2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - FS | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Men - FS

Tahuu

On the Ice
10! Was nervous for Patrick before he got on the ice. I think he will be much relaxed at the Olympics.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Honestly I wanted Patrick to be great, imho, he wasn't, but my thoughts are not important. He fully deserves to go to the Olympics. As for second place I am torn, between Nam and Keegan as I love both skaters. I preferred La strada program as it was cleaner and looked crisp and much better than the original one. Keegan was awesome too so, throw a dice :scratch2:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Keegan.:yahoo: 1st:eeking:

I prefer his Chaplin much more than Javi's.

Go, Kevin, representing Never-land!

We're so mean to Javi here. Nic's Elvis is better, Keegan's Chaplin is better... I mean, I agree with both of those things, but it's a little funny.

The sense of flight that Patrick achieves on the ice is one of the most beautiful things in figure skating since Janet Lynn :bow: I'm so happy he went with the double axels and went almost clean. I really don't care about his tech anymore

Neither do I. At this point, just be happy with your skates, Patrick, and I'll be happy too.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
How wonderful to see Patrick skating with such ease and joy of skating again! I've missed that.

He and Liam have the best skating skills in my book.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I hope Patrick gets the 3A back and with luck the 4S again. And if not the 4S, then +2/+3 GOEs on the rest of his triples.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well that was fun to watch. Thanks guys. :)

Okay I was kind of half-listening to Patrick's interview and nothing raised my eyebrows.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Patrick wasn't controversial he just has a little dose of tone deaf annoyingness. It's like he lacks social skills.

He started talking about Michael Jordan missing free throws and using that for encouragement. Regardless of whether he was doing a one to one comparison, it was implied. Here in the US we see Michael as the ultimate winner. Patrick on the other hand . . . :dev2:

Again, he might be a lovely person but he does not know how to be likable in interviews.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Woah, I saw the interview, but I totally wasn't listening. What did he say?

He's Michael Jordan of figure skating.
I mean ... I wish he was a bit more graceful in victory but then, he is who he is. IMO it's the cause of his downfall anyway so I guess in the end, he hurt himself the most. I'm still glad he won tonight.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Neither of his programs are really triumphant by its nature..

Not the program exactly - my feelings about the program. I'm not explaining it very well.

In fact, I'm not really explaining it at all.

I wanted my heart to soar, but it just flew a little bit.

beki

Medalist
A very haunting, lost in the wilderness kind of program. I’m glad he could achieve the 10th title as a fitting end to his career. But we’ll be on pins and needles for the team competition.

Kevin skated really strong in Helsinki so I’ll take that as his farewell.

Thrilled for Keegan and Elladj and agree with Tracy and Rod about how enjoyable their style of skating is.

Tough break for Nam but I wish he hadn’t gone back to that program.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So likely Nam, Kevin and Elladj for 4CC?

at the risk of derailing a thread (jk, please don't...)

Elladj and Jason (and Deanna and Nate, and Grant, and Donovan Carillo) at 4CC?:agree:

How much does a plane ticket from U.S. East Coast to Taipei cost again?:biggrin:

bixby

Final Flight
Patrick wasn't controversial he just has a little dose of tone deaf annoyingness. It's like he lacks social skills.

He started talking about Michael Jordan missing free throws and using that for encouragement. Regardless of whether he was doing a one to one comparison, it was implied. Here in the US we see Michael as the ultimate winner. Patrick on the other hand . . . :dev2:

Again, he might be a lovely person but he does not know how to be likable in interviews.

I agree. Can't figure why that is. Arrogance?

kresslia

Medalist
He's Michael Jordan of figure skating.
I mean ... I wish he was a bit more graceful in victory but then, he is who he is. IMO it's the cause of his downfall anyway so I guess in the end, he hurt himself the most. I'm still glad he won tonight.
Well, he didn't say that exactly, right? iirc he was just saying how even Jordan made mistakes. But yeah I knew it'd be controversial on here lol, the comparison is there to be made. He is quite tone deaf as someone else in here said. I don't think he's a bad dude but his word choices are quite poor at times haha.