then everyone cries.

Sorry, I just don't get this Amelie program from Kaori. She's cute though.

diane044

Rinkside
CBC just switched to a stream with commentators. Icenetwork? It's not Tara & Johnny. Anyone know who they are. They're quite good and informative.

Edit: the male announcer just called her Tanya, I think.